Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the point is, why would anyone at the Albion leak something like 'our player has now turned down 2 offers of a better contract with us' to anyone. It's not what we do. So who is leaking it to Naylor and Hay ? I might suggest the only other people genuinely ITK are Ben and his agent.

I'd suggest Ben might also have discussed it with family and close friends. I'm sure his other half would be interested in what his career plans are, so he'd discuss it with her, I'm sure his parents would want to know, maybe offer advice (and perhaps here parents are interested, too). Perhaps they've discussed it with other family members. I know my mum has a weekly chat with some of her siblings and is constantly giving updates on the lives of here children and grandchildren. Maybe some of his friends have discussed it with him. Maybe not specifics, not how much, how long, but 'turned down their latest offer'.

How much detail are we seeing in the reports of declined contract offer? I've not seen much reported on here, suggesting the lack of the specifics might be due to being slightly distant from the discussion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just for the Leeds fans on here, eat your hearts out, back where he belongs :smile:

D9CC1A62-A8E3-417E-8EBE-FC0207968830.jpeg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'd suggest Ben might also have discussed it with family and close friends. I'm sure his other half would be interested in what his career plans are, so he'd discuss it with her, I'm sure his parents would want to know, maybe offer advice (and perhaps here parents are interested, too). Perhaps they've discussed it with other family members. I know my mum has a weekly chat with some of her siblings and is constantly giving updates on the lives of here children and grandchildren. Maybe some of his friends have discussed it with him. Maybe not specifics, not how much, how long, but 'turned down their latest offer'.

How much detail are we seeing in the reports of declined contract offer? I've not seen much reported on here, suggesting the lack of the specifics might be due to being slightly distant from the discussion.

I agree, Ben one of the only 2 outside of the Albion management who are genuinely ITK may well have confided to his family and maybe it is them that have blabbed to all and sundry including the press for them to propagate the information further.

If that is the case he clearly didn't learn after confiding the first time he rejected an offer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If that is the case he clearly didn't learn after confiding the first time he rejected an offer.

In fairness to Ben, if you're confiding in family and close friends how do you decide which one is leaking the info? How do you explain to your mum or your girlfriend or your best friend you're not going to talk to them about your job, future income, potential for moving elsewhere in the country because you don't trust them?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously not committed, still got his mobile in his pocket just waiting for that call. LOL

I did notice the two players behind him totally ignoring him too! Wouldn’t happen in Leeds

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In fairness to Ben, if you're confiding in family and close friends how do you decide which one is leaking the info? How do you explain to your mum or your girlfriend or your best friend you're not going to talk to them about your job, future income, potential for moving elsewhere in the country because you don't trust them?

Especially after forking out nearly a million quid for a house in Worthing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Who is the black player in picture 10 of the training pictures not Yves ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here