Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They also hate it when we point out the W8 D2 L2 stats from our games against them in the Championship. Plus finishing above them every season apart from Hypia. Oh and then us getting promoted and staying up while they choked another few times.

"But, but, but..... We are LEEDS. That's got to count for something, hasn't it?!"

Er, sorry. No.

You will need to check their message boards. They may have decided they deserved to go up before us.

WGPPBB (We Got Promoted, Promoted Before Brighton)

I wonder if:

WSHWSBW (We Signed Him, We Signed Ben White)

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
My other memory of that game was one of our players being barged into the crowd behind our goal and a disabled fan's helper jumped up and tried to attack him.

Yes surprised nobody has mentioned that so far. It was Hunemeier.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Remember being shocked at the time but not surprised. it was Leeds after all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Remember being shocked at the time but not surprised. it was Leeds after all.

I remember a photo of the gentleman in question being posted on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You will need to check their message boards. They may have decided they deserved to go up before us.

WGPPBB (We Got Promoted, Promoted Before Brighton)

I wonder if:

WSHWSBW (We Signed Him, We Signed Ben White)

They've also been boasting that their Championship winning stats were the best for ages, but the win, draw, loss ratio was identical to ours in 2016/17.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They've got to him

Bold is now in the pocket of 'Big Leeds' and is to be treated as a hostile witness.

It's always the most surprising that go first.

oi! don't take the pish. we have to stick together in times like these, with the tyke barbarians at the gates, engulfing us with a tidal wave of wishful thinking, delusional insanity and bullshit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My other memory of that game was one of our players being barged into the crowd behind our goal and a disabled fan's helper jumped up and tried to attack him.

I remember a photo of the gentleman in question being posted on here.

[tweet]843198742354411520[/tweet]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:ffsparr: He hadn't played in the championship and Webster had. It has been a long and careful development by the club. They know what they are doing.
Not according to the Millions of Leeds supporters who saw him play and know that Lord God Bielsa took a Conference level clogger and within the first month had created the new V V D. Brighton apparently had no part in his development whatsoever. Such is the mindset of Strong of arm and Thick in't 'ead folk. It is a losing battle, somewhat akin to trying to nail blancmange to the side of a ship.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It was 20k yesterday, now it's 30k. By next week they'll be building a new 250k stadium to fit all the Leeds glory seekers in.

Then when they go down, there'll be 12,000 rattling around in it in an MK Don's style.

They are good entertainment though it must be said.

We should probably let them have their moment. They've been irrelevant for so long to anyone outside of Yorkshire...it's like the miners that were trapped for weeks and weeks - let them enjoy the sun then take them off to be checked by doctors, as they've probably gone a bit loopy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That makes it sound like we meandered through the summer without a manager. Potter was appointed on 20th May, just eight days after our final match of the season.

So the players all went off on their holibobs, and basically Potter had to wait until the start of pre-season before he started running the ruler over the squad and youth set up. White was already gone before the start of pre-season. We pretty much know he looked at Alzate and Connolly and said they're not going anywhere. No meandering.

White was the first loan we agreed and he was a Leeds player by 01 July. Ostigard didn't go until 18 July, Gyökeres 25 July, Clarke 02 Aug. Supposition on my part, but think the White deal was down without GP having much of a say, otherwise you surely would have waited a few weeks into pre-season and seen a friendly or 2 and let him have a look? Or as [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] says, around the week of signing his contract GP said to the club loan BW out but keep all the rest for pre-season as he wants a look at them all...

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Wow. Best clickbait ever: ‘Phillips makes huge Ben White transfer claim’.

I read the whole thing thinking it was Kalvin Philips of Leeds! In my defence it’s 7am here in New York and I haven’t had a coffee.

It’s actually Kevin Phillips who has never played or coached for Leeds or Brighton, and I’m not sure why they made an article?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...phillips-makes-huge-ben-white-transfer-claim/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I read the whole thing thinking it was Kalvin Philips of Leeds! In my defence it’s 7am here in New York and I haven’t had a coffee.

It’s actually Kevin Phillips who has never played or coached for Leeds or Brighton, and I’m not sure why they made an article?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...phillips-makes-huge-ben-white-transfer-claim/

Can't argue with that though.

I mean, its not like there is zero additional information or insight of any kind. Or that they may as well just have asked a random person to write an opinion based on reading the internet.

No, he's been 'reading between the lines' so you so have to respect what he says.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Another ex footballer trying to make a name for himself. I find it insulting that all these ex footballers are disrespectful to Brighton. Hopefully it White stays he will be asked to explain why he stayed at Brighton, and hopefully he has to come down here as a co commentator on tv.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Welcome to last week! That guff was debated many pages ago!

Edit: actually it's new, another week another Kevin phillips rant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
oi! don't take the pish. we have to stick together in times like these, with the tyke barbarians at the gates, engulfing us with a tidal wave of wishful thinking, delusional insanity and bullshit

Point of order. Tykes are from Barnsley. Leeds are loiners.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
FB_IMG_1597819102994.jpg

6 years ago when we played huge Leeds. Blurry but it was a FB posting.

Just saying that fans can't be bothered when times are not good.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was just looking this up:

2012/13
Brighton: 26,373
Leeds: 21,572

2013/14
B: 27,283
L: 25,088

2014/15
B: 25,644
L: 24,051

2015/16
B: 25,653
L: 22,446

2016/17
B: 27,995
L: 27,684

Interestingly, the last couple of seasons, Leeds attendances had a noticeable spike. Can't think why though :shrug:

2017/18
L: 31,524

2018/19
L: 34,128

2019/20
L: 35,321

Data from : https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

Oh dear, this is poor.

What you have obviously forgotten, is that each Dirty Leeds supporter is worth 2 of anybody else’s, and our support, being either Chelsea fans really, Nancy boys, or JCLs or all 3, are only worth half of every other teams.
Their one supporter, should be counted as 4 of us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh dear, this is poor.

What you have obviously forgotten, is that each Dirty Leeds supporter is worth 2 of anybody else’s, and our support, being either Chelsea fans really, Nancy boys, or JCLs or all 3, are only worth half of every other teams.
Their one supporter, should be counted as 4 of us.

One of those Leeds chaps earlier said that their fans turned up each week and spend their hard earned.

This maybe the difference.

We only turn up once a fortnight.

Proper fans at Proper clubs go to games even when there isn't one on. Its a real revenue raiser.

@pagingpaulbarber

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
We should probably let them have their moment. They've been irrelevant for so long to anyone outside of Yorkshire...it's like the miners that were trapped for weeks and weeks - let them enjoy the sun then take them off to be checked by doctors, as they've probably gone a bit loopy.

Irrelevant you say?

FireShot Capture 392 - Football - BBC Sport - www.bbc.co.uk.png

FireShot Capture 404 - Latest Sports News - results, live scores, fixtures - The Sun_ - www.thes.png

FireShot Capture 398 - BT Sport - The Heart of Sport - BT Sport - www.bt.com.png

FireShot Capture 395 - Football - BBC Sport - www.bbc.co.uk.png

FireShot Capture 401 - (6) BT Sport - Facebook - www.facebook.com.png

Did someone at the BBC forget about the massive A23 derby...oh no hold on, nobody outside of Sussex cares!

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 407 - Premier League 2020-21 fixtures announced_ Liverpool to face Leeds in_ - .png
    FireShot Capture 407 - Premier League 2020-21 fixtures announced_ Liverpool to face Leeds in_ - .png
    104.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm guessing something is going on behind the scenes today? No outright rejection yet as before. I would've thought the club may have said no way already unless maybe player/agent are involved. It could also be a ruse for better Brighton contract. But the silence is now deafening.

Of course this pure speculation, with no actual basis or source, will be construed as fact by Leeds fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here