[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Irrelevant you say?

View attachment 127405

View attachment 127406

View attachment 127407

View attachment 127408

View attachment 127409

Did someone at the BBC forget about the massive A23 derby...oh no hold on, nobody outside of Sussex cares!

The neediest fan base on the planet.... Just think when you play Man Utd, it is not even in their top 2 games...Imagine having rivals that don't consider you their rivals!

Maybe you will draw Harrogate or Bradford in the cup though!

You lot really are pathetic...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The neediest fan base on the planet.... Just think when you play Man Utd, it is not even in their top 2 games...Imagine having rivals that don't consider you their rivals!

The sun articles are all about the potential manager for the season (has he signed yet?)

Bielsa is the draw and the fascination, without him they go back to being irrelevant.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm guessing something is going on behind the scenes today? No outright rejection yet as before. I would've thought the club may have said no way already unless maybe player/agent are involved. It could also be a ruse for better Brighton contract. But the silence is now deafening.

Of course this pure speculation, with no actual basis or source, will be construed as fact by Leeds fans.

Or.we.have just decided that we.have already made clear he is not for sale.so no need to comment further. As far as I know we as a club didnt originally comment on the previous rejections

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm guessing something is going on behind the scenes today? No outright rejection yet as before. I would've thought the club may have said no way already unless maybe player/agent are involved. It could also be a ruse for better Brighton contract. But the silence is now deafening.

Of course this pure speculation, with no actual basis or source, will be construed as fact by Leeds fans.
The fact that we've said quite clearly 'he's not for sale' will answer the bid. Why should we go to the press about it?
I'd just not return the call, and so waste another day or two of Leeds pre season while they fiddle around trying to bring in a CB worthy of playing long side Liam Cooper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The sun articles are all about the potential manager for the season (has he signed yet?)

Bielsa is the draw and the fascination, without him they go back to being irrelevant.

Nah, the truth is, they ARE an (historically) 'big' club. They have a worldwide armchair fan-base, and will undeniably attract a lot of media attention. I think all of that is fair enough. Where it all falls down, is the weird delusion that any of that stuff counts in some way on the pitch :shrug:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Or.we.have just decided that we.have already made clear he is not for sale.so no need to comment further. As far as I know we as a club didnt originally comment on the previous rejections

Well somehow the rejections made it into mainstream media. Now 18 hours after bid, there's nothing. I think the club, being professional would discuss it with White/agent and respond. I can't imagine them just ignoring it.

You could of course be right, and Bloom can flatly refuse. But as mentioned, the silence is deafening and I wouldn't be surprised if there are manouvers of some sort being made today.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Irrelevant you say?

You've literally made my point for me :lolol: this is your moment in the limelight as you've been irrelevant for so long. Do you need everything explained as well? Or perhaps your food cut up for you?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Irrelevant you say?

View attachment 127405

View attachment 127406

View attachment 127407

View attachment 127408

View attachment 127409

Did someone at the BBC forget about the massive A23 derby...oh no hold on, nobody outside of Sussex cares!

It's *almost* at as if they needed an angle and the whole 'Champions v Champions' shite was the one they went with!

Also, what's all this [manager] v [manager] shite? It's one football club versus another. Chances are when some of those fixtures come around, the managers won't even be in their jobs still!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Nah, the truth is, they ARE an (historically) 'big' club. They have a worldwide armchair fan-base, and will undeniably attract a lot of media attention. I think all of that is fair enough. Where it all falls down, is the weird delusion that any of that stuff counts in some way on the pitch :shrug:

Spot on. They also have the Maverick Bielsa in charge. In fairness the first game match up between Klopp's Liverpool and Bielsa's Leeds is an interesting one.
Thing is, the 38 game season for teams is not about the excitement of the first game, its about the slog of playing 19 other teams twice who can, on their day, all be very capable sides.
Also, all the talk of Bielsa amuses me. In the end it's what his 11 players on the pitch do and at present they have one CB, a certain Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford up front and Luke Ayling as full back. I doubt Liverpool are sh@tting it quite yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact that we've said quite clearly 'he's not for sale' will answer the bid. Why should we go to the press about it?
I'd just not return the call, and so waste another day or two of Leeds pre season while they fiddle around trying to bring in a CB worthy of playing long side Liam Cooper.

Indeed. Let them waste as much valuable recruitment time as possible.

They currently have ONE fit senior central defender, in Liam Cooper (they have Berardi, but he's injured) to cope with Salah, Mane and Firmino in three weeks' time.

To put that in perspective, we currently have at least SIX centre backs to choose from, who are all better than their one!

Dunk
Webster
White
Duffy
Veltman
Clarke

And I'm probably doing Burn and Ostigaard a disservice...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well somehow the rejections made it into mainstream media. Now 18 hours after bid, there's nothing. I think the club, being professional would discuss it with White/agent and respond. I can't imagine them just ignoring it.

You could of course be right, and Bloom can flatly refuse. But as mentioned, the silence is deafening and I wouldn't be surprised if there are manouvers of some sort being made today.

I agree.

I think the club are about to release a sort of ‘We received the final bid from Leeds Utd and Ben White will not be going there, whatever happens, he is not for sale’.
official statement to put an end to all this speculation and let Ben concentrate on pre-season with us rather than having all this LurkerLeeds social media nonsense surrounding him for the rest of the summer.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Indeed. Let them waste as much valuable recruitment time as possible.

They currently have ONE fit senior central defender, in Liam Cooper (they have Berardi, but he's injured) to cope with Salah, Mane and Firmino in three weeks' time.

To put that in perspective, we currently have at least SIX centre backs to choose from, who are all better than their one!

Dunk
Webster
White
Duffy
Veltman
Clarke

Put into perspective there!

They should really try to sign a centre back.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Spot on. They also have the Maverick Bielsa in charge. In fairness the first game match up between Klopp's Liverpool and Bielsa's Leeds is an interesting one.
Thing is, the 38 game season for teams is not about the excitement of the first game, its about the slog of playing 19 other teams twice who can, on their day, all be very capable sides.
Also, all the talk of Bielsa amuses me. In the end it's what his 11 players on the pitch do and at present they have one CB, a certain Liam Cooper, Patrick Bamford up front and Luke Ayling as full back. I doubt Liverpool are sh@tting it quite yet.

I wouldn't mind Liverpool away first game. Best chance you'll get before they get into gear.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I agree.

I think the club are about to release a sort of ‘We received the final bid from Leeds Utd and Ben White will not be going there, whatever happens, he is not for sale’.
official statement to put an end to all this speculation and let Ben concentrate on pre-season with us rather than having all this LurkerLeeds social media nonsense surrounding him for the rest of the summer.

“We will categorically not be selling Ben white to Leeds under any circumstances”. That would do it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I agree.

Hunch or source?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

Roberts (18) and O’Hora (21) are also very highly rated and would probably be on the teamsheet before Cooper despite their age.

Then there is Romanian International Băluță who is arguably as good at passing and attacking play as Ben White is and has the qualities to slot in at the back.

Christ - Leeds are years and years behind us on player development aren’t they!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i bow to you greater wisdom tb, (and i thought i was being clever). sincere apologies to you, and any yorkshire mung beans who may take offence. once again, sorry

I'm not offended in any way, No need for apologies. :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Roberts (18) and O’Hora (21) are also very highly rated and would probably be on the teamsheet before Cooper despite their age.

Then there is Romanian International Băluță who is arguably as good as passing and attacking play as Ben White and has the qualities to slot in at the back.

Christ - Leeds are years and years behind us on player development aren’t they!

Ahead. Leeds are ahead of us. Obvs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports