[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He wouldn't have to dislodge Dunk or Webster if we play 3 at the back.

Sure, IF we revert to that system... tad harsh on the superb Dan Burn, who is awesome in a back three. Indeed, he’d have to dislodge DB too... he’s fourth pick at best, Duffy too remains our player... he was pretty ****ing awesome in the championship remember!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
For what it’s worth, which is not a lot in this situation ...

We no longer sell to rivals, he won’t be going to Leeds

Leeds can’t afford what Tony will think Ben is worth, but might do a dance to keep their fans happy

Leeds are not a bigger club than us, not now

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What grinds my gears here is this: in another thread people are seemingly willing to sell our captain and best defender (for around a decade), already an England player (ahem), under a long term contract for around £40 million... yet, Ben (costacurta) White is a guaranteed England legend, worth £50 million plus (today) ... seriously, wtf are people smoking? Dunk, lest we forget is at his physical peak.

I think his, likely stance, says more about the players we already have rather than the ‘size’ of Leeds... he’s a guaranteed starter for them, but he’s going to have to dislodge Dunky (hmmmm no chance) and a resurgent Webster... is he up for the fight? The rumours suggest maybe not...

He’s had one superb season in a shit championship, sure he could be (as Leeds reckon) the second coming BUT maybe, just maybe 16 seasons of relative shite have made him look better than he is?!?

Like I say, IF.he wants out, £30 million would be a tidy sum.

the 40mill dunk / 50mill white may well be different people.

how much are they worth if maguire is 80 and ake is forty?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For what it’s worth, which is not a lot in this situation ...

We no longer sell to rivals, he won’t be going to Leeds

Leeds can’t afford what Tony will think Ben is worth, but might do a dance to keep their fans happy

Leeds are not a bigger club than us, not now

Whilst the sentiment is nice, and yes we are a bigger club than we’ve probably ever been... I just can’t agree that as a young pro, you wouldn’t have your head turned by the history and legacy of a club like Leeds. The aura of Elland Road is a dominating spectre, it’s undeniable. He’s been walking down tunnels adorned with images of title winning glory, England legends, cup exploits and all of it... I can see why that would feed into a narrative where I’ve been revered as a revelation, adored by the supporters my team mates and most importantly a near legendary coach.

Alternatively he can come back and try to dislodge three of our best players from GPs debut season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Whilst the sentiment is nice, and yes we are a bigger club than we’ve probably ever been... I just can’t agree that as a young pro, you wouldn’t have your head turned by the history and legacy of a club like Leeds. The aura of Elland Road is a dominating spectre, it’s undeniable. He’s been walking down tunnels adorned with images of title winning glory, England legends, cup exploits and all of it... I can see why that would feed into a narrative where I’ve been revered as a revelation, adored by the supporters my team mates and most importantly a near legendary coach.

Alternatively he can come back and try to dislodge three of our best players from GPs debut season.

Leeds have done nothing for about two decades. Rest of your post is meh. All in the past. Football goes through changes all the time.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
the 40mill dunk / 50mill white may well be different people.

how much are they worth if maguire is 80 and ake is forty?

Very true... I value Dunk hugely, sentiment aside, in a good team he’d be absolutely outstanding... he need to defend less and play more, which he can do in his sleep. He’s a 100 million defender and we’re blessed to have him, as simple as that.

White on the other hand has it ALL to prove... the pressure he’s going to be under after this pantomime... I wish him luck. He’s not fit (right now) to clean Dunks boots. I don’t like the rejected contract angle... Not one little bit.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I don’t understand this obsession with some fans about being a big club.

What the hell does that even mean? Historical success? Large fanbase? Surely all that actually matters is what you’re current division is and how well you are doing in it right now?

There are plenty of “big clubs” languishing in lower divisions, what is it that entitles them to be in the Premier League “where they belong?” - surely how they do on the pitch RIGHT NOW is what counts not what they did 10,20,30 years ago?

And those opposition fans who are posting about how good it would be to have the likes of Sunderland, Forest, Sheff Wed in the Premier League at the expense of Burnley and Brighton for example... why? Any team in the Premier League have earned it, not because they are a big club, but because they won games on the pitch.

So why would a player decide to go to a perceived “big club” over a current successful club - if everything else was equal (wages etc) - they just wouldn’t, unless the club was a big club AND currently successful of course.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Leeds have done nothing for about two decades. Rest of your post is meh. All in the past. Football goes through changes all the time.

Nah, I would want to rekindle that legend... that’s what I think is being sold here... the dream of the past made reality... very hard for a young man to ignore the lure.

But sure, he can be a big player here too no doubt. I just don’t see it happening.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Very true... I value Dunk hugely, sentiment aside, in a good team he’d be absolutely outstanding... he need to defend less and play more, which he can do in his sleep. He’s a 100 million defender and we’re blessed to have him, as simple as that.

White on the other hand has it ALL to prove... the pressure he’s going to be under after this pantomime... I wish him luck. He’s not fit (right now) to clean Dunks boots. I don’t like the rejected contract angle... Not one little bit.

do we know that bit's true? and who accepts the first offer?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Are you sure you are supporting the right club? you seem like a young girl who just seen Jason Donovan when u mention Leeds,

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If you asked a neutral who's the bigger club Brighton or Leeds

Not many would say us

Does any plater give a shit? What players primarily care about is who will pay them the most. Leeds aren’t in a position to be able to pay anymore than us.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Erm let's think

A team that has won the league, FA Cup and appeared in a European Cup Final in recent memory

Or ?

Let's not embarrass ourselves
They don't care about that shit though, especially those in their 20s. There are now 2 generations that have gone by not seeing leeds win anything.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports