Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You did say it would be a lot harder for him to get a game in our loser, no history team.

This seems to be a recurring contradiction from the The Leeds fans: White wouldn’t want to stay at BHA because we’re relegation fodder and Leeds are top-half material. He also wouldn’t to stay because he’d be 3rd choice in our supposed weaker side whereas he’d be a starter for them.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well, I'm really, really hoping BW ends up going to Liverpool because:

1 we don't need him
2 it would put Leeds supporters noses out of joint
3 if he went to Leeds, I would naturally be wishing he does badly, which isn't kind
4 it would be a huge endorsement for our academy
5 quids in

Best solution all round I reckon, and it would put this tedious thread to bed.

And we’d hVe first dibs on their loans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This turning down 2 contract offers thing,
Where did this rumour come from?
We wouldn’t leak it, it’s not in our interest, we don’t leak stuff, 3 staff members were sacked last year for leaking transfer info on social media.
Leeds wouldn’t know about it, and, it wouldn’t be in their interest to piss off the club, if they did.
The player and his agent can’t afford to upset the club either, we hold all the cards, if young Ben wants to leave, he has to work with the club who holds his present 3 year contract,rock the boat too much , he plays for the stiffs for 3 years, at the end of which, football will have forgotten Ben White.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't understand

Are you saying Brighton have achieved as much as Leeds?
Im saying what we have won is just as relevant as they have won lately, which is **** all. Football fans need to stop living in the past. Players and younger fans don't give a **** about what a team won in the 70s, they care about what they've won now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

What grinds my gears here is this: in another thread people are seemingly willing to sell our captain and best defender (for around a decade), already an England player (ahem), under a long term contract for around £40 million... yet, Ben (costacurta) White is a guaranteed England legend, worth £50 million plus (today) ... seriously, wtf are people smoking? Dunk, lest we forget is at his physical peak.

I think his, likely stance, says more about the players we already have rather than the ‘size’ of Leeds... he’s a guaranteed starter for them, but he’s going to have to dislodge Dunky (hmmmm no chance) and a resurgent Webster... is he up for the fight? The rumours suggest maybe not...

He’s had one superb season in a shit championship, sure he could be (as Leeds reckon) the second coming BUT maybe, just maybe 16 seasons of relative shite have made him look better than he is?!?

Like I say, IF.he wants out, £30 million would be a tidy sum.

This is business. You’re looking at one aspect of the asset, current ability. If that’s all you’re judging you are 100% correct, Dunk wins hands down and would be worth more.

But it’s the whole package. Dunky is 28 years old, so whoever buys him now, whilst they get a fantastic player, there will be little to no re-sale value. Also he has peaked both as a footballer and as an asset.

Ben White currently has no ceiling on both his ability as a footballer and his value in the market. And barring any freak career injuries, he has terrific re-sale value. To summarise!

- club buys Dunk for £45m, towards the end of his contract his value will only decrease, they’ll do well to recoup 10% of their outlay.

- club buys Ben White for £45m, his career proceeds as expected, gets called up and becomes a fixture in the England squad, in 3 years time he’ll be 25 and the club will most likely have a great chance of recouping the entire fee, or even more likely selling for a huge profit should there be a flurry of big clubs interested.

Simple economics.

Last edited:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Let's be honest the #freebenwhite thing on twitter is a stroke of genius by what ever Leeds fan thought of it but will last a few hours top.
But we have a price that we consider he is worth and if Leeds can't match that then he won't be going there........

Bielsa seems to be taking his time on signing which should be a bigger concern to them.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This turning down 2 contract offers thing,
Where did this rumour come from?
We wouldn’t leak it, it’s not in our interest, we don’t leak stuff, 3 staff members were sacked last year for leaking transfer info on social media.
Leeds wouldn’t know about it, and, it wouldn’t be in their interest to piss off the club, if they did.
The player and his agent can’t afford to upset the club either, we hold all the cards, if young Ben wants to leave, he has to work with the club who holds his present 3 year contract,rock the boat too much , he plays for the stiffs for 3 years, at the end of which, football will have forgotten Ben White.

Well yes, it will definitely not be us that's leaked.

Leeds have a motivation to do so. They've bid what their fans have gone on record as his worth. If they don't get him, they've shown that they have done their bit and it's uppity little Brighton the fans can vent their fury at

White and his representatives also have a clear motivation. A bidding war drives up his salary, whether that be with us or any other club he goes to

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Im saying what we have won is just as relevant as they have won lately, which is **** all. Football fans need to stop living in the past. Players and younger fans don't give a **** about what a team won in the 70s, they care about what they've won now.

You do know Leeds won the league in the 90's

Imagine if we had,we'd be bigger than Juventus :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It’s a simple step hypothesis, acoording to sky we’ve offered two new deals... these will not be derisory, yet they have reportedly been turned down. Leeds are bidding, I suspect with his and his agents blessing... he will not be being guaranteed first pick, and quite rightly so... yet at Leeds, he’ll be being promised the world and more.

Thus I propose he has made his decision.

Personally I HATE the idea of keeping a player who doesn’t want to stay.

Dale Stephens pt 2.

Let White put in a formal transfer request, and still if it doesnt suit our club, tough shit. You wanted a club when Stains kicked you out, you wanted the security of the last contract when it was offered and took that security, you wanted a managed path to the top but now you dont want it?

To bad, quid pro quo. You're staying unless and until Bloom wants to sell, and if he doesnt want to sell to a rival in the lower half mini league, too bad also. Should of thought of that before signing. If any of this speculation is true, and it may well not be, I'm sure he will soon drop into line once the window closes.

Hold the nerve and tell Leeds to bugger off, unless it suits the Albion.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t understand this obsession with some fans about being a big club.

What the hell does that even mean? Historical success? Large fanbase? Surely all that actually matters is what you’re current division is and how well you are doing in it right now?

There are plenty of “big clubs” languishing in lower divisions, what is it that entitles them to be in the Premier League “where they belong?” - surely how they do on the pitch RIGHT NOW is what counts not what they did 10,20,30 years ago?

And those opposition fans who are posting about how good it would be to have the likes of Sunderland, Forest, Sheff Wed in the Premier League at the expense of Burnley and Brighton for example... why? Any team in the Premier League have earned it, not because they are a big club, but because they won games on the pitch.

So why would a player decide to go to a perceived “big club” over a current successful club - if everything else was equal (wages etc) - they just wouldn’t, unless the club was a big club AND currently successful of course.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Thank you exactly. Some folk live in the past too much. We’ve had our past, but we’re a new club on the up really, certainly in the modern era.

Those here getting all misty eyed about what a big club Leeds are. Technically: Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston, Forest are all bigger clubs then us....

But in the past only. Look at them now. Not anymore.

Albion fans, don’t be so down and defeatist on our club. It’s actually quite depressing how a few here tonight have metaphorically bent over at the mere mention of Leeds.

Think bigger picture.

We are a bigger club now. We are going places. Look at how Leeds are falling over themselves to get our u23 player. It’s testament to how ahead we are.

And we have the best chairman in the league.

Leeds will be lucky to be as well run a club as we are.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hence why it would be equal

Let’s not make ourselves look silly here, despite their lack of success in the last 2 or 3 decades Leeds United have a huge fan base, we’re still a newcomer in the global football market. Their stadium might be old, their squad might be crap and their fans are definitely dick heads, but despite all of that they will almost always be a bigger club than us, and that is absolutely fine with me. The funny thing is that when you support one of these former greats you seem to be in constant misery as you’re forever longing to return to former glories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here