Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

30 mil for an unproven player with one season in the championship I doubt they’ll bid that high mate

We paid £20m and they’ve got Champs League funding and we weren’t buying the best player in an auto promoted team

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, I'm really, really hoping BW ends up going to Liverpool because:

1 we don't need him
2 it would put Leeds supporters noses out of joint
3 if he went to Leeds, I would naturally be wishing he does badly, which isn't kind
4 it would be a huge endorsement for our academy
5 quids in

Best solution all round I reckon, and it would put this tedious thread to bed.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
FFS. Since he has left Leeds Utd, he appears to only have tweeted about his goal of the month award. Come on man - have some common sense!

This. I just looked at his twatter and thats literally all it is since 20 July. And he won GOTM award.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I think it’s probably right to lay out some FACTS, actual quotes and or definitive actions. Ie not heresay.

1. Graham Potter was utterly adamant a few weeks ago that he was looking forward to working with BW and that he’d scouted him whilst at Swansea https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1238875403726532608

2. Dan Ashworth said similarly at the start of the season, paraphrasing (the plan has always been for him to go out on loan and come back to us and play in the first team). “A talent who once back we’re looking to keep here for a number of years” https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/spo...ricky-contract-situation-leeds-united-2848151

3. Ben White himself. There’s a few here who have conjured the scenario that “he wants out”, and or “he’s had his head turned”, but with no facts. How’s this for a fact, BW has not put in a transfer request. If he was desperate to leave do you not think that’d be the easiest way to get things going?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All that’s happening now is that Leeds are putting in offers to see if they can capture him, so that when we reject them they have time to move on to get someone else in for pre season.
We’ve given them no suggestion that we will sell but I’m sure that Leeds want to appease their fans that they did go in for him. I would expect one more bid of £25m which we reject and that they then move on.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

1 we don't need him
3 if he went to Leeds, I would naturally be wishing he does badly, which isn't kind
5 quids in

I want White to play for the team I support, do well, play for England and in five years time sell him to Real Madrid for £100m.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

1 we don't need him
5 quids in

I have a genius thought. If this thread bothers you... you could not read it?

Crazy idea I know.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
All that’s happening now is that Leeds are putting in offers to see if they can capture him, so that when we reject them they have time to move on to get someone else in for pre season.
We’ve given them no suggestion that we will sell but I’m sure that Leeds want to appease their fans that they did go in for him. I would expect one more bid of £25m which we reject and that they then move on.

Exactly. We are hardly likely to sell him for a similar price to the one we paid for Webster a year ago. Leeds would have to bid way in excess of current levels. If they do, then sell. I am not against selling academy products as that is a part of the business plan. I trust Tony’s enjoyment of a game of poker and think there is next to no chance he would lose in a game with those spivs from leeds.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m sure that Leeds want to appease their fans that they did go in for him. I would expect one more bid of £25m which we reject and that they then move on.

Leeds Utd are doing the right thing for their fans who are desperate to see this wonderplayer turn up for the whites again.

As a club, it is their duty to be SEEN to do everything they can to try and capture Ben.

They won’t.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leeds fan on Twitter started that rumour and now it’s become gospel.

It’s actually quite scary and shows you how easily one can spread false information to the public.

What’s more likely 1) Leeds fans trying to drum up interest and support their case or 2) Brighton and/or White go public with contract rejections?

That’s what I suspected, but I thought it was worth checking seeing as it seems to have proliferated on NSC as well.

Social media can be very powerful at turning rumour into fact if stuff is retweeted and shared enough. Once chatted to a bloke who worked at a social me called 65twenty, who run a number of we’ll known twitter accounts. He did a 30min presentation to potential clients where at the start they’d tweet a made-up transfer rumour and their network of accounts would react and retweet. By the end of the presentation, they had national newspapers’ accounts tweeting the rumour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leeds fans are such nobheads, I'll be really annoyed if we sell to them. I didn't particularly dislike them before this episode, but what a bunch of bellends they have been

Don’t be annoyed; it’s win:win. If we sell, we get an extra 30m+ in the transfer kitty for a player we won’t miss. It really is a great position to be in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You don’t think we are as passionate as Leeds fans???

Please expound on this. I’m genuinely baffled?

Have you ever seen a man walking around Sussex on his own shouting “SUSSEX, SUSSEX, SUSSEX” at passers by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
According to that post he didn’t actually say it, just Leeds fans reading between the lines.

Yeah I listened to the bit of the podcast referenced in the tweet and didn't hear it said.

Phil Hay's Athletic article also doesn't mentioned it.

So I think it's Sky just reporting twitter nonsense..

Even if it were true.. why would he sign a new deal now, knowing a club is in for him? Surely his agent would play the two clubs off against each other should an acceptable bid be made?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If he is gone by next weekend that I for one would be happy. No point in tying a player to a contract he doesn't want to be in. And Leeds will have offered something TB considers fair.

Likewise, if he starts for us in Sept, I will be happy because it will show he is committed to being here and being part of the next push.

Win-win in that regard. The only downside is if too many people have been blowing smoke up his arse and telling him he's a God and actually he can't step up to the pace of the PL immediately. Will wipe out any confidence he has and potentially kill his career.

The ones blowing smoke up his arse are Leeds and each time they do it his price goes up ....not very bright really are they.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
White won’t even consider a new contract until his valuation is established, and why should he?

On a personal level this works very well for him and he doesn’t have to do anything.

He has a 2 (maybe 3) year contract, is HGP and has performed well and comfortable on the ball. I think 35m up front or a structured deal of £40+ will see ya accept.

I would rather it wasn’t Leeds and I don’t see him going there as they haven’t got the funds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here