Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m amazed anyone thinks he’s worth more than 30 million based on a season flat track bullying Luton Town et al in a broken and uncompetitive championship.

Hey ho... 50 million it is.

Madness.

He's under contract for at least 2, possibly 3 years, and we have no need to sell. His value is therefore what we anticipate he will be worth in a couple of years.

I'm no expert in talent spotting, but from reports it seems the kid has a very high ceiling. So who knows what he will be worth in 2022?

Even £50m may be undervaluing him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I’m amazed anyone thinks he’s worth more than 30 million based on a season flat track bullying Luton Town et al in a broken and uncompetitive championship.

Hey ho... 50 million it is.

Madness.

That doesn’t matter. It’s not our job to give good market value and we also have the right to reject an offer.

Your house isn’t worth more than 300k. So by your logic I’ll put in an offer for that and expect the keys next week, thanks.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

Exactly.

Maguire went to Leicester for £12m at 24yrs old three years ago. We all know what happened next.

If we are going to sell at some point (perhaps 4/5 years time when or if he becomes World Class), it would be to one of about 1/2 dozen top clubs in Europe for potentially more than Maguire. Leeds Utd ain’t one of them and never ever will be.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's under contract for at least 2, possibly 3 years, and we have no need to sell. His value is therefore what we anticipate he will be worth in a couple of years.

I'm no expert in talent spotting, but from reports it seems the kid has a very high ceiling. So who knows what he will be worth in 2022?

Exactly. I’m relieved to see others see this.

Honestly, some of you lot, you’re all great as you’re Albion fans and I’d happily have a pint with you.. but my word I’d never go into business with some here [emoji1787]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So, so bored of this story already.

Keep him and play him or get big money for him, genuinely couldn’t give a toss either way. He’s never really played for us so have no real affinity to him and we have plenty of talented centre backs already.

Just wish we’d get on with whatever we’re doing and move on to more important matters like signing a striker, centre mid and left back/wingback

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
bloom will certainly turn down 30mill.

it's all just horse trading, it's what happens when you have sort after players

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So, so bored of this story already.

Keep him and play him or get big money for him, genuinely couldn’t give a toss either way. He’s never really played for us so have no real affinity to him and we have plenty of talented centre backs already.

Just wish we’d get on with whatever we’re doing and move on to more important matters like signing a striker, centre mid and left back/wingback

he may well be the cm

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Two things: Do we really have a further one year option, effectively making him tied to a 3 year contact? Where does the report of him having turned down two new deals come from?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Two things: Do we really have a further one year option, effectively making him tied to a 3 year contact? Where does the report of him having turned down two new deals come from?

Leeds fan on Twitter started that rumour and now it’s become gospel.

It’s actually quite scary and shows you how easily one can spread false information to the public.

What’s more likely 1) Leeds fans trying to drum up interest and support their case or 2) Brighton and/or White go public with contract rejections?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Looks like he doesn’t want to stay at Brighton, if you look at his twitter it’s all Leeds related that he retweets , nothing BHA.

Clearly he thinks he can earn better money elsewhere . Interesting that Skybet now have Liverpool as the new favs to sign him ahead of Leeds .

I guess we would rather sell to Liverpool than a direct rival that Leeds will be next season . I guess something around £26-30m will do it and I’m sure White would be very pleased to go to Liverpool , what young player wouldn’t !

An extra £25m extra on our transfer budget as long as we keep dunk is not a bad thing !

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not sure which is the more desperately sad - Leeds fans creating stories about rejected contract offers giving them false hope that somehow makes it into mainstream media reporting, or Albion fans still stuck in the theatre of trees thinking we’re going to get out-manoeuvred by the mighty Leeds United :lolol:

For such a non-story (to anybody of sound mind) this has become enjoyable watching the squirming (and squirming to come) on both counts

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is exactly what TB wanted from the academy. Players with big sell on that makes the club sustainable. Maybe even better if it’s from a player who has hardly spent any time on the pitch for us and unproven at this level.
But as a gambling man £30 million being mentioned seems to little. English players carry a premium at best of times. If stones went for 50 million all those years ago, maguire £70 million last summer then we are being short sighted if we cash in at earliest opportunity.
If he went this summer I would expect £30 million plus substantial add ons based on results and England caps ect as well as a hefty 25-30% sell on

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Looks like he doesn’t want to stay at Brighton, if you look at his twitter it’s all Leeds related that he retweets , nothing BHA.

Clearly he thinks he can earn better money elsewhere . Interesting that Skybet now have Liverpool as the new favs to sign him ahead of Leeds .

I guess we would rather sell to Liverpool than a direct rival that Leeds will be next season . I guess something around £26-30m will do it and I’m sure White would be very pleased to go to Liverpool , what young player wouldn’t !

An extra £25m extra on our transfer budget as long as we keep dunk is not a bad thing !

£25m? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

That would be a terrible deal.

And you’re reading into things like Leeds fans. He’s retweeted articles to do with his goal of the month and title celebrations. Nothing surprising there.

He has certainly been quite keen on Albion activity on Instagram.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

FFS. Since he has left Leeds Utd, he appears to only have tweeted about his goal of the month award. Come on man - have some common sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here