Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am really trying to follow the guidelines. Most days we don’t leave the house. Wife working from home and although classed as a key worker we are keeping our son at home. I am furlonged. So trying our hardest to keep safe for ourselves and others.

However needed supplies today so went to shore ham Tesco’s. staff excellent - cleaning trolleys, giving out sanitiser etc, but several customers were twats. One old guy on the phone in the meat isle, “it’s all good here, come down, I don’t really need to be here as I don’t need anything but it’s exercise isn’t it....” another **** with full mask etc milling around looking at garden stuff - if you are worried enough to wear protection, rush in -get food, go home etc etc

:rant::rant::rant::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We went down to our local parade of shops, to get a vew bits.
I waited outside, whilst my wife queued up to enter shops.
In true Jasper Carrott 'nutter on the bus' styleee, a local nut, with tits hanging on her and knees and wearing slippers, joins the line behind my wife and starts blaming the birds for Covid-19.
As I'm standing to the side, I have a great enjoyment in watching my wife have a conversation with the local nut.
Our family does seem to attract these types :wozza:

I also am similarly affected and attract nutters everywhere I go, the bloke in front of me asked what the lines on the floor in Asda car park are for

Me - to keep us 2m apart

Him - what's the point if I'm just breathing it in from the bloke in front?

Me - no idea mate, just following the advice

Him - it's all manmade anyway, do you know there is a patent for covid-19?

Me - why would someone be stupid enough to publicise they created this by having a patent?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tesco in Burgess Hill busy this morning................queue is a lap of half of the car park

tesco.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I also am similarly affected and attract nutters everywhere I go, the bloke in front of me asked what the lines on the floor in Asda car park are for

Me - to keep us 2m apart

Him - what's the point if I'm just breathing it in from the bloke in front?

Me - no idea mate, just following the advice

Him - it's all manmade anyway, do you know there is a patent for covid-19?

Me - why would someone be stupid enough to publicise they created this by having a patent?

Sounds like one of those lost Monty Python sketches:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tesco in Burgess Hill busy this morning................queue is a lap of half of the car park

View attachment 121727

Simple rule of thumb: bigger the store, bigger the queue. Plus all the associated RAGE. Better to shop small, local and (yes) often and just leave them all to it. For sure you may pay a little bit more, but your life will improve immeasurably in so many ways. You'll also be supporting your local community stores. It's a win-win Jeff

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Simple rule of thumb: bigger the store, bigger the queue. Plus all the associated RAGE. Better to shop small, local and (yes) often and just leave them all to it. For sure you may pay a little bit more, but your life will improve immeasurably in so many ways. You'll also be supporting your local community stores. It's a win-win Jeff

Yep.......limiting supermarket visits to about once every 10 days - local co-op has had most of what we've needed. I didn't take this photo thankfully :smile:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went for a bike ride this morning can this took be along Church Road and Western Road. I couldn't see what the queue was like outside Hove tescos, but I came along past palmeira sq, and that tescos had no queue, neither did the sainsbury across the road, then further along the coop had no queue, then further along Waitrose had a queue up and around the corner. That really struck me - just a short walk along there are queue-less stores selling pretty much everything you would need. I get Waitrose is a little bigger, but again, the other would still have most of what those in the queue needed.

Similarly along Lewes road the coop there had no queue when I passed it, but the queue in Sainsbury was so far back in the car park it was visible from the road outside.

Just saw this on twitter:
[tweet]1245827502657818624[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Went to the supermarket for the first time in a fortnight to replenish fresh food supplies.
They were well stocked with everything.
Staff members positioned strategically to guide people around the store correctly and to ensure distancing. A fair few people moaning at them because they couldn’t get round the way they wanted. One guy just trying to push past us as we queued and kept our distance, made a big fuss about “this is all just ridiculous”.
Exactly as I expected , every single one of the rude, belligerent ********s was of pension age.
They’ve done that “OAP’s hour “ thing, go one step further and restrict the stupid old buggers to that hour only.
Boomers. The “ME FIRST” generation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who the **** is getting bottled water delivered? Should be banned. Imagine the amount of diesel used ferrying water about.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Went to the supermarket for the first time in a fortnight to replenish fresh food supplies.
They were well stocked with everything.
Staff members positioned strategically to guide people around the store correctly and to ensure distancing. A fair few people moaning at them because they couldn’t get round the way they wanted. One guy just trying to push past us as we queued and kept our distance, made a big fuss about “this is all just ridiculous”.
Exactly as I expected , every single one of the rude, belligerent ********s was of pension age.
They’ve done that “OAP’s hour “ thing, go one step further and restrict the stupid old buggers to that hour only.
Boomers. The “ME FIRST” generation.

I'm surprised the supermarkets haven't installed a Stannah / Scalextric styleeee track around the aisles for the Oap hour.
All attendees with their trolleys on the track stopping at all stops veg and tin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm surprised the supermarkets haven't installed a Stannah / Scalextric styleeee track around the aisles for the Oap hour.
All attendees with their trolleys on the track stopping at all stops veg and tin.

I'd have a member of staff following each one, 2m behind and carrying a sharpened 2m pole to poke them with every time they stop. If they're not at the till after 50 mins they get evicted and banned. :smile:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People doing a full trolley shop and attempting to pay for it on the self scan tills. Annoying at the best of times as they can never go more than three items without a staff member having to come over and sort out their continuous **** ups, but even worse when you’re trying to distance and these wallys are causing the queue to back up to the deli counters.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I went for a bike ride this morning can this took be along Church Road and Western Road. I couldn't see what the queue was like outside Hove tescos, but I came along past palmeira sq, and that tescos had no queue, neither did the sainsbury across the road, then further along the coop had no queue, then further along Waitrose had a queue up and around the corner. That really struck me - just a short walk along there are queue-less stores selling pretty much everything you would need. I get Waitrose is a little bigger, but again, the other would still have most of what those in the queue needed.

]

You have to be winding me up, you have pluralised Tesco twice then called the other shop Sainsbury, :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You have to be winding me up, you have pluralised Tesco twice then called the other shop Sainsbury, :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I think I always call tesco 'tescos' it just feels more natural (and why so many people make that mistake). Sainsbury's I am inconsistent on, 'sainsbury', 'sainsburys' 'sainsbury's' all get used without rhyme or reason.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have just returned from a 5 hour shift in Tesco and am disappointed to report that there was no bellcheesery of any note. Other than the usual people taking a load of stuff out of the fridges, then deciding 5 minutes later that they don't want it anymore so they just dump it anywhere so that it then has to be thrown away, but that is not Covid-19 related stupidity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I spent nearly an hour on the phone earlier today ranting to a mate about how the English don't understand their own language. This trait used to drive a German I once knew mad. But this started me thinking. I have now formed the theory that we choose ambiguity deliberately, to confuse and annoy foreigners. Should of known. Anyway, the sooner Covid is decimated the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here