Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tonight’s clap is for all of them :

‘Tonight's Clap for our Carers event, which is scheduled for 8pm, will concentrate on healthcare workers, emergency services, armed services, delivery drivers, shop workers, teachers, waste collectors, manufacturers, postal workers, cleaners, vets, engineers, people who make gardens and communal areas of blocks of flats look lovely and 'all those who are out there making an unbelievable difference to our lives in these challenging times'.’

That reads better

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tesco Boundary Road* is full of bellends. Although, to be fair, I could have typed that at any point in the last 30 years.

*Yes, I know it's actually on Station Road

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Rich new seam of material here methinks, based on my first (and definitely last) trip to Saino's Local for a while

LEVEL 1 - General Bellcheeses

- Bellcheeses that appear to have no concept of 'one out, one in'. They'll happily stand outside there all day til somebody behind them in the queue gives them a prod
- Bellcheeses that, having achieved the nirvana of being allowed access to the store, apparently decide never to come out again

LEVEL 2 - Specific Bellcheeses

- Bellcheese in front of me in the checkout queue rocks up, buys a packet of chewing gum and chucks a fistful of lottery tickets on the counter. Each must be checked and verified. Except the lottery machine is bust. And there's only two operators allowed on the tills. And both spend at least five minutes fannying around with the ****'s essential lottery shopping needs while the queues build up both inside and outside. Sake! :angry:

And... RELAX :smokin:

Or... buy a TASER :guns:

I was a Level 1 BC a couple of days ago. I was too busy whatsapping to notice the guy inside beckoning me in

I didn't progress to Level 2

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Supermarket I use here seems fully stocked with everything. No restrictions that are not in place anyway ie face covering which is everywhere anyway (up to 20k fine for non compliance). Reading these stories is like some weird tv soap.

Herr Ing Gull

Sep 3, 2014
I think most of these reports of bellcheesery are from people who don't normally spend their time in supermarkets. It all sounds quite normal - apart from the 2m thing. My particular favourite is where someone thrusts their trolley with one hand towards one set of shelves whilst simultaneously bending down to take something from the opposite bottom shelf. Makes me laugh every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hang on...when did this open??????

Late this afternoon, I left work about 3:30 from Lancing joined the que to get in so about 4-4:15 give or take maybe 10 mins.
I did hear her say “I know there’s nothing you can do about it”

It was one of those conversations you get from the other half, when there is actually nothing you can do, but you have to vent your spleen to your nearest and dearest. I felt for her and her husband...

People around did not seem to care, some even mocked her, and sniggered, why do that....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Late this afternoon, I left work about 3:30 from Lancing joined the que to get in so about 4-4:15 give or take maybe 10 mins.
I did hear her say “I know there’s nothing you can do about it”

It was one of those conversations you get from the other half, when there is actually nothing you can do, but you have to vent your spleen to your nearest and dearest. I felt for her and her husband...

People around did not seem to care, some even mocked her, and sniggered, why do that....

I meant when did a Sainsbury’s open in Shoreham :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Was in Asda the other day. Trouble is it was so quiet without the usual murmur of shoppers, that you could hear the chat between the chavvy staff:

Crisps aisle: “Kez, did you cop off wiv that bloke on Satdi?”

And from the next aisle came the answer: “not totally but I gave him a blowy.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was in Asda the other day. Trouble is it was so quiet without the usual murmur of shoppers, that you could hear the chat between the chavvy staff:

Crisps aisle: “Kez, did you cop off wiv that bloke on Satdi?”

And from the next aisle came the answer: “not totally but I gave him a blowy.”

Super-spreader Kez.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I am really trying to follow the guidelines. Most days we don’t leave the house. Wife working from home and although classed as a key worker we are keeping our son at home. I am furlonged. So trying our hardest to keep safe for ourselves and others.

However needed supplies today so went to shore ham Tesco’s. staff excellent - cleaning trolleys, giving out sanitiser etc, but several customers were twats. One old guy on the phone in the meat isle, “it’s all good here, come down, I don’t really need to be here as I don’t need anything but it’s exercise isn’t it....” another **** with full mask etc milling around looking at garden stuff - if you are worried enough to wear protection, rush in -get food, go home etc etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am really trying to follow the guidelines. Most days we don’t leave the house. Wife working from home and although classed as a key worker we are keeping our son at home. I am furlonged. So trying our hardest to keep safe for ourselves and others.

However needed supplies today so went to shore ham Tesco’s. staff excellent - cleaning trolleys, giving out sanitiser etc, but several customers were twats. One old guy on the phone in the meat isle, “it’s all good here, come down, I don’t really need to be here as I don’t need anything but it’s exercise isn’t it....” another **** with full mask etc milling around looking at garden stuff - if you are worried enough to wear protection, rush in -get food, go home etc etc

Some CV Bellcheeses are using shopping trips as their ‘exercise’ or an excuse to get out..........it’s ****ing annoying

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Rich new seam of material here methinks, based on my first (and definitely last) trip to Saino's Local for a while

LEVEL 1 - General Bellcheeses

- Bellcheeses that appear to have no concept of 'one out, one in'. They'll happily stand outside there all day til somebody behind them in the queue gives them a prod
- Bellcheeses that, having achieved the nirvana of being allowed access to the store, apparently decide never to come out again

LEVEL 2 - Specific Bellcheeses

- Bellcheese in front of me in the checkout queue rocks up, buys a packet of chewing gum and chucks a fistful of lottery tickets on the counter. Each must be checked and verified. Except the lottery machine is bust. And there's only two operators allowed on the tills. And both spend at least five minutes fannying around with the ****'s essential lottery shopping needs while the queues build up both inside and outside. Sake! :angry:

And... RELAX :smokin:

Or... buy a TASER :guns:

I guess you mean the Local at the top of the park? Last time I went in there the shelves were empty anyway.
Went again about 10 days ago, walked to the front of the queue (keeping my distance). Man on the door asked if I was forming another queue. I said 'Got any toilet roll?' By then the manager (?) came out looking very important and replied 'No we haven't'
I walked off, what's the point queuing to get in and then finding they don't have what you want FFS!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I guess you mean the Local at the top of the park? Last time I went in there the shelves were empty anyway.
Went again about 10 days ago, walked to the front of the queue (keeping my distance). Man on the door asked if I was forming another queue. I said 'Got any toilet roll?' By then the manager (?) came out looking very important and replied 'No we haven't'
I walked off, what's the point queuing to get in and then finding they don't have what you want FFS!

You may want to consider investing in one of they Morrisons £30 boxes mate. Rumoured to contain both toilet rolls AND pasta, as well as the normal stuff normal people normally go shopping for. One way of self-isolating from the zombie hoarders

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
You may want to consider investing in one of they Morrisons £30 boxes mate. Rumoured to contain both toilet rolls AND pasta, as well as the normal stuff normal people normally go shopping for. One way of self-isolating from the zombie hoarders

Oh I'm OK thank you ... I have a network of little shops I use. :smile:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The worst thing about all this for me is having to listen to the pluralisation of Tesco, Aldi and Asda.

"Ooooh, it wasn't too busy at Tescos this morning'

'I've just got to pop to Asdas to get a few bits'

'Quiet at Aldis this morning'

Even more painful for me is people even writing it on social media 'Hectic at Tesco's this morning'

Really not sure how much more of the pluralisation I can handle :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here