Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My girl-friend has just come back from our local parade of shops. She only popped down for a bra with extra long straps, and a pair of shoes. She said whilst queuing, she had a nice conversation with another lady about birds, but told me she did feel very uncomfortable as a man very near by kept looking at her with a strange grin.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
A friend of mine last week popped into his local shop and amongst other things plonked six lemons on the counter, only to be told by the shop assistant he could only have three. He explained that lemons helped with his cancer ( terminal brain cancer) ( not sure how, but apparently it does help) to which the shop assistant replied " I don't care about your cancer, you can only have three of any one item ":ohmy:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My girl-friend has just come back from our local parade of shops. She only popped down for a bra with extra long straps, and a pair of shoes. She said whilst queuing, she had a nice conversation with another lady about birds, but told me she did feel very uncomfortable as a man very near by kept looking at her with a strange grin.

I've want to ask a question about your post, but really wouldn't know where to start :shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
LEVEL 3 - The absolute f***wit who takes pleasure in encroaching on people's space, knowing it's making the other person uncomfortable and then laughs when you politely ask them to observe this.

Come the revolution Bro, you'll be this first up against the wall and bloody shot, this sin't a f***ing joke, it's real!

Worse...
Little old dear: at the meat fridge selecting which specific packet of bacon to buy (side cheesiness: look with your eyes not your f*"king hands).
Me: respectful, social distancing gap, stood back, (not so) patiently waiting so I can approach said fridge.
Bellcheese behind me:. "Grrr, tut, grr" at me for standing still in the middle of the aisle, waiting for little old dear.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've not been in a big supermarket since this whole thing kicked off, I'm using the local bakers, greengrocers, co-op and tesco express.

Yesterday I had to go get a loaf and some milk. Queued to get in the co-op. In front of me was some young HERBERT (baseball cap and earbuds) who, rather than follow a path of going up one aisle and down the next, played a game of co-op pinball, pinging all round the shop; he must have brushed past me three times then stood right behind me in the queue. *******.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've not been in a big supermarket since this whole thing kicked off, I'm using the local bakers, greengrocers, co-op and tesco express.

Yesterday I had to go get a loaf and some milk. Queued to get in the co-op. In front of me was some young HERBERT (baseball cap and earbuds) who, rather than follow a path of going up one aisle and down the next, played a game of co-op pinball, pinging all round the shop; he must have brushed past me three times then stood right behind me in the queue. *******.

This, and when you say "excuse me could you keep a 2m distance" they just smirk at you

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Member of staff on my last Tesco visit - was cleaning a shelf directly under something I wanted - I asked if I could grab a box and he said 'of course, go ahead............', but simply stayed standing where he was, right in front of the boxes I was pointing at.............

Most people were respecting the rules but there were a couple of gormless goons that thought it was OK to fill the gap between distancing people with themselves and their trollies. The same ones kept doing it at various points around the store. Yep, up against the wall..................

Up against the wall for saying “can I grab”!!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A friend of mine last week popped into his local shop and amongst other things plonked six lemons on the counter, only to be told by the shop assistant he could only have three. He explained that lemons helped with his cancer ( terminal brain cancer) ( not sure how, but apparently it does help) to which the shop assistant replied " I don't care about your cancer, you can only have three of any one item ":ohmy:

What would they have done if he had Lyme Disease too?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All these wise guys that think they're winning the game of life? They have zero self-awareness. And the acute lack of awareness that should they somehow survive their scummy life into their later years, that it'll be the decent people that they've pushed in front of all their scummy lives that will be changing their shitty bedsheets in their end of life care home. Maybe then the ****s will finally understand

Sadly never going to happen.
These Tw*ts always seem to get away with it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In my case the woman in question had taken an absolute age to get through her checkout. Including disappearing for 5 minutes to pick up something she had forgotten to pick up.
Needless to say she hadn't forgotten to pick up 3 packs of 16 toilet rolls. ( there were none left when i looked for some).

Got to say I sympathise massively with the vast majority of supermarket staff, who must be putting up with shit loads of unwarranted grief at the moment.

Just remember to thank them for going to work as nobody is giving them a round of applause but they are at risk without much protection and mostly near minimum wages.
Same applies to many other workers too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just remember to thank them for going to work as nobody is giving them a round of applause but they are at risk without much protection and mostly near minimum wages.
Same applies to many other workers too.

Tonight’s clap is for all of them :

‘Tonight's Clap for our Carers event, which is scheduled for 8pm, will concentrate on healthcare workers, emergency services, armed services, delivery drivers, shop workers, teachers, waste collectors, manufacturers, postal workers, cleaners, vets, engineers and 'all those who are out there making an unbelievable difference to our lives in these challenging times'.’

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There are so many idiots who think the suggested space between people does not apply to them, and sadly it seems to be the elderly baby boomers who seem to nit give a feck....

Some poor lady in Sainsbury’s Shoreham tonight was struggling crying on the phone to her husband about people not sticking to the rules, getting to close. She was not coping at all, I felt really sorry for her.

Made sure I thanked the staff and allowed people to get what they needed keeping my distance, it’s nice to be polite.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We went down to our local parade of shops, to get a vew bits.
I waited outside, whilst my wife queued up to enter shops.
In true Jasper Carrott 'nutter on the bus' styleee, a local nut, with tits hanging on her and knees and wearing slippers, joins the line behind my wife and starts blaming the birds for Covid-19.
As I'm standing to the side, I have a great enjoyment in watching my wife have a conversation with the local nut.
Our family does seem to attract these types :wozza:

Photos next time please

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There are so many idiots who think the suggested space between people does not apply to them, and sadly it seems to be the elderly baby boomers who seem to nit give a feck....

Some poor lady in Sainsbury’s Shoreham tonight was struggling crying on the phone to her husband about people not sticking to the rules, getting to close. She was not coping at all, I felt really sorry for her.

Made sure I thanked the staff and allowed people to get what they needed keeping my distance, it’s nice to be polite.

Hang on...when did this open??????

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Went to my local shop just to get some eggs. Couple of dicksprings standing right on front of the shelves having the sort of irrelevant conversation only certain idiots can have.

“Excuse me, please can I get to the eggs please?”

No response.

So I stand there in an obvious way while they keep gassing. Eventually I am spotted and they give me a filthy look and move a millimetre down the aisle.

Prats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here