Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton on a Free?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Newcastle have let him go because he is too expensive. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team and the great team spirit Gus has built up.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
silly thread for the following reasons:

Not a "Gus type of player" too disputive
off the pitch he is an idiot with little care for the club he plays for or the players he plays with
Saying that
he is a class player far to good for the championship
and would demand horrendous money which would probably save millions of starving childen in africa if one months money was diverted to their.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Are people in this thread genuinely talking about this as if it is in any way a realistic option? There will be a dozen, if not more, premier league clubs looking to sign him - probably for wages the would equal half our first team.

He's a very talented player who obviously has a lot of baggage, and will be a big loss for Newcastle.

Sure, let's sign him. While we're at it, I hear Tevez is looking to move...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He was spotted in Queens Road this morning getting out of Gus's car. Genuinely, somebody sent me that this morning on e-mail!! :lolol:

Next week, Ronaldo spotted on the pier with Ken Brown and Ice Cream in hand........

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
This whole situation has put me in the unpleasant position of being in agreement with Joey Barton. Most of the things he's been in trouble for are entirely his fault and he seems like a total dickhead. I can't put "complaining that Newcastle is badly run" in that category and I'm not sure most of the Geordies would either: it's just a statement of (painfully self-evident) fact.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Of course we would, but he'll be off to the likes of Arsenal (if Arsene Wenger has any sense). He should have the pick of half the Premier League.

Not quite sure why Newcastle are releasing him..? Back to his old ways?

the way arsene's going nobody will be off to arsenal...can you imagine what he's thinking?

'i shall keep cesc until he is old and grey...and if he betrays me for Barcelona, i shall pout and whine and throw my rattle. arsene wins.'

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He was spotted in Queens Road this morning getting out of Gus's car. Genuinely, somebody sent me that this morning on e-mail!! :lolol:

Next week, Ronaldo spotted on the pier with Ken Brown and Ice Cream in hand........

He is on the train to London at the moment, watching DVDs of the Office - he just said so on his Twitter. Going to Puma to get loads of freebies.

Oct 25, 2003
his twitter feed is bloody incredible.........full of smiths quotes and philosophy

after ballotelli he's the most entertaining footballer on earth

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Whilst Barton would be a great signing (although not sure about the temperament) are you guys and the OP being serious?

There is no way on Earth he would come to Brighton at the moment...This has got to be the winner of "The most deluded thread of the year" award!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here