Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton on a Free?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If there was any chance he would come here we should pull out all the stops but he will go to another premiership team (or top league team in another country) without a shadow of doubt

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was probably Newcastles best player last season, would walk into most prem teams

Well that's not saying much, is it? And besides, I would disagree and suggest Cheik Tiote deserves a mention. I don't rate Barton anywhere near as highly as the rest of the people in this thread do. I've seen him play for Newcastle at St James' Park twice and neither time did he make a particularly good impression on me. They won 5-1 and 4-1 in the games I saw, the first in the Championship (against Cardiff) and the second last season against Wolves, so they weren't bad games to assess him on.

He does take a good set piece though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
May as well sign up my other favourite(yeah right) footballer whilst we are at Hadji diouf...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yeah. Let's sign joey barton. I'm sure his £50k+ a week wages won't cause us any problems at all. I do wonder what planet some of our fans are on sometimes.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
1. We have enough midfielders
2. He is a difficult character and we've already jettisoned moody Murray so don't need someone else in the same mould
3. He'd want BIG wages
4. He's a bit of a dick
5. Even if we DID want him, we've got NO chance

Nails on the head Colossal...!!!
Some people are sooo deluded sometimes!

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yeah. Let's sign joey barton. I'm sure his £50k+ a week wages won't cause us any problems at all. I do wonder what planet some of our fans are on sometimes.

I posted this as an open discussion about whether or not Joey Barton would be wanted by our club.....taking into account his personality, previous record and ability. I was interested to see what people thought of him as a player. Where in my post does it suggest a serious attempt to sign him or that I infact think we should???. I know its monday but you need to lighten up. Honestly some of our fans sometimes.

Prick

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Barton?

funny.gif

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Not quite sure why Newcastle are releasing him..? Back to his old ways?

Reading between the lines, Newcastle have agreed to a free transfer to buy his silence. Think he was going to blow the lid on internal problems the club have, lack of ambition and the way Pardew is doing things.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
1450: FOOTBALL - Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger on Twitter: "Most used sub in the prem last season.. Now I'm struggling to even get a pre season game.. haha..what a joke."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has gone quite easy on them on Twitter - board decision basically

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Barton was bad mouthing the club yesterday, his past record involving team mates and opponents is deplorable so Palace could be his only option.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I posted this as an open discussion about whether or not Joey Barton would be wanted by our club.....taking into account his personality, previous record and ability. I was interested to see what people thought of him as a player. Where in my post does it suggest a serious attempt to sign him or that I infact think we should???. I know its monday but you need to lighten up. Honestly some of our fans sometimes.

Prick

What is the point of saying he's on a free and then asking if we'd want him when it is virtually impossible for us to afford him without going on some pompey style admin kamikaze mission.

It's a completely pointless question. I tell you what Nasri will be on a bosman at the end of next season, let's go for him instead.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Are people seriously suggesting he may come here? :lolol: :lolol:
Barton a class act, and is IMO, one of the best English midfielders around, and I'm positive he'd be in the England squad if it wasn't for his history. We've NOO chance

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1450: FOOTBALL - Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger on Twitter: "Most used sub in the prem last season.. Now I'm struggling to even get a pre season game.. haha..what a joke."

:lolol: Nile Ranger is the biggest waste of space professional football has so far seen. RUBBISH.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
What a stupid suggestion, Barton is a very decent player and is well above championship standard, only thing stopping him getting an England call up was his attitude, will end up at everton IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here