Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes goal celebration

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
but it wasn't that bad a goal. after the ones conceded in the last three games (deflections/lucky rebounds) I thought Crofts did really well to force the error and get his foot in and hats of to AB for being there. celebrate it how you like mate

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Anyone else think he looked a bit of a prat, giving it large after his goal on Saturday. Seen it a dozen times now and i'm still not convinced he knew a lot about it. Just seemed to hit his leg and roll it the back of the net. Then he strutted away giving it the old strong arm stuff. Think he made himself look a prick.:smile:

I am happy with ANY goal celebration! We see so few of them these days... ... ...

Anyone else think he looked a bit of a prat, giving it large after his goal on Saturday. Seen it a dozen times now and i'm still not convinced he knew a lot about it. Just seemed to hit his leg and roll it the back of the net. Then he strutted away giving it the old strong arm stuff. Think he made himself look a prick.:smile:

Does anything at all ever make You glad to be an Albion fan?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I didn't think he really did celebrate? Didn't he sort of look a bit embarassed, turn around, get congratulated, then do the kiss-arm thing that he does EVERY time he scores and walk back to the centre circle? I've not seen it since though.

That was my perception of it - he didn't really celebrate at all! How the OP can turn that on its head and make out he did some elaborate celebration beggars belief. But hey let's not miss another opportunity to attack him, eh?! Absolutely pathetic.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What do you mean, another 20 goals? You make it sound like, that's what he does on a regular basis. He has scored 20goals once, in his career in a side that won the division at a canter. He will never score 20 goals in the championship, all the time he has got a hole in his arse.

Ahhh, as Cyndi Lauper once sang "I see your true colours"

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yes, and you should know all about that :smile:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Does anything at all ever make You glad to be an Albion fan?

Yep, lots of things. Our chairman, our stadium, Thomaz the best keeper iv'e seen since Corrigan, Adam(Mr Brighton) El Abd, Buckley when he is at it, Cms love the guy and his desire for the game, Bruno and Bridge probably the best full back pairing in the division.....Down side, negative tactics, Poyet's stubborness and his excuses, Barnes is never a championship striker, Vicente ripping the piss out of the club....There's always something to moan about, even if you support Man Utd.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, lots of things. Our chairman, our stadium, Thomaz the best keeper iv'e seen since Corrigan, Adam(Mr Brighton) El Abd, Buckley when he is at it, Cms love the guy and his desire for the game, Bruno and Bridge probably the best full back pairing in the division.....Down side, negative tactics, Poyet's stubborness and his excuses, Barnes is never a championship striker, Vicente ripping the piss out of the club....There's always something to moan about, even if you support Man Utd.
That's true, but I think the thing that's puzzling everybody is when we're in the middle of a bit of a slump (relative to how we had been playing and nothing to do with the fact we used to play at Priestfield in front of crowds of 3000), why moan about a goal celebration? It's not as if we've seen that many recently. If it had been our seventh then, with the game already won, you may have had a point.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

So going by that, all Barnes has to do is be more like CMS who scored less goals than him last season but cost £3m quid AND wasn't expected to defend and drop into midfield. Oh, but CMS runs around up top a lot chasing the type of lost causes Barnes scored from on Saturday. Would you say Barnes has less desire for the game than CMS?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So going by that, all Barnes has to do is be more like CMS who scored less goals than him last season but cost £3m quid AND wasn't expected to defend and drop into midfield. Oh, but CMS runs around up top a lot chasing the type of lost causes Barnes scored from on Saturday. Would you say Barnes has less desire for the game than CMS?

Everyone entitled to there opinions. I know mine isn't shared by many on here, but it seems a pretty universal view, from those who I sit around and talk too, walking back to the station and that view is, Barnes is shite.......and I assume you saw the games that Cms missed???Judging by he body language some times, i'd say Barnes has less desire for the game than a lot of them.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Everyone entitled to there opinions. I know mine isn't shared by many on here, but it seems a pretty universal view, from those who I sit around and talk too, walking back to the station and that view is, Barnes is shite.......and I assume you saw the games that Cms missed???Judging by he body language some times, i'd say Barnes has less desire for the game than a lot of them.

What? This makes no sense.

I don't agree with your opinion that Barnes is shite or with the rather odd summing up of this opinion as "pretty universal". But I feel happy that I now understand that you are one of those so-called fans that hate one of your own players so much that you can even find fault in the way they celebrate a goal. Maybe you'd feel better if he too ran a competition in the local press to find him a more suitable salute when he scores - with a full grading system based on the type of goal of course.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Right place, right time. That's all I want.

Did you used to be a spurs fan by any chance?before the Amex like?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What? This makes no sense.

I don't agree with your opinion that Barnes is shite or with the rather odd summing up of this opinion as "pretty universal". But I feel happy that I now understand that you are one of those so-called fans that hate one of your own players so much that you can even find fault in the way they celebrate a goal. Maybe you'd feel better if he too ran a competition in the local press to find him a more suitable salute when he scores - with a full grading system based on the type of goal of course.

What doesn't makes sense, read again....Not a view shared by many on here, but one shared by almost everyone I sit around and talk too. 24,000+ go to the Amex of which probably 1% post on here. Hardly a great cross section of views.

DavePage

Maybe if our fans didn't cheer when we score a fortunate goal, the player in question wouldn't be encouraged to celebrate in such an overzealous manner?
Or did he just kiss his tattoo?
Surprised your not calling him Barnes Door Ashley yet. Give the lad a break.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

No more than you have with this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here