Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes goal celebration

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Anyone else think he looked a bit of a prat, giving it large after his goal on Saturday. Seen it a dozen times now and i'm still not convinced he knew a lot about it. Just seemed to hit his leg and roll it the back of the net. Then he strutted away giving it the old strong arm stuff. Think he made himself look a prick.:smile:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I didn't think he really did celebrate? Didn't he sort of look a bit embarassed, turn around, get congratulated, then do the kiss-arm thing that he does EVERY time he scores and walk back to the centre circle? I've not seen it since though.

interesting, first it's what we're allowed or not allowed to sing, then the Harvey's drinkers wanted the lager drinkers lined up against a wall and shot, then someone leaving five minutes early was tarred and feathered, it's about time we clamped down on some of the players celebrations

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He got into the right place at the right time, and when crofts pokes the ball past the keeper, Barnes flicks his foot towards the ball. It may have been more instinct than design, but it didn't just bounce off of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He may not have known much about it but the replays on Player show that he did put it in with his boot, not his shin or any other part of his anatomy. I think it shows an instinctive quality that he reacted so quickly to a loose ball and that his positioning was good.
Carry on criticising.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He got into the right place at the right time, and when crofts pokes the ball past the keeper, Barnes flicks his foot towards the ball. It may have been more instinct than design, but it didn't just bounce off of him.

This is my point, i'm not disrespecting the goal, although i'm not convinced he knew a lot about it. I saying that his pose and giving it large afterwards, was more in line with a 20yard screamer than a flukey tap in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So because it was a scrappy goal you just sat in your seat and clapped then did you and only get up and jump around a bit when CMS scores an overhead :facepalm:

Was Bridge also wrong to celebrate his deflected free kick earlier in the season or did CMS, for his two deflections from Barnes' shots v Barnsley, also look a prat ???

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Anyone else think he looked a bit of a prat, giving it large after his goal on Saturday. Seen it a dozen times now and i'm still not convinced he knew a lot about it. Just seemed to hit his leg and roll it the back of the net. Then he strutted away giving it the old strong arm stuff. Think he made himself look a prick.:smile:

I think you're being harsh here. In fact, I thought it was the best goal your team has scored for quite sometime! :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So because it was a scrappy goal you just sat in your seat and clapped then did you and only get up and jump around a bit when CMS scores an overhead :facepalm:

Was Bridge also wrong to celebrate his deflected free kick earlier in the season or did CMS, for his two deflections from Barnes' shots v Barnsley, also look a prat ???

No not at all, that's not my point. My point is, you don't pose and give it the arrogant strong arm crap. When a ball has hit your leg and rolled over the line. A hand across the mouth and a chuckle would have been more appropriate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He did a little fist pump because he was happy about scoring. For f***'s sake.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Oh dear. We haven't scored for god knows how long and now one of the usual culprits manages to still have a pop at something about it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Yes how dare our players celebrate goals. Appalling behaviour by Barnes. I fully expect him to something equally as appalling on Friday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If he'd have run away doing the sliding knee drop, or the 'Bebeto', or the Mick Channon windmill, or ripped his short off over his head, there might be some cause for the 'prat' comment.

But he didn't. He poked home a sloppily conceded ball, then walked away, slightly embarrassed, pleased to have scored, kissed the tattoo on his bicep (something he always does), and trotted back to the centre circle.

Fin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here