Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes goal celebration

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
No not at all, that's not my point. My point is, you don't pose and give it the arrogant strong arm crap. When a ball has hit your leg and rolled over the line. A hand across the mouth and a chuckle would have been more appropriate.

You don't really have a point. THE point is, he was in the right place and he SCORED. A smile, a well done and a hands off the keyboard would have been more appropriate.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmm. So the strength of celebration should be geared to the degree of difficulty? I think not. I'm guessing he was pleased as he hadn't scored for a while, he'd missed a penalty in the previous match and for the first time since Adam was a lad we were leading.

I think CHAPPERS is spot on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He can celebrate however he wants as far as I am concerned although he does come across as a miserable bastard on the pitch.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So because it was a scrappy goal you just sat in your seat and clapped then did you and only get up and jump around a bit when CMS scores an overhead :facepalm:

Was Bridge also wrong to celebrate his deflected free kick earlier in the season or did CMS, for his two deflections from Barnes' shots v Barnsley, also look a prat ???

I'd hardly call kissing a tattoo with his kids name on it "giving it large".

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes it was OUTRAGEOUS and made Suarez's celebration look a bit PONY.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We hadn't scored first for a while, the forwards were under pressure so I guess it was a relief. I've not even seen the goal yet but calling your own team's player a prick for scoring then celebrating is rather odd. The thread is evidence to show whatever Barnes does, he can't do right.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is my point, i'm not disrespecting the goal, although i'm not convinced he knew a lot about it. I saying that his pose and giving it large afterwards, was more in line with a 20yard screamer than a flukey tap in.

I'm not sure celebrations are necessarily in line with how good the goal was. My celebrations certainly aren't less if it's a below average goal, so why should the players celebrate any less?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Barnes in his own way will end up scoring another 20 goals this season yet still come in for the usual stick he seems to get on here for some reason , i remember similar threads about Murray and his so called careless style of play and non interaction with the fans , i could'nt give a toss how our players score ,as long as they do, and how they celebrate its down to them at the end of the day

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barnes in his own way will end up scoring another 20 goals this season yet still come in for the usual stick he seems to get on here for some reason , i remember similar threads about Murray and his so called careless style of play and non interaction with the fans , i could'nt give a toss how our players score ,as long as they do, and how they celebrate its down to them at the end of the day

What do you mean, another 20 goals? You make it sound like, that's what he does on a regular basis. He has scored 20goals once, in his career in a side that won the division at a canter. He will never score 20 goals in the championship, all the time he has got a hole in his arse.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What do you mean, another 20 goals? You make it sound like, that's what he does on a regular basis. He has scored 20goals once, in his career in a side that won the division at a canter. He will never score 20 goals in the championship, all the time he has got a hole in his arse.

I'd let this thread sink if I were you mate rather than take one stupid opinion and try to turn it into yet another general moaning thread about Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here