Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Quite amusing when the ' down with the kids ' middle aged and middle class men start defending Gangsta Rap :lolol: :lolol:
Never a dull moment on NSC. :D

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Quite amusing when the ' down with the kids ' middle aged and middle class men start defending Gangsta Rap :lolol: :lolol:
Never a dull moment on NSC. :D

Why do you have to be "down with the kids" to enjoy music that you grew up with?

I bought Straight Outta Compton in 1989 when I was 14. That's 31 years ago.

Just because you have differing musical tastes, why are you trying to poke fun? It's really quite sad. Perhaps you can tell us some tunes that you like and we can laugh at you for not being the correct demographic to appreciate them.

"Quite amusing"? :wanker:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes I know it’s about race BUT it’s hardly snidey?

aee2b05a372bc38782af78d6e71a24d4.jpg

Well here's a snippet - because I could only spend 5 minutes on this and even then I binned off some of his efforts on BLM - from the last few days. The whiole lot could be filed under "racial whataboutery".

I think if it was just people from Brighton all would be fine , the problems arise when you have yob rent a crowd suspects from unsavoury parts of London .

Because someone disagrees with the whole Guardian type PC culture doesn’t make them racist , often it just means they are an adult and understand the difference between kind and unkind without being told by the establishment.

This from Richard Littlejohn - he largely makes the point what about all the police racism in other countries that no one comments on . It’s hard to disagree with this fact.

What was all that about? Why did the most senior police officers in Britain feel it necessary to pass comment on an incident which happened 4,000 miles away? What the hell has it got to do with them?

I can’t remember a similar statement condemning police brutality in Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, or anywhere else for that matter. Where is the official British police reaction to Chinese repression in Hong Kong?

So why now?

You know why. They never miss an opportunity to burnish their ‘anti-racist’ credentials. Sniffing the wind, they thought they’d get their virtue-signalling in first. The ‘woke’ Left were always going to hijack the death of George Floyd for their own purposes, even though most of them couldn’t point to Minnesota on a map.

I totally agree with the black lives matter mindset but I think it would have also been a good opportunity to also in some way include gangs in that . Apparently more black youths are killed by other black youths in gang war fare in the USA than by any other group . This is just as shocking and I think an opportunity has been lost to highlight this as well . This doesn’t negate what the clearly loonatic police officer did but surely all black lives matter not just the ones killed by white policemen .

Incidentally, the only other poster to admiringly quote Richard Littlejohn was........ [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION]

Strange that, innit?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why do you have to be "down with the kids" to enjoy music that you grew up with?

I bought Straight Outta Compton in 1989 when I was 14. That's 31 years ago.

Just because you have differing musical tastes, why are you trying to poke fun? It's really quite sad. Perhaps you can tell us some tunes that you like and we can laugh at you for not being the correct demographic to appreciate them.

"Quite amusing"? :wanker:

And the first one in the net is you, well done :fishing: :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well here's a snippet - because I could only spend 5 minutes on this and even then I binned off some of his efforts on BLM - from the last few days. The whiole lot could be filed under "racial whataboutery".

Incidentally, the only other poster to admiringly quote Richard Littlejohn was........ [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION]

Strange that, innit?

Beachy's on suicide watch after Farage was sacked. #prayforNige #fascistlivesmatter

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So...you've never heard the ' N ' word being used then?

Where did I say that? Or are we now saying that anything featuring the N word is ‘gangster rap’?

I’m not an expert but any music that glorifies gang violence and features guns and knifes in videos in an aggressive manner . Does that mean I’m out of touch ?

Yes.

Also two of your ‘grime sounds’ are visual things.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is no underlying motivation , I simply put it out there , that if we are going to be doing in effect a big clean up then why don’t we look at other issues that effect lots of people and are upsetting . For instance I personally don’t think anyone should use the N word to describe a black person even if you happen to be black yourself . It’s still offensive surely .

Well, you’re in luck as all of that output is banned already. You won’t hear it on the BBC.

You a bit stoopid, yeah?

Oh, just send who the OP is. Stupid and racist.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well here's a snippet - because I could only spend 5 minutes on this and even then I binned off some of his efforts on BLM - from the last few days. The *whiole lot could be filed under "racial whataboutery".

Strange that, innit?

Whole [emoji106]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Someone's tired :cry:

Oh dear.

Let's dissect this then shall we as I'm getting bored with letting idiots get away with being idiots, even though I'm nice.

You tried a really poor pisstake of "middle aged white men" liking rap music. OK. There are millions of middle aged white men who like rap music, so it was a weird target to go for in the first place. But you thought you were oh so clever and funny by posting it.

Then, when you got called out for basically being a dick, you went for the "but I was just fishing, ha ha, the joke's on you" angle. I can see into your tiny brain and the thought processes that happened.

Of course, then you get called out for that as well, because it's pathetic and extremely childish. Also incredibly cowardly that you can't back up your original "joke" without saying that basically you didn't really mean it and it was just trolling. Grow some balls.

And what is your comeback?

"Someone's tired"

Wow.

It's 16.43, I've had a very nice day getting work and other stuff done, just cracked open a cider and I'm not tired in the slightest.

Next.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
So I too am a very privileged middle class white man who likes rap especially tunes from Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, NWA etc. I also have a 6 year old who loves music of all genres and ages learnt from us both (Mrs likes 70/80s I also like Marillion, Talk talk, the the, Simple minds, etc)

He has his own eclectic playlist on spotify with everything from Olly Murrs to early Bowie so we have to be careful with nawty lyrics. lots of modern music has a bad version and a radio edit. not necessary.

His current favourite songs are (whoop whoop) thats the sound of da police and insane in the brain by Cypress Hill.

Spotify played the album version so I had to pull the car over to explain that some words are worse than others and in fact the trump word is the N word and Ns like Cypress hill ARE going insane.

BUT he can never say the N word especially to his mate at school. However there is a chance that his mate may use it and that is weirdly OK. but Christ sake dont say it back.

So he asked whether the N word is worse than **** and **** and then it all descended from there.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So I too am a very privileged middle class white man who likes rap especially tunes from Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, NWA etc. I also have a 6 year old who loves music of all genres and ages learnt from us both (Mrs likes 70/80s I also like Marillion, Talk talk, the the, Simple minds, etc)

He has his own eclectic playlist on spotify with everything from Olly Murrs to early Bowie so we have to be careful with nawty lyrics. lots of modern music has a bad version and a radio edit. not necessary.

His current favourite songs are (whoop whoop) thats the sound of da police and insane in the brain by Cypress Hill.

Spotify played the album version so I had to pull the car over to explain that some words are worse than others and in fact the trump word is the N word and Ns like Cypress hill ARE going insane.

BUT he can never say the N word especially to his mate at school. However there is a chance that his mate may use it and that is weirdly OK. but Christ sake dont say it back.

So he asked whether the N word is worse than **** and **** and then it all descended from there.

Don't think that's a bad thing at all mate. Kids are always going to learn all the "bad" words eventually. Much better that they learn them with their parents and have it explained to them why they are offensive and when it's not appropriate to use them. As you did.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No that low is reserved for cowards who put people on ignore [emoji106]

I disagree Chick. I don't have anyone on ignore as I prefer to either choose to ignore everything they say (ppf, Beachy) as they are pure trolls, or engage when someone is making a dick of themselves. As and when.

But if someone chooses to have people on ignore because they've had enough of their nonsense then that's up to them. It's not cowardly, just filtering out what you can't be bothered with.

A whole other level of cowardice is to post something that you think is a funny pisstake and then, when you get totally flamed, run away shouting "I was just trolling!!!" instead of backing it up.

That's seriously cowardly and pathetic.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh dear.

Let's dissect this then shall we as I'm getting bored with letting idiots get away with being idiots, even though I'm nice.

You tried a really poor pisstake of "middle aged white men" liking rap music. OK. There are millions of middle aged white men who like rap music, so it was a weird target to go for in the first place. But you thought you were oh so clever and funny by posting it.

Then, when you got called out for basically being a dick, you went for the "but I was just fishing, ha ha, the joke's on you" angle. I can see into your tiny brain and the thought processes that happened.

Of course, then you get called out for that as well, because it's pathetic and extremely childish. Also incredibly cowardly that you can't back up your original "joke" without saying that basically you didn't really mean it and it was just trolling. Grow some balls.

And what is your comeback?

"Someone's tired"

Wow.

It's 16.43, I've had a very nice day getting work and other stuff done, just cracked open a cider and I'm not tired in the slightest.

Next.

And breathe.
I have really hit a nerve.
WOW you really are tired or overthinking this, get over yourself it was a silly joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here