Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Why am I offensive ???? Oh is it because I’m not simply following the herd or what you read in the Guardian ?

I for one applaud your bravery. If enough freedom fighters are prepared to defy the left leaning Guardian reading hegemony that holds a stranglehold on this country, maybe one day we'll be able to have a press that argues for the right wing silent majority. Then, we can dream, but we may be able to elect a right wing government to take us out of the EU, starve the BBC until it comes to heel and produce a plan to sell off the remaining public assets.

Just in case you don't get the sarcasm, You are the MAJORITY! You have the massive majority of the press, and you have the most right wing post war UK government enjoying a parliamentary majority that could fulfill the most outlandish dreams of the ghost of Keith Joseph. You even have the North now!. So get on with it and stop acting the victim and pretending that you're rebels. You're not. You're the establishment. You're in charge. Continuing to pretend that you're all shackled by the leftist politically correct consensus is like a teenage boy during lock down: It doesn't wash anymore.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I think your're being melodramatic. Again. You're sounding like a nascent Victor Meldrew. Get a grip man :lolol:

Harry, do you remember the Evergreen college drama a few years back? Two professors who lost their jobs over it have a podcast. Please give it a watch it you have time. (It's over an hour and goes on a bit here and there) but its illuminating on current events.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, do you remember the Evergreen college drama a few years back? Two professors who lost their jobs over it have a podcast. Please give it a watch it you have time. (It's over an hour and goes on a bit here and there) but its illuminating on current events.

I'll do that.

Never heard of it....

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is no underlying motivation , I simply put it out there , that if we are going to be doing in effect a big clean up then why don’t we look at other issues that effect lots of people and are upsetting . For instance I personally don’t think anyone should use the N word to describe a black person even if you happen to be black yourself . It’s still offensive surely .

How can it be offensive if it is reclaimed within the group targeted ? It loses its potency. But not when targeted at them. Black people would describe themselves as x. It has different connotations from other racial groups.

I never once heard it used as a term of endearment when I was young. And doubtless as a naive youngster I probably used it myself in non-complimentary way. There were even cats who had the name.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I for one applaud your bravery. If enough freedom fighters are prepared to defy the left leaning Guardian reading hegemony that holds a stranglehold on this country, maybe one day we'll be able to have a press that argues for the right wing silent majority. Then, we can dream, but we may be able to elect a right wing government to take us out of the EU, starve the BBC until it comes to heel and produce a plan to sell off the remaining public assets.

Just in case you don't get the sarcasm, You are the MAJORITY! You have the massive majority of the press, and you have the most right wing post war UK government enjoying a parliamentary majority that could fulfill the most outlandish dreams of the ghost of Keith Joseph. You even have the North now!. So get on with it and stop acting the victim and pretending that you're rebels. You're not. You're the establishment. You're in charge. Continuing to pretend that you're all shackled by the leftist politically correct consensus is like a teenage boy during lock down: It doesn't wash anymore.

:laugh::bowdown:

When you acquire a sense of entitlement the greed for more can become hard to satiate. That's one* of the ways white privilage comes about.

*That's the most honourable way. Other ways include being a bit thick and, er, being a bit racist (the two often go hand in hand).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why am I offensive ???? Oh is it because I’m not simply following the herd or what you read in the Guardian ?

It's funny. That's almost EXACTLY what [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] always says and what do you both have in common? He was banned for trolling and so were you under your previous user name. You both seem to dislike the Guardian. You both seem to be on threads about race far too often, always with an innocent face on, snidely implying things between the lines because you're both too cowardly to type them and press "Submit Reply".

The only difference is you are a massive, massive snob and he is a massive, massive anti-snob. Yet you never seem to cross swords. How odd. Clearly it's ok to be a snob if you read the right paper, dislike the same music and spend most of your sad little existences trolling a football message board for a "laugh".

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Reading this post be like:

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never been more relevant actually...........and SUCH a tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

And if you don't like it, you don't have to listen to it. Everyone wins.

BTW, to the OP, you still haven't answered any of my points on the Priti thread. Your mate Mouldy hasn't either. Why are you so scared of debate snowflake?

Live in the sea

Jun 10, 2020

It's a slippery slope to the thin end of the wedge. If not kept in check, soon we'll all be forced to listen to Milli Vanilli whilst doing the Guardian quick crossword.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It's funny. That's almost EXACTLY what [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] always says and what do you both have in common? He was banned for trolling and so were you under your previous user name. You both seem to dislike the Guardian. You both seem to be on threads about race far too often, always with an innocent face on, snidely implying things between the lines because you're both too cowardly to type them and press "Submit Reply".

The only difference is you are a massive, massive snob and he is a massive, massive anti-snob. Yet you never seem to cross swords. How odd. Clearly it's ok to be a snob if you read the right paper, dislike the same music and spend most of your sad little existences trolling a football message board for a "laugh".

I think that’s a bit unfair . I’m not cowardly to type or say anything . I always speak from the heart . I don’t know about the other user you are mentioning but I post a bit over a variety of topics , to say that I’m obsessed with race is not true . Just count up my posts . There are many users who post a lot more about race than I do but for some reason , you seem to have highlighted me ! Is it because you don’t agree with me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here