Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ban gangsta rap as offensive to many people ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There's a lot of race-obsession going around at the moment, and you seem to be in the thick of it.

On topic, I just choose not to listen to it, in the main because it is absolute shit.

I disagree . I post far less than many people on here about these topics . Maybe it’s just because I am looking into the possibility of expanding the narrative , that you don’t agree with for some reason !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I find Katie Price pretty offensive - I think we should ban her as well. While we're banning things that are offensive, please, for the love of god, lets ban prawns as well - disgusting.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ok I will keep quiet and we can all just meekly follow the narrative like sheep with no ideas of our own .

No....don't allow yourself to be shot down in flames by those who revel in it and avoid answering the question unless it suits their particular agenda. It was perfectly valid to ask a question about a form of music that can inflame and incite people. Ok for them to use provocative and sensitive language. Not ok for others.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Whilst we appear to be in the full media glare of banning or taking down statues that are offensive to many members of the black community , is it fair and reasonable to also take the opportunity to consider banning some gangsta rap music & some grime ‘ sounds’ that are also offensive to many other people because of the way some ( not all ) depict violence and are degrading to women and sometimes other minorities like the gay community etc ?

Damn, how old are you ?

You might as well ban all music for being degrading to women, from jazz, blues, rock'n'roll, beat, pop, glam especially the hippy free love movement which basically was an excuse for middle class white boys to con women into sex, , oh no, ply them with the false free free love shite and drugs and bingo "sex" with a women they would normally have no chance.

As for violence, same thing all forms of music glorify violence even the hippy shit about rising up against "the man"

Utter bollox of a thread, just like I did not have to read this, you do not have to listen to it, it is so simple...

How sad

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Thankyou . I would like to make very clear to anyone that is keen to shout me down that I have no issue with removing offensive statues and I am in total agreement that some BAME people ( not including me but I guess I would qualify ) do experience racism that is unfair and wrong . But that doesn’t in my mind preclude me from looking at peoples feelings from all walks of life .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But that can easily be flipped to Little Britain, Gone With the Wind etc. Who is the judge of what to ban?

Everything can be flipped and there are some out there who have been waiting for this opportunity. Its all fair game now. The dear old snowflakes and politically correct are in their element. The trouble is...it will spiral out of control.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The best thing about people moaning about Gangster Rap is it automatically shows how out of touch they are. :lolol:

I would however be curious to hear what [MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION] counts as ‘grime sounds’. No googling :wink:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Damn, how old are you ?

You might as well ban all music for being degrading to women, from jazz, blues, rock'n'roll, beat, pop, glam especially the hippy free love movement which basically was an excuse for middle class white boys to con women into sex, , oh no, ply them with the false free free love shite and drugs and bingo "sex" with a women they would normally have no chance.

As for violence, same thing all forms of music glorify violence even the hippy shit about rising up against "the man"

Utter bollox of a thread, just like I did not have to read this, you do not have to listen to it, it is so simple...

How sad

So...use of the ' N ' word is acceptable then?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The best thing about people moaning about Gangster Rap is it automatically shows how out of touch they are. :lolol:

I would however be curious to hear what [MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION] counts as ‘grime sounds’. No googling :wink:

So...you've never heard the ' N ' word being used then?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not an expert but any music that glorifies gang violence and features guns and knifes in videos in an aggressive manner . Does that mean I’m out of touch ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't we just ban gangsta because it's shit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here