Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aye Aye Ashley

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Seemed as though Ash won the ball and the follow through hit Matic,who was late on the challenge.Typical Chelsea,ref always wrong.
On this occassion the ref was spot on.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Perhaps give the bbc a call and offer your services as a pundit. Clearly you have more knowledge than the current ones. After all, they only played the game at the top level, eat, sleep and breathe football.

I think you'd stand a good chance of getting in........

Hang on, so by default pundits can't be wrong as they've played the game?

So what happens when two pundits disagree with each other? How does your theory work there?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Big Ashley Barnes fan but he is hotheaded as we know.
The first one where he jumped and put his leg in was typical Ash and very naughty.

The second one was equally deliberate in my opinion.
Sorry. :shrug:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It wasn't even a tackle, let alone a 'malicious foul'

Barnes clearly passed the ball and it was Matic who was late in on Ash. There was little, if nothing, Barnesy could have done to get his leg out of the way of Matic.

Good decision from the ref.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I don't often wish ill on players but I hope he picks up a big injury, too many times he does this, real nasty player who does also posses the skills to be in the premier league so who knows why he does it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The witch hunt is pathetic, yes the follow through was shocking but Mourinho is the ultimate chief in contradictions, seen some videos on twitter of some other shocking tackles by Chelsea players which he defended after the game.

As for all the ex pro's jumping on the bandwagon as if they never made a bad tackle in their entire career (he actually got the ball first anyway so not really a bad tackle), heard Jermain Jenas saying how he thought Matic's reaction was 'correct'. 'Nearly ended his career' :facepalm: :lolol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Perhaps give the bbc a call and offer your services as a pundit. Clearly you have more knowledge than the current ones. After all, they only played the game at the top level, eat, sleep and breathe football.

I think you'd stand a good chance of getting in........

Do you think that if they had a pundit from pre premier league days, then they would be up to date on the rules of the game now?

The rules change constanly, and it can't be that hard for these pundits to keep up with them instead of spouting duff information that will wrongly influence spectator thinking?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Barnes is a massive t w a t

I'm glad I no longer have to watch him pre-madonna'ing round the pitch

He knew exactly what he had done as he walked away & as usual went down like he had been shot

Ashley Barnes, a primadonna? Really?

What makes me laugh about this is the gathering pace bollocks that there is a conspiracy by referees against Chelsea. It's typical Latin bollocks when things don't got their way, led by Jose. Pathetic. Every team gets shit decisions, Chelsea seem to think they should be immune from them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Many players would have realised it was a potential leg breaker and would have stayed with Matic to see if he was alright, but the way he got up and turned to walk away, whilst whistling up to the sky with his hands in his pockets, as if nothing happened, makes it look like he deliberately left his foot in with his full weight on a straight leg.

I like Ash but I wouldn’t put it past him to do something stupid in the heat of the moment, especially when his actions directly afterwards was highly suspicious.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why are the pundits idiots? Because they have a different view to you?

Mainly because pundits always jump on the bandwagon, especially idiots like Shearer and Savage who are such dull pundits they have to make silly comments regarding many issues, not just this one. Savage is hilarious, anyone would think the guy had a career that consisted of many major honours the way he goes on and preaches about what's right and wrong.

Amazes me people like you, seem to think that because people have played the game that makes them some font of all knowledge.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Mainly because pundits always jump on the bandwagon, especially idiots like Shearer and Savage who are such dull pundits they have to make silly comments regarding many issues, not just this one. Savage is hilarious, anyone would think the guy had a career that consisted of many major honours the way he goes on and preaches about what's right and wrong.

Amazes me people like you, seem to think that because people have played the game that makes them some font of all knowledge.

I kind-of agree with you - I just think that MOTD are very lazy - they let Mourinho set the agenda every time whether it's comments about the minutes of the highlights or pratting on about donkeys and racehorses for weeks on end. Savage is just there to provoke debate I think

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poor challenge but I don't think it was deliberate. I can't see how Shearer and Savage can possibly say with certainty that he meant to do that, they just want to keep Mourinho on side as they're one of the only media outlets he still talks to.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I kind-of agree with you - I just think that MOTD are very lazy - they let Mourinho set the agenda every time whether it's comments about the minutes of the highlights or pratting on about donkeys and racehorses for weeks on end. Savage is just there to provoke debate I think

Did the MOTD pundits even mention that Barnes played the ball first before the contact with Matic? - I don't think any of them did. (but pretty much guarenteed to have happened if it was a top four player catching any other player)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just watched it.

It was nasty, but it wasn't a tackle.

Barnes gets to the ball first to pass it to a player, Matic intercepts and Barnes is foot follows through onto Matic's upper ankle.
Just to be more specific, Barnes had the ball in the first place, they weren't both chasing after a loose ball. I'm sure you know that, it's just that 'Barnes gets to the ball first' makes it sound like he didn't already have it.

Seemed as though Ash won the ball and the follow through hit Matic,who was late on the challenge.
He didn't even win the ball, it was his the whole time!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At last another opportunity to slag Ashley. It's been difficult recently with a player not fit to play for Brighton playing regularly and scoring in the Prem.

The incident is nowhere near as clear cut as plenty on this thread seem to be thinking.

I don't often wish ill on players but I hope he picks up a big injury, too many times he does this, real nasty player who does also posses the skills to be in the premier league so who knows why he does it

I don't often wish ill to other posters, but I hope you lose all your fingers in a horrific threshing machine accident preventing you from ever posting your shit again.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I don't often wish ill to other posters, but I hope you lose all your fingers in a horrific threshing machine accident preventing you from ever posting your shit again.

Not something I use day to day so not so likely to happen, Barnes has a real nasty streak and although a little harsh I may have been he needs something to realize he cannot go around doing that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here