Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aye Aye Ashley

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The ball was running away from Barnes but he managed to get a touch, however Matic won the ball in the end. They were both trying to win the ball off each other which is called tackling. The FA refered to it as a tackle. How would you describe it in one word?

The ball was moving away from Barnes, not running, because he'd passed it. The tackle was from Matic.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
4 days after the event and you've still not seen it.

I'll explain it in words then.....

Barnes receives the ball, Zouma is right behind him, Barnes moves the ball away from Zouma (alright he's not controlling the ball like Messi), Barnes then tries to pass the ball to Jones, in that split second Matic came in from the side and lunged to block the pass, Barnes' leg momentum from the pass hits Matic, Matic's trailing leg hits Barnes' trailing leg, Barnes makes sure that he's not getting hurt (that's if he can think that quickly).

How would I describe it in one word?

Accident.

Our football pundit, Adam Virgo, said it should have been a yellow card. This incident has obviously split opinions and I don't think anyone of either view is going to change their minds. I am sure that if this had happened to a Burnley player at Turf Moor the whole stadium would be spitting with anger at the player and the ref. We know the reaction the fans give on every incident and decision.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The ball was moving away from Barnes, not running, because he'd passed it. The tackle was from Matic.

Let's have an argument about whether the ball was running or moving. Surely this deserves it's own dedicated thread.

Are you not bored of this by now :lolol: Virgo said it should have been yellow, take the argument to him not me :shrug:

If he had said that he didn't think it was worthy of a card, I would have accepted it. Why can't others do the same?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let's have an argument about whether the ball was running or moving. Surely this deserves it's own dedicated thread.

Are you not bored of this by now :lolol: Virgo said it should have been yellow, take the argument to him not me :shrug:

If he had said that he didn't think it was worthy of a card, I would have accepted it. Why can't others do the same?

What makes Adam Virgo such an expert? Yes, he does a decent job as a pundit, but he's not a qualified referee, nor was he on the field when it happened.
The referee didn't think it was worthy of a yellow or red, and neither did the FA.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What makes Adam Virgo such an expert? Yes, he does a decent job as a pundit, but he's not a qualified referee, nor was he on the field when it happened.

And there is you accusing BG of liking to argue.

So the debate is now about wording in whether the ball was running or moving, and whether Virgo's opinion is credible or not, and that your opinion should arguably stand above his.

Let’s have an argument about the way we argue, and how to draw someone into a very long argument, just for arguments sake.

Jan 10, 2014
This photo evidence at the point of Barnes' contact with the ball (a pass) shows how far Matic is away from the ball. It also shows how fast the whole thing unfolded.

It also shows that Barnes must be a clairvoyant if he meant to hurt Matic. It also shows that there is only one player making a 'challenge' or 'tackle'.

It also shows what a brilliant view Zouma and Willian have of it, neither of whom reacted.

I'm not a 5 year old boy, so I don't arrive at an opinion based on who the player is or who he plays for.

23l1obt.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The referee didn't think it was worthy of a yellow or red, and neither did the FA

That is not correct the FA didnt make a decision one way or the other only to say they couldnt take action due to an official seeing the incident and taking no action, somewhat different.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's really interesting watching this arsenal game, every time a player passes the ball while running they put all of their weight on their passing foot, THE DIRTY *******S don't they know they could break someone's leg!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This photo evidence at the point of Barnes' contact with the ball (a pass) shows how far Matic is away from the ball. It also shows how fast the whole thing unfolded.

It also shows that Barnes must be a clairvoyant if he meant to hurt Matic. It also shows that there is only one player making a 'challenge' or 'tackle'.

It also shows what a brilliant view Zouma and Willian have of it, neither of whom reacted.

I'm not a 5 year old boy, so I don't arrive at an opinion based on who the player is or who he plays for.

View attachment 63360

I agree with you 100%, people saying there was intent are ignoring the fact that it all happened in half a second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here