Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aye Aye Ashley

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Love Ashley Barnes. Just the sort of player that I like. Committed, hard working team player and a bit of aggression to go with it. Absolutely loved him tripping the ref that time!

Little wrong with Matic getting in the way of his pass action.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ashley just looking out for a black man thrown off a train. Perfectly good challenge in my book.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I know you didn't call Barnes a legend. Sorry.

Seriously though Barnes better than Zamora? Were you a season ticket holder when Zamora was with us?

Indeed I was, and whilst I appreciate the WHAM BAM factor I feel that the overall impact of players such as Lawrenson, Ward, Case and Barnes (in no way saying they're in the same bracket) is diminished in the throes of time if they did not score many, many goals.

As Stockdale proved today, it is not necessarily scoring a goal that is vital to a team's success.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ashley just looking out for a black man thrown off a train. Perfectly good challenge in my book.

And to be fair, Matic is precisely one of those rich foreigners making London homes unaffordable for ordinary born and bred Londoners.

A certain poster on here should be patting Ash on the back for that 'challenge', and it was only a Chelsea player after all :whistle:

Jan 10, 2014
A great still of Ashley passing the ball and Matic's leg a couple of foot away.

actqop.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That vine snippet compared to the full video of the incident put me in mind of this brilliant ad that I've never forgotten:

[yt]M3bfO1rE7Yg[/yt]

Not that I'm saying that Barnes was actually trying to do Matic a favour you understand, but you get the point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ashley may have been late but he got there as fast as he could.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
WTF is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over?

Barnes passed the ball and the Chelsea player went in late whilst Barnes' leg was still moving after the kick.

Definitely not a foul.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty disappointing MotD punditry from both Shearer and Savage, both calling it a poor tackle by Barnes. having said in the programme the ref had a howler, which he did for the hand ball and Costa penalty, shame they couldnt see he gets this one spot on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
pretty disappointing MotD punditry from both Shearer and Savage, both calling it a poor tackle by Barnes. having said in the programme the ref had a howler, which he did for the hand ball and Costa penalty, shame they couldnt see he gets this one spot on.
The BBC were calling Barnes out on a late tackle. Are all of these people a bit dense?

He made a pass and Matic was caught in a freak occurrence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here