Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere is laughable

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Creating an atmosphere at Wembley certainly isn't impossible as proved by Dortmund fans on Saturday night.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I thought the atmosphere was very good at times . The idea of having all the singers in one block was a master stroke as they started songs everyone picked up on it and joined in .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?47443-The-fans-today/page2&

I understand that you won't know this as you weren't there (oh oops sorry aobut that :D) but even Watford said we were excellent. All I can assume is that the noise didn't travel to the mics or they were in different positions or whatever but it was deafening in the Palace end and Watford have admitted that themselves.

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
Nope sorry, heard you after you scored that was it. I'm sure in your world it was good atmosphere but the commentator mentioned a few times how subdued the support was. Run on back to your board now, your half term holiday is going to be such fun.

I was there so in my world it was amazing yes. If I was young enough to have a holiday i'm pretty certain it would be a Summer holiday and there is nothing like the excitement of looking forward to a season in the Premiership, you wouldn't know that but there isn't.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Don't worry about us, Guv. With £130m in the bank and only a £5m loss a year before player sales, we should be ok.

Not that I want to join in with this but you know you dont get £30 straight off right? This is the maximum you can earn from the Premier League. Tv money is split depending on how many times you appear and this also includes £60 million IF your team is relegated. so it could be a lot lot less. As QPR have shown, it doesnt get you a lot in the Premier League anymore!

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, push the fence down in the Arthur Waite , run through , get confronted by thirty odd palace , and run back into your end. No fence required son. As for Chelsea , how the **** do you know what they're like. It's been how many years since you played them. Atmosphere at wembley would of been so much better with 80000 odd happy gay clappers on the seats ...
no one run anywhere , have a word with your story teller :wink:
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
By comparison with Watford, Palace were noisy, but by comparison with an average league game at the Amex, Palace were quiet. TV commentator commented on how strange it felt as it was so quiet. I guess they didn't let the **** take his drum in.

"Both teams and sets of fans stank out Wembley" - unbias report heard on radio.

£120m over 5 years does not help you in Prem as everyone receives this. Only an aid to getting back into the Prem if spent wisely - can't see Wigan lite spending wisely.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That, is a step too far. Not funny mate.
Agreed that is a step too far . It should be toned down to include slicing up ,heads smashed in with hammers and death . That's seems to be acceptable on this thread :down:

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Some quotes from Watford fans that were at the game, rather than a bitter weed sat at home.

All I could hear was Palace, and I was closer to our end than theirs.

the writing was on the wall when we exited wembley park and we were completed drowned out by a sea of red & blue and very loud singing...

Palace had the loudest fans at the Vic this season

Have to say, was sat in Club wembley with palace fans above and below me and they were constant. They had a good collective group behind their goal who just did not stop for the entire game.

It was shocking. Occasionally pockets of people started chants but it never caught on. Palace fans were excellent.

i was behind the goal up in the gods and at times the palace fans were deafening

Fans were terrible. Sat at the Watford end (hold my hands up
I was in a box) and I could hear the Palace fans much better.

From getting off the train we were outnumbered and outsung. I was sitting on the halfway line and UEA is right, when the Palace core started singing everyone joined in. I never heard anything from behind our goal.

As I looked around I could see there were also isolated pockets like ourselves, trying to have a go amidst all the folk sitting down quietly
Then I looked to the Palace end and saw the whole lower tier bouncing!

Obviously missed posts 43 & 46 or didn't they suit the side of the story you like to tell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here