Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere is laughable

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
**** off you ****, we won't be bothering you for a while , got arsenal, Chelsea and 150 mill to sort out

The metal wall will be back to protect you for those games and Spurs, Man U, Liverpool.
Anyway, hope you get stabbed to death by some Chelski **** you f*cking mong.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Simmo is being hung out to dry he's a rat

I'll be in touch 8ace:salute:

Do you require anyone to blow up balloons in your crew? I've got a machine for that.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Dare I say it, BeIn Sports royally slagged off the Brighton fans during the second leg of the semi-final and that was your home game.

Not fussed if you think the atmosphere was crap, it wasn't great but we easily outsung Watford. Wembley's a nice stadium but Club Wembley ruins the prospect of a truly electric atmosphere. It's still a day I'll never forget though and I'm thankful I was able to come back for it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hell yeah
Your nickname will be CANDY MAN feared throughout the south lanes of Brighton

Best news all day... Things are going to get sticky around here!

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, push the fence down in the Arthur Waite , run through , get confronted by thirty odd palace , and run back into your end. No fence required son. As for Chelsea , how the **** do you know what they're like. It's been how many years since you played them. Atmosphere at wembley would of been so much better with 80000 odd happy gay clappers on the seats ...

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
You need to fork out millions on players and a new stadium... Not easy... Hello administration again if you're not very careful!

Don't worry about us, Guv. With £130m in the bank and only a £5m loss a year before player sales, we should be ok.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, push the fence down in the Arthur Waite , run through , get confronted by thirty odd palace , and run back into your end. No fence required son. As for Chelsea , how the **** do you know what they're like. It's been how many years since you played them. Atmosphere at wembley would of been so much better with 80000 odd happy gay clappers on the seats ...

10 months since we played Chelsea, beating them 3-1', with Lampard scoring first.
Next question?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
You know that noise you heard in the background over the commentary? That was us

Nope sorry, heard you after you scored that was it. I'm sure in your world it was good atmosphere but the commentator mentioned a few times how subdued the support was. Run on back to your board now, your half term holiday is going to be such fun.

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't worry about us, Guv. With £130m in the bank and only a £5m loss a year before player sales, we should be ok.

and it still wont be enough to build a new stadium AND compete at the same time.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Perhaps we should have taken some clappers with us? Ah, then again, 'We're Crystal Palace, we clap with our hands'.

Enjoy Yeovil.

origami eagle

Dec 1, 2012
It as still embarrassing, I know they give it their best buy it wasn't until they scored that you heard a peep. No anti Brighton songs, no noise, no sings apart from the biring drum drivel, love it. Proud to be Brighton !!!!
:down: Hey, we envy your bragging rights!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Nope sorry, heard you after you scored that was it. I'm sure in your world it was good atmosphere but the commentator mentioned a few times how subdued the support was. Run on back to your board now, your half term holiday is going to be such fun.

Some quotes from Watford fans that were at the game, rather than a bitter weed sat at home.

All I could hear was Palace, and I was closer to our end than theirs.

the writing was on the wall when we exited wembley park and we were completed drowned out by a sea of red & blue and very loud singing...

Palace had the loudest fans at the Vic this season

Have to say, was sat in Club wembley with palace fans above and below me and they were constant. They had a good collective group behind their goal who just did not stop for the entire game.

It was shocking. Occasionally pockets of people started chants but it never caught on. Palace fans were excellent.

i was behind the goal up in the gods and at times the palace fans were deafening

Fans were terrible. Sat at the Watford end (hold my hands up
I was in a box) and I could hear the Palace fans much better.

From getting off the train we were outnumbered and outsung. I was sitting on the halfway line and UEA is right, when the Palace core started singing everyone joined in. I never heard anything from behind our goal.

As I looked around I could see there were also isolated pockets like ourselves, trying to have a go amidst all the folk sitting down quietly
Then I looked to the Palace end and saw the whole lower tier bouncing!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Couldn't hear either set of fans myself. Interestingly, I didn't hear the Palace fans at Selhurst either in the first leg, but when I watched it on TV, they had indeed sung throughout with the aid of that ridiculous drum.

Never heard them at all at The Amex until they scored and that includes the TV coverage.

In fairness they do support their team quite well, but I certainly wouldn't 'brag' about outsinging Watford, quietest fans in the division by far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here