Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some of the comments on the Villa forum are f*cking hilarious.

- Someone calling us a lower league club... How many years in a row have we finished above the mighty Villa? :lolol:

- A whole lot of people exaggerating the penalty incident. Apparently you could see the impact on their players shinpad when March 'fouled' him.

- A lot of people not even willing to admit March won the ball. He accidently touched it (or it was kicked in to him) rather than him making a tackle.

- "Really good players are not allowed to play football and instead they are brought down over and over until there bodys are screwed from constant takedown" Agreed, players really need to stop kicking Lamptey a foot in the air because he's too good for them.

- "Maupay pissing off Luiz to high end and referee let's him get away with it" - Agreed again. That elbow to the throat was... oh wait that was a Villa player so it doesn't matter.

"It's amazing how many journos and pundits are arguing it wasn't a pen. They know nothing. It's embarassing." Yes, all the pundits know nothing, but The_Steve on VillaTalk is right. Absolute muppet.

Absolutely what you'd expect from fans of a club who wallow in victories from before half of them were born. The Sheffield Wednesday of the midlands.

They’re on a par with Leeds and Massive with their arrogance and delusion. I remember loads of ‘boasting’ comments when Calderwood joined them (for family reasons!) - things like ‘when the Villa come calling they come’ etc - hahahahahh

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They’re on a par with Leeds and Massive with their arrogance and delusion. I remember loads of ‘boasting’ comments when Calderwood joined them (for family reasons!) - things like ‘when the Villa come calling they come’ etc - hahahahahh

The funniest bit for me in the absolute mental gymnastics from a lot of them. Obviously think they're a massive club but then the old 'that penalty wouldn't have been overturned if it was a big club'... but I thought Villa were a big club? :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just seen the highlights.......Lamptey should not have been booked for that second yellow and if that Penalty was given i would have given up watching football. Villa players must spend all week diving and acting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How have you not been banned by now? Your posting history is very interesting. I encourage everyone to take a look, especially our marvellous moderators. Cheers.

To be fair he just seems to be a massive idiot who's wrong about everything. If we had to ban all of them...........

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 18.51.46.pngHappy with these bets, betting on any left back to get a yellow against Lamptey has to be a good one!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree passing was an issue but good to see him
Being proactive and bring the ball forward.

I am wonder what a defensive 3 of white Veltman and dunk looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll look like a brown haired baby faced lad with lots of tattoos, a dark haired Dutch guy with a long neck and Neil off the Inbetweeners.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Must say Im enjoying reading the BBC comments section. unanimous from all clubs fans, that Villa were a bunch of diving cheats, praising us and also panning Grealish for getting Lamptey sent off.

Quite liked this, very true description of Trezeguets dive.

"The only way you'd naturally dive like that is if you were kicked hard in the nuts between the legs from behind when you weren't expecting it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54941198

Maybe I'm being dopey but I can't find the comments section on that link?!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmm, any predictions for where this game is going to be on MOTD?

I think we’ll be on first. The game had everything for the neutral: close game, both sides getting goals, missed chances/good saves, a late red card and an even later controversial penalty decision. The other 2 games have been regulation 2-0 wins and I can’t see West Brom troubling Man U enough to make it exciting.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Webster's passing was poor again. He's not the finished product but he has too many games where he gives it away incessantly.

Lost his man for the goal too.
Proper old school clumsy Webster today.
Generally this season he’s been a lot better.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I COULD be biased but our game was the best I've seen today by quite some distance. We'll still be last on MOTD as we all know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must say Im enjoying reading the BBC comments section. unanimous from all clubs fans, that Villa were a bunch of diving cheats, praising us and also panning Grealish for getting Lamptey sent off.

Quite liked this, very true description of Trezeguets dive.

"The only way you'd naturally dive like that is if you were kicked hard in the nuts between the legs from behind when you weren't expecting it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54941198

bbc.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here