Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Why fortunate? It was a pretty even game between two defensively poor teams and we scored more goals than they did. There's is absolutely nothing "fortunate" about it. ???

Good point. Just feel they had better goal scoring opportunities and moments. We can both agree we deserve it this season and against them over the past 3 games we've had V them.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bissouma was superb today, near the end just tracking sock boy who tried the lot . . . . Biss picked his moment and nicked the ball . . .one time the pineapple haired **** didn't get a free kick.

Great at tackling Grealish too. Stayed on his feet while being aggressive.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Very good. Did you watch the game though? We were lucky to win albeit against a good Villa side (we're due alot of luck!). I posted that comment as was pissed off that he brought on a centre back for Lallana when he has two young and gifted centre midfielders on the bench. It's an opinion. I'm still praying we win rather than wait until the end of the game to mouth off like some being wise after the event.

aah, i see. i think you should wait to be able to make an accurate appraisal, not kick off like a whiny little bitch, just an opinion

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Finally when we get chances we tuck them away. Welbeck today reminded me of Murray, a quality finisher, willing runner, decent hold up option, and an understanding developing with Lamptey. If he and Lallana stay fit we'll be fine.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Great win but fortunate. We've been due something like that. Want Potter to succeed as it's easy on the eye but still think we're unessarily soft (Don't want us to be like Burnley!) and don't enjoy watching four centre backs on even before BDB. If Potter is relying on a right from shot from March then that's worrying.

i would give the manager some time before making a decision, continiuty can really benefit a team and results

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Very happy to get the points, and to get a little bit of luck in Villa not making the most of the chances we afforded them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's not a bloke though is he, more half jester half gimp. It'll be interesting to see if he get properly hurt/injured at some point all because of his theatrics as opposed to any form of aggression against him.

There is always a chance some plum assaults him, but he's excellent at rolling over the defender's leg. He rarely gets crunched, which is why he bounces up fairly quickly rather than lying prone on the ground for minutes, like he's waiting for a fluffer and someone to lower themselves onto his parts.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to MOTD: "I don't know what a penalty is now. We could all hear the contact inside the ground.

"If VAR thinks it's not a penalty then just tell the referee it's not a penalty. It wasn't given so we have to take it on the chin.

"I don't think we were bad. We missed chances and we've made big mistakes for their goals. We have to defend much better. Brighton were a threat on the counter but I wasn't overly concerned.

"I thought we had control of the game and if we had taken our chances we would have won."

:tantrum:

Well Dean, a penalty is not when a player tries to audition for a 3rd rate WWII Hollywood film after the ball has hit him on the leg. I can only think that it is this contact that you heard as I am yet to be convinced that Solly touched him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Finally when we get chances we tuck them away. Welbeck today reminded me of Murray, a quality finisher, willing runner, decent hold up option, and an understanding developing with Lamptey. If he and Lallana stay fit we'll be fine.

Veltman, Lallana and Welbeck costing a total of £0.9m in transfer fees. TB and his team :bowdown:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm optimistic all the indicators are against us but these are the sort of games we pull of a surprise 2-1 to the good guys, but I am only hoping not expecting.

We can't double up on Grealish as that will leave too much space for Barkley so Ben White to show his class by covering Grealish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Well played sir :clap2:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Webster's passing was poor again. He's not the finished product but he has too many games where he gives it away incessantly.

At some point GPott will probably realise that Dunk, White & Veltman are our best back three if we want to (over) play out from the back. I’m not having a go at Webster or Burn, they’re good defenders and footballers but the other three are just better.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to MOTD: "I don't know what a penalty is now. We could all hear the contact inside the ground.

"If VAR thinks it's not a penalty then just tell the referee it's not a penalty. It wasn't given so we have to take it on the chin.

"I don't think we were bad. We missed chances and we've made big mistakes for their goals. We have to defend much better. Brighton were a threat on the counter but I wasn't overly concerned.

"I thought we had control of the game and if we had taken our chances we would have won."

:tantrum:

To be fair, Potter also said he was unsure what is and isn't a penalty anymore.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yep this.

and also a handy extra defender at corners, just like Muzza.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I know it's probably been discussed but how many games will Lamps be out for?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Must say Im enjoying reading the BBC comments section. unanimous from all clubs fans, that Villa were a bunch of diving cheats, praising us and also panning Grealish for getting Lamptey sent off.

Quite liked this, very true description of Trezeguets dive.

"The only way you'd naturally dive like that is if you were kicked hard in the nuts between the legs from behind when you weren't expecting it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54941198

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here