Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Must say Im enjoying reading the BBC comments section. unanimous from all clubs fans, that Villa were a bunch of diving cheats, praising us and also panning Grealish for getting Lamptey sent off.

Quite liked this, very true description of Trezeguets dive.

"The only way you'd naturally dive like that is if you were kicked hard in the nuts between the legs from behind when you weren't expecting it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54941198

did they get someone in to do a demo?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
aah, i see. i think you should wait to be able to make an accurate appraisal, not kick off like a whiny little bitch, just an opinion

My opinion is that I'm talking to someone on a forum that thinks it's alright to call someone a whiny bitch. Actually that's a fact.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Webster's passing was poor again. He's not the finished product but he has too many games where he gives it away incessantly.

Agree passing was an issue but good to see him
Being proactive and bring the ball forward.

I am wonder what a defensive 3 of white Veltman and dunk looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
My opinion is that I'm talking to someone on a forum that thinks it's alright to call someone a whiny bitch. Actually that's a fact.

when it comes to frivilous stuff like football, i just find negative nellies extremely tedious, it should be a fun distraction. i note [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION]'s sloped off tho', and you've hung about, so fair play to you sir

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm optimistic all the indicators are against us but these are the sort of games we pull of a surprise 2-1 to the good guys, but I am only hoping not expecting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Good call.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Finally when we get chances we tuck them away. Welbeck today reminded me of Murray, a quality finisher, willing runner, decent hold up option, and an understanding developing with Lamptey. If he and Lallana stay fit we'll be fine.

Also one of our best defenders. A very Murrayesque performance.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
when it comes to frivilous stuff like football, i just find negative nellies extremely tedious, it should be a fun distraction. i note [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION]'s sloped off tho', and you've hung about, so fair play to you sir

Now I'm a 'Sir'? From a 'Whiny Little Bitch' to a 'Sir'.

People can post negative comments if they want. I think Potter did a good job last year, the football is great to watch. I've been frustrated at how soft/not streetwise we often are and wish we didn't play so many centre backs. Ironically, you're the one being negative at others. Cheer up we won!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lamptey gets a one match ban for two yellows - but do they get wiped off the totting up process that can lead to a suspension later in the season?

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Wellbeck MoM for me today. Showed his experience and class. Followed closely by Lamptey(needs to hone that final pass) and White. Dunk was also important for his presence. Cheating diving T@#t’s got what they deserved.

Sollly also up there actually did what he we all know is in him today. Hooray !

The second goal pure potter ball and also the reason Gross is on the pitch.

Cut those small errors out and it’s 4-1 to the good guys.

And yes I’ve had a had a jar or two!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

At some point GPott will probably realise that Dunk, White & Veltman are our best back three if we want to (over) play out from the back. I’m not having a go at Webster or Burn, they’re good defenders and footballers but the other three are just better.

Webster has the short straw of all the defenders as he’s being played on the left. This makes distribution a lot harder. If you put any of the others there, they would also make mistakes with the ball. This is one of the reasons why left sided centre backs are in such demand these days.

Defending wise he was better than Dunk today though as he has been all season. Personally I would rather see a back three of Veltman, White and Webster and eventually I think that will be our first choice defence.

Webster is also a very brave defender when it comes to using the ball and his determination to drive forward is crucial to us.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some of the comments on the Villa forum are f*cking hilarious.

- Someone calling us a lower league club... How many years in a row have we finished above the mighty Villa? :lolol:

- A whole lot of people exaggerating the penalty incident. Apparently you could see the impact on their players shinpad when March 'fouled' him.

- A lot of people not even willing to admit March won the ball. He accidently touched it (or it was kicked in to him) rather than him making a tackle.

- "Really good players are not allowed to play football and instead they are brought down over and over until there bodys are screwed from constant takedown" Agreed, players really need to stop kicking Lamptey a foot in the air because he's too good for them.

- "Maupay pissing off Luiz to high end and referee let's him get away with it" - Agreed again. That elbow to the throat was... oh wait that was a Villa player so it doesn't matter.

"It's amazing how many journos and pundits are arguing it wasn't a pen. They know nothing. It's embarassing." Yes, all the pundits know nothing, but The_Steve on VillaTalk is right. Absolute muppet.

Absolutely what you'd expect from fans of a club who wallow in victories from before half of them were born. The Sheffield Wednesday of the midlands.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
... no we are not a really good side. We are actually a pretty awful side, that can’t win matches. It’s not about luck. 4 wins in 2020 is pathetic. I suspect Potter is only in a job because it will cost too much to get rid. Still his time is limited. Maybe gone by the New Year, probably by Easter & surely by this time next year when we are languishing in the championship.

The form, table, results, performances, are not down to luck alone. That is just one small component. The manager just does not inspire confidence. He is neither a winner. Nothing personal. But languishing in the bottom 5 week in week out, month in month out going nowhere is only going to end in relegation sooner rather than later. We lose 4-0 today

How have you not been banned by now? Your posting history is very interesting. I encourage everyone to take a look, especially our marvellous moderators. Cheers.

Oh this post just made today happen - fair play. Wondering what to describe Liverpool, so shipped 7 there as. If we’re awful what are they...?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Uwe posted a video of him watching the final whistle. Looks like it got him excited enough to make a good shadow puppet!

uwe.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here