[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Feel good about this.

We are a really good side, just need a bit of luck and that will come eventually. Hopefully two weeks working together will have improved us even further as well two more weeks for Lallana and Welbeck to work on their fitness and integrate even more into the side as they are going to be crucial players for us.

Grealish is amazing but he’s due an off day. He can’t be brilliant every single game and he’s going to be up against one of his toughest opponents today in Lamptey.

2.0 to the good guys.

... no we are not a really good side. We are actually a pretty awful side, that can’t win matches. It’s not about luck. 4 wins in 2020 is pathetic. I suspect Potter is only in a job because it will cost too much to get rid. Still his time is limited. Maybe gone by the New Year, probably by Easter & surely by this time next year when we are languishing in the championship.

The form, table, results, performances, are not down to luck alone. That is just one small component. The manager just does not inspire confidence. He is neither a winner. Nothing personal. But languishing in the bottom 5 week in week out, month in month out going nowhere is only going to end in relegation sooner rather than later. We lose 4-0 today

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
... no we are not a really good side. We are actually a pretty awful side, that can’t win matches. It’s not about luck. 4 wins in 2020 is pathetic. I suspect Potter is only in a job because it will cost too much to get rid. Still his time is limited. Maybe gone by the New Year, probably by Easter & surely by this time next year when we are languishing in the championship.

The form, table, results, performances, are not down to luck alone. That is just one small component. The manager just does not inspire confidence. He is neither a winner. Nothing personal. But languishing in the bottom 5 week in week out, month in month out going nowhere is only going to end in relegation sooner rather than later. We lose 4-0 today

Think the games are all on TV at the moment - try watching one some time :thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

How have you not been banned by now? Your posting history is very interesting. I encourage everyone to take a look, especially our marvellous moderators. Cheers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How have you not been banned by now? Your posting history is very interesting. I encourage everyone to take a look, especially our marvellous moderators. Cheers.

Wow just looked - what bellend. Either a bad troll or someone who feels life owes them something for nothing all the time. Certainly not an Albion fan. Sounds like an armchair Liverpool ‘fan’ who still moans every game :lol: Clueless.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Not necessarily. Aging team highly dependent on a few components? Unsustainable and usuallly leads to relegation unless you able to deal with the issue. Young talented team with a lot of potential? Could still go down, but at least there is decent chance of improvement. Over the last year the club took several steps in transitioning from being highly dependent on two fighting centre backs and the goals from a 35+ year old forward to having multiple ways of gathering points.

This season will be tough as well no doubt but plenty of work has been made and if you look at the squad there are plenty of players that you can tell wont be playing for a team struggling against relegation in a season or two. Its relegation either this season or most likely not for a long while. Hopefully the fact that the players are young and will improve regardless of wins or losses combined with the weakness of the bottom teams will be enough and after that I think most roads lead upwards in the table.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

... are you a happy clapper, happily clapping us to the championship?

It’s a results business fella. Not about dying gracefully

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can’t have be having that, with that track record of goals he’ll be on the bench!

I dont think whatever Welbeck did against Aston Villa over the last ten-twelve years will have any impact on whether he starts or not, as it should be.

That said, I think he will start. But for other reasons.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
I think we may just get that win this week. Got Dunk and March back and Welbeck has had a bit more time to get up to speed in training. Hopefully the England games take their toll on Grealish. A win would be a nice birthday present for Dunk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Predict not only will we lose. But heavily. Can we just list the excuses now?
Grealish is best player in world currently
They thrashed Liverpool
Var is a joke
We had 89% possession
We had 423 shots, and one was also on target
Their keeper was world class
On another day, we’d have scored those 3 penalties
Where did the ref get those extra 10mins of time from?
We played well after conceding those two early goals
Dunk is a marked man and the ref should never sent him off

What else have I missed out?!

Be patient we’re a work in progress.......HOUSE.....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Excitement building. Looking forwards to the deluge of WTF? posts when the team sheets come out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
WTF ........ he can’t be serious with that can he ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Like that line up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
126795414_10158872637253139_3182396060277253168_o.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports