Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My optimism glass is definitely half empty.

Predict another toothless "didn't they play well" performance.
A glass half empty has room for more beer!

Saying that, I don't think we will get anything more than a draw and hoping we manage to get that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ll take a bad performance, 12% possession, 1 shot on target and a win.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm optimistic all the indicators are against us but these are the sort of games we pull of a surprise 2-1 to the good guys, but I am only hoping not expecting.

We can't double up on Grealish as that will leave too much space for Barkley so Ben White to show his class by covering Grealish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our performance was much better than the result suggests. We'll go and take the positives from this afternoon.

“We were amazing against Chelsea, ManU and Spurs. This is the best football any Albion team has ever played. The results will come, we’ll finish comfortably mid-table. Anyway, I’m out of NSC tonight, the bedwetters make me sick”.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To save time would it be easier to just cut & paste everyone's posts from all the other match threads where we played quite well but didn't get the result? :timmy:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Surprised given Villas fantastic start they're odds against to beat us. We have to find a way of Keep Ng Jack quiet, quite literally unplayable at the moment. They do have a bit of a defensive Achilles heel but on recent showings are we good enough to capitalise? My Villa supporting relative thinks we're in for an absolute shoeing. I think it'll be tighter but still can't see us picking anything up.

:nono:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Don't feel too good about this one, miserable git in me says 2-0 to Villa but the ever optimistic blue and white striped eyes see a cheeky smash and grab for the Seagulls with a hard earned 2-1 win, obviously a goal for Villa as we always concede and the boy Grealish always scores against us.You never know...it's a funny ol' game!

It's a toughie, most tabloid predictions have us to lose. Let's prove them wrong

Amazingly Lawrenson had us as a draw. Villa lost their last two home games and thinks we are still playing ok despite not getting the results. (Where have I heard that before)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Predict not only will we lose. But heavily. Can we just list the excuses now?
Grealish is best player in world currently
They thrashed Liverpool
Var is a joke
We had 89% possession
We had 423 shots, and one was also on target
Their keeper was world class
On another day, we’d have scored those 3 penalties
Where did the ref get those extra 10mins of time from?
We played well after conceding those two early goals
Dunk is a marked man and the ref should never sent him off

What else have I missed out?!

1364438096814.jpg We will learn from this. :yawn:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Records are there to be broken

[tweet]1330103668213907456[/tweet]

Oh.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I think we will do a jolly good show , and MOTD will focus on poor exhausted sock boys lack of impact rather than the dazzling display from a #teamlikebrighton .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we will do a jolly good show , and MOTD will focus on poor exhausted sock boys lack of impact rather than the dazzling display from a #teamlikebrighton .

#OnLast.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Worried. Jack Grealish is possibly the best player in the league on current form and he ALWAYS scores against us :down:

Hopefully three games in a week is too much for him to shine today. Has been the standout player pretty well every time we play them

I’ll be happy with a point before a ball is kicked

Sit Ben White on him. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here