Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've included us in my Lucky 15 today , never bet on us to win or lose so I'll take the point and move on to our next viable 3 pointer next week .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr asked for my score prediction:-

"34 - 12"
"At least we score 12"
"Yeah but we were 12 nil up".
"With 34 minutes to go?"

My work here is done.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Got a bad feeling about today, think sock boy will give our midfield the run around.

Ben White in his first season at this level and playing in an unfamiliar position isn't quite there yet. Would love to see Alzate start again, think Bissouma looks better when they're together.

Got a bad feeling about today, think sock boy will give our midfield the run around.

Ben White in his first season at this level and playing in an unfamiliar position isn't quite there yet. Would love to see Alzate start again, think Bissouma looks better when they're together.

Only natural. 4 wins in 2020 is awful & there doesn’t appear any light at the end of the tunnel either.

All pretty depressing. If we can’t win today perhaps a really big thumping could be the best option for something to change?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I woke up a bit pessimistic about the game but now I've thought about I'm a bit more optimistic.
We have had a break to do a bit more training,Welbeck has had more time to get fitter,it's dunks birthday,villas defence is not great and my spellcheck keeps turning grealish into freakish.
I'm going for a Brighton win 2-4

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Lol

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sit Ben White on him. :)

I fear Ben White is not yet good or experienced enough to nullify the PL’’s current best player. But, he is probably our most mobile defender, along with Lamptey. A good time for Ben to live up to the Leed’s hype though :smile:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feel good about this.

We are a really good side, just need a bit of luck and that will come eventually. Hopefully two weeks working together will have improved us even further as well two more weeks for Lallana and Welbeck to work on their fitness and integrate even more into the side as they are going to be crucial players for us.

Grealish is amazing but he’s due an off day. He can’t be brilliant every single game and he’s going to be up against one of his toughest opponents today in Lamptey.

2.0 to the good guys.

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think we will do a jolly good show , and MOTD will focus on poor exhausted sock boys lack of impact rather than the dazzling display from a #teamlikebrighton .

I think sock boy is very one footed. Let Alzate mark his right leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont think any particular midfielder will get the job to deal with Grealish but I do think that his presence pretty much nullifies Lamptey, which is worthy of a tear or two. Grealish mainly operates on the left wing and allowing Lamptey to play more as RM/RW instead of RB with one of the CB:s covering up the space behind him, like in most of the previous games, probably cant happen today.

Key to winning today is probably to be more direct going forward but to attack with fewer players to prevent their dangerous counter attacks.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We dominate the first half, miss a few sitters but ultimately don't test the keeper. We then stink the place out in the second half before Grealish scores an 89th minute winner, but we 'learn a valuable lesson' along the way. Four different threads denouncing the 'bedwetters' and proclaiming we will 'batter someone soon' are posted within an hour of full time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here