Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Newcastle player did to Chelsea exactly what Kane did to Llalana and guess what. No decking penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He’s in the side for a reason. We know it’s not pace and defending. But he is a playmaker, can pick a pass/cross out of the blue and occasionally scores.

I think Pascal Gross' defending is a large aspect of his play. Plus statistically he is more creative than our other midfielders.

We may well lose today, but we will score at least two goals.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Some might say, Glenn Murray for one, Pascal has gone a long way to keeping the team in the Premier League.

Not the worst £3m the club has spent.

Plus, opponents STILL keep falling for his slow-mo Cruyff drag backs! It's a joy to watch - For that reason I'm IN!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He’s in the side for a reason. We know it’s not pace and defending. But he is a playmaker, can pick a pass/cross out of the blue and occasionally scores.

He can do that but he does defend well higher up the pitch. His pressing stats are decent. And he can take a good dead ball

My preferred team would have had Alzate in but Gross has done nothing wrong and I'm ok with it. Veltman hard done by though.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Plus he has the best Cruyff turn in the Premier League. The disguise he puts on it means that he can apply it in super-slow-mo which makes it look so damn classy.

It is amazing that so many suckers still fall for that routine. And yet they do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus, opponents STILL keep falling for his slow-mo Cruyff drag backs! It's a joy to watch - For that reason I'm IN!

My team talk would be:-

'Grossy go out there and do 3 Cruyff turns as quickly as possible, then you're off so I can get the winning team on the pitch".

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Gross will be a key part of getting some decent passes into Welbeck and give us a bit more accuracy from corners and free kicks and will bolster us defensively when we are not in possession.happy 100 th game Pascal.:albion2:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
My team talk would be:-

'Grossy go out there and do 3 Cruyff turns as quickly as possible, then you're off so I can get the winning team on the pitch".

My team talk would be ,Grealish is going to go down several times anyway so make sure he has good reason to do so

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Gross has played in the last two games and done ok. Why the surprise when he is picked?

Just filled with irrational hatred.

As usual I have no idea why a 'supporter' feels the need to act this way, but they do and that's fine.

I see him as direct competition with Lallana in the advanced midfielder role. He's been ok individually but I think we lose something when he plays a deeper role, his defensive play isn't strong enough IMHO and we look weaker for it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Joe Cole’s cap is massively oversized for his small nut. It’s going to put me right off the BT pre-match build up. Curses!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If I was Veltman I’d be providing evidence i haven't gone near his wife
Another big mistake leading to a goal in the Dutch game during week. Dutch fans definitely not keen. Has done ok for us but not really had a team attack us in the last few games.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We dominate the first half, miss a few sitters but ultimately don't test the keeper. We then stink the place out in the second half before Grealish scores an 89th minute winner, but we 'learn a valuable lesson' along the way. Four different threads denouncing the 'bedwetters' and proclaiming we will 'batter someone soon' are posted within an hour of full time.

Anti bedwetters announce that they’re taking a 24 hour break from NSC to swerve the ungrateful (to TB) posters ...... then sneak back on, posting ten minutes later.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Big test today. Grealish is absolutely on form. Watkins looks a real threat.
But you fancy chances against Mings et al. Gotta take them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here