Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa team bus attacked

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The facts you’re stating are the same ones I’ve just debunked. Anyone from the ground could get to that spot and only Burnley fans would have a motive. Take a look at yourself FFS.
Eh…that’s bllx you havnt debunked anything …I’ve stated the facts as known and supported another poster who suggested an alternative..all you’ve done is posted assumptions ….and FFS yourself …..who do you think you are

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn't stuff on snapchat get deleted automatically after a short time?

Not from Snapchat servers itself though. They’ll know the account, linked details, geo location - tally up with the mobile provider and bang

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can we settle on "People of Burnley", or will someone chip in that someone may have travelled from <insert another town here> just to lob a brick at a team bus?
We can. Burnley has a population of around 90,000. 10% of those are Asian (I.e. not welcome) and attendance today was nearly 22k. So there’s around a one in four chance that the brick luzzer was at the game. If not they were definitely related to the people at the game. :moo:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't stuff on snapchat get deleted automatically after a short time?
There's a somewhat famouse clip of Chris D'Elia finding out that you can save snapchats. Chris D'Elia was accused of grooming underage girls using the app.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suspect living in Burnley is not a pleasant experience but you can’t endanger people’s lives by throwing stuff at vehicles. Hope the perpetrators get caught and jailed .
Jail? I’d send them back home to live in Burnley. That’ll teach them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There's a somewhat famouse clip of Chris D'Elia finding out that you can save snapchats. Chris D'Elia was accused of grooming underage girls using the app.

Thanks. Not one but 2 bakers at the branch of Tesco I work at sent dick pics to female staff using snapchat. One resigned immediately but it took them 6 months to sack the second one due to lack of proof. Dreadful.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thanks. Not one but 2 bakers at the branch of Tesco I work at sent dick pics to female staff using snapchat. 1 resigned immediately but it took them 6 months to sack the second one due to lack of proof. Dreadful.
I read that quickly and thought you said " I resigned immediately". Might be worth an edit...??

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Two home games down, two examples of Burnley fans being utter knobbers.

Aston Villa's team bus was attacked as the team were being driven back to the Midlands following their victory at Burnley.​
The incident took place at junction 10 of the M65 after Sunday's Premier League match, which Villa won 3-1.​
Reports say there was significant damage to the bus after an object was thrown at the windscreen.​
In a statement Burnley said the club are "relieved to hear nobody was hurt in the incident".​
"We strongly condemn this behaviour and will support Lancashire Police in their efforts to find whoever was responsible," the statement added.​
The incident happened around two miles away from Burnley's Turf Moor ground.​
Not all Burnley fans. The people who did it are to blame, nobody else.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not all Burnley fans. The people who did it are to blame, nobody else.
Until we have definitive proof that the whole Burnley fanbase didn't join hands (not in a gay way, obviously) and simultaneously drop a brick (a building brick, not a giant turd down the toilet) then I am retaining an open mind as to who may be to blame here.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You don't have to be a Burnley Football Club supporter to be a racist in that area. It's the area and some of it's inhabitants who are the problem, not the football Club.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Until we have definitive proof that the whole Burnley fanbase didn't join hands (not in a gay way, obviously) and simultaneously drop a brick (a building brick, not a giant turd down the toilet) then I am retaining an open mind as to who may be to blame here.
I will hold you personally responsible for any knobhead behaviour by BHA fans then I guess.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just to be clear the brick was thrown according to police (as per bbc website) 😉

Oh and let us be reminded what happened in the previous home game …someone will love this bit ..also from the bbc website

The match was Burnley's second home game of the season. After their opening match against Premier League champions Manchester City, Burnley issued a statement condemning the "unacceptable behaviour" of some supporters for incidents including items being thrown and fans getting on to the pitch.

City defender Rico Lewis was struck by a lighter thrown from the crowd while a fan was restrained when they tried to get on to the playing area.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I will hold you personally responsible for any knobhead behaviour by BHA fans then I guess.

I just think you're displaying a bizarre level of pedantry here.

Of course I, like anyone, will be well aware that not every single Burnley supporter is to blame for everything that any individual Burnley supporter may have done at any point. I'm well aware there will be decent law-abiding Burnley fans who will be appalled what some fans get up to in the name of their club.

And there will be things that some Albion fans do that are utterly knobbish. And some people, maybe fans of other clubs, will point and say "look at what Brighton fans did/said/whatever". I really don't care that I come under the umbrella term of "Brighton fans".

But if fighting the good fight of decent Burnley fans is a cause you're into - fill your boots!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So I’m wrong about not all Burnley fans being to blame. Ok then. And two Brighton fans agree with you. Ok.
Yes you are.

“White Lives Matter” banner during Covid. Fans next to Johnny and Warren shouting things like “f**k off you poof” every time we make a challenge when listening to games up there. Worst pubs in Lancashire. Electing the BNP. Throwing missiles and invading the pitch on their first game back this season. Shit club, shit fans, still living in 1977.

And that’s the culture of the football club which can be changed if desired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here