Get a life and get off his back !!!!

Attachments

• doom.bmp
    42.2 KB · Views: 196

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Can't say he's a procen goalscorer at this level yet - 2 of his goals have been penalties and one was a tap in. However I think that given time he could become a good player at this level but does not have the pace/strength/touch to go any further.

A great tap in from 25 yards:facepalm:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If you'd seen him at Cardiff you wouldn't have started this thread. two goals, good on the ball, closed down the oppo, put CMS through 1 on 1 and was involved in the Hoskins goal. Put it another way, at the other end were Earnshaw and Miller and you wouldn't have wanted to swop Barnes for either of them.

Eh? I love Barnes and think who ever doesn't rate him hasn't got a footballing brain :lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Eh? I love Barnes and think who ever doesn't rate him hasn't got a footballing brain :lolol:

Then why did you start this thread and allow the anti-Barnes contingent the opportunity to run him down yet again?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Think he has improved a lot since last year. His hold up/link up and strength are so much better. Not sure how effective he will be out on the right like he was on Saturday though. Never likely to beat a man or anything.

A few people have said this but he actually played this exact same roll last season. It's just a bit more noticeable now because we're playing sides who keep the ball better. He actually does it really well. We don't want him there when we get possession back, because it's obvious he's not a wide man, but from a defensive view point he's fine.

A lot of people harped on last season about how good Murray was defensivly because he won headers for us when he came back from set pieces and although that was true, he wasn't so good at filling in wide when we didn't have the ball. One of the reasons earlier in the season why he wasn't getting selected I think and one of Barnes qualities that is not immediately obvious.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You dont start giving out three year contracts when you dont know where you will be in three years. If we were to get promotion this season and that is a very big if and then we were to stay in the prem like Stoke, Fulham, Wigan, Bolton etc....Then hardly any of the current squad would still be here in three years, if any.

Just signed Harley on a 3 year contract......

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think Barnesy has improved alot since last season, his hold up play and his linking up with CMS is fantastic. But I don't understand why he is playing out on the right wing though.

He's not. He's filling in there when we don't have possession. We don't have a right midfielder, as we have three centre mids.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Filling in there, when he is a out and out striker? Calderon is not getting enough support out on the right when Barnes doesnt chase back.

It's the same system we've played for the last year mate. He is not an out and out striker, works very hard for the team. We play a lop sided formation.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It's the same system we've played for the last year mate. He is not an out and out striker, works very hard for the team. We play a lop sided formation.

I know it was Simon, but I still don't like him out there. Espically in the Championship, teams are going to find us out a little bit more.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I know it was Simon, but I still don't like him out there. Espically in the Championship, teams are going to find us out a little bit more.

Well yes, it's something that sides will look to exploit, but it works for us. Especially as Calderon is brilliant at getting forward down that flank so removes the need for a winger. Defensivly the right centre mid (Sparrow/Vincelot) can move across and cover there and Barnes drop in centrally instead. He's been doing it for over a year now although its one of those things that often goes unnoticed.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well yes, it's something that sides will look to exploit, but it works for us. Especially as Calderon is brilliant at getting forward down that flank so removes the need for a winger. Defensivly the right centre mid (Sparrow/Vincelot) can move across and cover there and Barnes drop in centrally instead. He's been doing it for over a year now although its one of those things that often goes unnoticed.

This - does shit loads of work in front of the midfield and will flourish with Harley behind him

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Managerial genius Gus has 3 good strikers: Barnes, CMS & Hoskins. When the 4th is added this month, that department will be complete.

Glad he parted with Baz, Holroyd, Sandaza & Wood.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
scumhampton's Ricky Lambert would be great alongside barnes and cms. CMS on the right, Noone on the left, and barnes/lambert down the middle

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
give the guy a chance. 20 goals last season, already on the score sheet this season.

its just his nonchelant (sp) style aka Berbatov that i think people dont agree with.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
For Christ's sakes, I can't believe anyone would want to question his ability at this time!

He's 21 years old, scored 20 goals last season, and is second top scorer in this division already. What on earth do people find to criticise? Give the guy a break!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here