Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Mate because you can play football it does not mean you have a brain and know anything about the game (not that Im saying Aspinall doesnt, as I dont listen to him and so I dont know). You will find that say the current Real Madrid manager would say tat he knows a thing about football

You could argue Pep Guardiola does too...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The wipping boy for the boo boys.

You lot are utter twats.

Trying looking at some of the other players who don't step up to the plate and the manager for playing a system which hampers attacking intent.

Top scorer last season playing outwide, allways in the thick of it and has the balls to take the penalties.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
its difficult to see how he can miss those chances and still be MOM.

Think it tells us quite a bit actually.....He was up for it and had a go even if he did miss whereas nobody else had a crack at goal ....i'd get Caskey back before Oxford turn him into a league 2 player .he'd be good on the bench played great against saints and stoke!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Barnes is a striker. I thought we signed quality defenders so we wouldnt need to rely on him LW especially with our wingers.

Down to Poyet this issue

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm no Barnes hater either but if there is one starting 11 player who could do with being replaced it's him. Seriously, I really don't think he brings enough to the side and his position could and should be strengthened. I don't want him bombed out but it's getting silly now

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jbut his work rate was good today
Oh great! I stated after Saturday that this was CMS' problem, love his effort but in reality not technically good enough. Now you tell me that we have got 2 of them!:eek:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I'm no Barnes hater either but if there is one starting 11 player who could do with being replaced it's him. Seriously, I really don't think he brings enough to the side and his position could and should be strengthened. I don't want him bombed out but it's getting silly now

Perfectly put. None of it's personal, he simply isn't good enough for a team with the ambitions of promotion. Same can be said of Dicker.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mate because you can play football it does not mean you have a brain and know anything about the game (not that Im saying Aspinall doesnt, as I dont listen to him and so I dont know). You will find that say the current Real Madrid manager would say tat he knows a thing about football
I'd say for all of his problems, the one thing Aspinall has is a good footballing brain. I trust his judgement. Missing a penalty is criminal, but it was a decent save by all accounts so seeing as he's a Brighton player I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So who should be playing instead of Barnes then?

Where is the better option?

Ashley Barnes was our top scorer last year.... he has proven himself far more at this level than anyone else in the squad.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'd say for all of his problems, the one thing Aspinall has is a good footballing brain. I trust his judgement. Missing a penalty is criminal, but it was a decent save by all accounts so seeing as he's a Brighton player I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with this. Aspinall knows what he is talking about.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I heard he was more or less MOM for 5Live and SCR. Keyboard warriors know best.

But he fell over when could of got a Pen first half (after the challenge) went down easy twice more when in good position missed a pen and then missed the target in time added on when should hsve scored. Is he a striker or not? Just asking as that whats his profile says?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Oh for Gods sake. Barnes bashing is back on the menu is it? If you're going to single out players pointing the finger at Barnes is the wrong answer.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Very poor indeed. It's all very well the radio saying he was MOTM tonight, but the stats tell me that his goal ratio this season is 1 every 6 games. If we harbour realistic play off hopes then a new striker is required.

Then you're reading the wrong stats, since he has three goals and we've played 12 games.

Feb 14, 2010
So who should be playing instead of Barnes then?

Where is the better option?

Ashley Barnes was our top scorer last year.... he has proven himself far more at this level than anyone else in the squad.

I think the point is that Barnes AND CMS failed to score goals consistently last season. Gus has to make the call whether that will happen again. If he thinks it will then if the transfer cash is there then the answer is obvious. If not, then you are right, we go with what we have unless there are others at the club who could have a chance.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
We are not scoring goals. Who is to blame if not the strikers?

I think cms will benefit from a better strike partner. Barnes could do a job as a squad player.

As previously said GK was mom. El-abd is good at a lot of things but he gets out thought sometimes and leaves K to bail him out.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The wipping boy for the boo boys.

You lot are utter twats.

Trying looking at some of the other players who don't step up to the plate and the manager for playing a system which hampers attacking intent.

Top scorer last season playing outwide, allways in the thick of it and has the balls to take the penalties.

I kind of agree with you but if Gus insists on playing such a formation then Barnes needs to be replaced. Playing him out wide is insane. If you want to play that system then like I said, he is the first of the starting 11 who's position could be strengthened. Blame the manager, blame Barnes I don't care but what to me is crystal clear is that that position needs looking into!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here