Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Amazing conclusion from those not at the game. It'll be interesting to see how much better than Barnes glamour boy CMS has played tonight.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
People who start threads like this that haven't even made the effort to go to the game are utter ***** in my view.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His goals to chances ratio is poor.

The whole teams goals to chances ratio is piss poor at the moment.... It will change...
Another good performance, away at the league leaders, definitely deserved a point.

Yes we need an out and out striker.... Ashley Barnes is not that player, no point blaming him for that.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I still prefer him over CMS and he's a good young player for the squad but perhaps he shouldn't be our main striker

Feb 14, 2010
Very poor indeed. It's all very well the radio saying he was MOTM tonight, but the stats tell me that his goal ratio this season is 1 every 6 games. If we harbour realistic play off hopes then a new striker is required.

Its not just Barnes, its CMS as well when judged over this and last season. Together, the two of them have failed to convert chances and then gone on a good run of scoring. Together however they are not consistent and bottom line is that they failed to score the goals for promotion this season and Gus has to decide whether he trusts them to score the goals to take us up this year. If the answer is no, they wont, then its cheerio and hello to someone new.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What do they know? They are merely watching the match live in the stadium.
I know its mental, and what does Aspinall know about football anyway. He was only a professional player for 20 years and has spent the last 12 years as a scout. Barnes out. Cantor out, Aspinall out. Cock out. Web cam on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes will do for me, never hides, gets stuck in. Sounds like he was MOM even with the saved penalty. We need a break not a ready made scapegoat.

I despair at the nastiness of Brighton fans sometimes

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Wasn't there couldn't tell you. I know that despite the fact he is played as defensive left wing back attacking midfielder he has a very good goals to games ratio.

D

Deleted member 18477

FFS Barnes! Well done for missing ANOTHER penalty!!

CMS doesn't miss penalties...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Amazing conclusion from those not at the game. It'll be interesting to see how much better than Barnes glamour boy CMS has played tonight.

I agree. I wrote my post in this thread based on what I've seen this season and last, rather than what happened tonight.

It's amazing what conclusions people draw. I don't know if you saw it, but in the official match thread someone was complaining our players have fallen over more than Leicester players! Genuinely amazing.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Just leaving Leicester, to be fair the best team won. Barnes is taking a lot of stick and some deserved but his work rate was good today. We just don't look like scoring, quite a few crosses into the box but defenders won the ball easily. Worse game I seen Bridcutt have. We look like a side devoid of confidence.

Feb 14, 2010
I know its mental, and what does Aspinall know about football anyway. He was only a professional player for 20 years and has spent the last 12 years as a scout. Barnes out. Cantor out, Aspinall out. Cock out. Web cam on.

Mate because you can play football it does not mean you have a brain and know anything about the game (not that Im saying Aspinall doesnt, as I dont listen to him and so I dont know). You will find that say the current Real Madrid manager would say tat he knows a thing about football

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He failed to score, and as Brian Clough said, "I pay you to score goals, now get in the box" and he has not scored since when as against the chances he has had? That my friend is and always will be the bottom line for a forward

Wow, if only he had the chance of playing up front instead of playing wide on the left wing. He's not getting the ball in the same opportunity as he would do if he was up front, his runs are from deeper and he doesn't have it his own way.

It's interesting how he is again the scapegoat rather than CMS who was our striker today, but we were away from home against top of the league so 4-5-1 is to be expected

I'd like to see him play up front with Vicente behind him as he seems the best at reading what the little magician is going to do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here