Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashamed to be an Ablion fan today

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
We're losing to Chesterfield and Blackpool at home, really time to let go of losing to the likes of Sheffield United, Southampton and Watford.......

...Millwall, Luton, Crewe, Norwich, Leicester, Coventry, Plymouth, Stoke, Wolves...

D

Deleted member 2719

SJ's Love Monkey said:
Be disappointed yes, be angry sure, but NEVER be ashamed of your club, lets face it you are swimming against the tide constantly, whatever manager is in charge is on a hiding to nothing.

Too right i am ashamed of some of our fans for those remarks.

Come on supa fans fans where are ya!

Sep 12, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
Oh I made a spelling mistake how fecking hilarious :rolleyes:

fairpoint, people on this board seem to only get excited about fixtures and speeling mistakes.

spot that one?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Dandyman said:
...Millwall, Luton, Crewe, Norwich, Leicester, Coventry, Plymouth, Stoke, Wolves...

Stoke was IRRELEVANT :jester:

Dandyman said:
Yep - and do you really want me to measure that list against all the League 1 teams we've lost to this season?

I find it quite remarkable that some measure a loss against the likes of say, Stoke, as somehow equivalent to the likes of, say, Yeovil.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you actually ashamed or concerned. I'm certainly more of the latter than the former.

I'm concerned that many of the small hard-core support we have are becoming disenfranchised to the point of staying away. From my outpost here in Somerset I've already heard people, today, say they will not return until Wilkins has gone. Rational? Probably not, but the number of people prepared to actually pay, on a match by match basis, to watch the Albion is shrinking game by game. Cashflow at the Albion must be horrendous right now. We all know from the oh-so-early "please, please, please renew your season ticket" requests that we get that season ticket money gets the club through the end of one season, the Summer and then starts to dry up. Without 2 or 3 thousand paying punters the Albion will be struggling.

And that's where the vicious circle begins. No money for squad tweaks, more poor results, less people come. And on we go.

We'd now be in the relegation zone if it were not for Rotherham giving us a 10 point head start.

These are worrying times for all concerned and connected to the Albion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Today was completley unacceptable.

From the players and Manager.

I'm not going to repeat what I've already said on another thread but Wilkins is over complicating the way we play.

What's wrong with playing 4 4 2 ?

He's brought in a striker and plays him on his own with our other striker 50 plus yards away.

El Abd was useless - not often I've said that about one of our own players but he was shit.

And playing Mayo, Chippy and Hammond as a 3 in Midfield ?

We need 3 players minimum in January but by then we could be bottom with more performances like that.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Repugnant Toad said:
That's clearly not true - you can argue about whether he might be doing better now, but you're kidding yourself if you think McGhee's position was anything other than totally untenable ... he'd lost the crowd, and the players were hardly giving their all for him.

There's no way he could have kept his job.

He had lost SECTIONS of the crowd, I for one was still 100% behind him. Wilkins has lost more of the crowd already than McGhee ever did.

Sep 18, 2003
Got work tomorrow - going to be bad again.

We are probably paying lawyers the same as we are paying the team.

f***ing LDC

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins acknowledged how shit we are which is good. I do not apologise for saying I was ashamed to be a BHAFC fan yesterday because , er , I was.

NSC is sometimes a " I am a bigger fan than you " forum where if anyone says anything critical you get the old " I went to Gillingham did you ? ".

For fecks sake move on, if we measure this club by Gillingham, 10 years ago and " I went to Hereford " we will never achieve anything. By comparing whether we were more shite yesterday or at home to Darlington 10 years ago is a sad measure of where this club is going.

I do not apologise to Wilkins for shouting out " that was fecking rubbish " because it was. Don't ever doubt my love and passion for this club and its a bit rich being slagged off by someone who wasn't even at the game.

I pay my money and that was totally unacceptable. Unless Wilkins can turn it round within the next 3 games he should be releaved of his duties or for an experienced hand to come in and work side by side, bit like McGhee and Wilkins really.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Uncle Spielberg said:
Wilkins acknowledged how shit we are which is good. I do not apologise for saying I was ashamed to be a BHAFC fan yesterday because , er , I was.

NSC is sometimes a " I am a bigger fan than you " forum where if anyone says anything critical you get the old " I went to Gillingham did you ? ".

For fecks sake move on, if we measure this club by Gillingham, 10 years ago and " I went to Hereford " we will never achieve anything. By comparing whether we were more shite yesterday or at home to Darlington 10 years ago is a sad measure of where this club is going.

I do not apologise to Wilkins for shouting out " that was fecking rubbish " because it was. Don't ever doubt my love and passion for this club and its a bit rich being slagged off by someone who wasn't even at the game.

I pay my money and that was totally unacceptable. Unless Wilkins can turn it round within the next 3 games he should be releaved of his duties or for an experienced hand to come in and work side by side, bit like McGhee and Wilkins really.

But haven't the 'super' fans always excused Dick Tights numerous mistakes with 'but he saved the club 10 years ago' ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight should stay as chairman, he gets things right 95% of the time.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
5% = Wood, Hinshelwood, Wilkins

£ 10 for the 1st person to notice the theme there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I never have been, and never will be ashamed to call myself an Albion fan.

This morning is not a good morning, though.

I came in to work expecting the Saints posse to give me a hard time. All I got from them was silence - they were embarrassed to say anything. They had all seen the game and obviously thought the situation was beyond taking the piss out of.

Once I engaged them in discussion all I got was; 'Mm, that wasn't very good was it' and 'How come you had little kids playing?'.

I would far far rather they had all just taken the piss to be honest.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
hans kraay fan club said:

This morning is not a good morning, though.

I came in to work expecting the Saints posse to give me a hard time. All I got from them was silence - they were embarrassed to say anything. They had all seen the game and obviously thought the situation was beyond taking the piss out of.

Once I engaged them in discussion all I got was; 'Mm, that wasn't very good was it' and 'How come you had little kids playing?'.

I would far far rather they had all just taken the piss to be honest.

When they are pitying you and feel sorry that is when it hits home how bad it is

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Maybe I am not a " proper " fan then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Insinuation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here