Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ascension Islands Asylum centre location.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Whilst I tentatively agree with a lot of what you’re saying I’d be interested to know what you would suggest the protocol would be once they have formally claimed asylum, where would they go, what do they do, whilst waiting for it to be granted?

That’s just over 34,000 people btw

There were 34,354 asylum applications in the UK (main applicants only) in the year ending September 2019, 22% more than the previous year and the highest level since the year ending June 2016, around the time of the European migration crisis”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it was higher than other similar countries than it could be a concern but it's actually lower so don't understand the issue

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The problem of asylum seekers and migration as a result of war is never going to end and no one country can resolve the issues alone, currently these people are ushered along from one counties boarders to the next as once they cross that boarder they become somone else's problems

In my view the issue of asylum seekers can only be resolved with the efforts of the UN people need to be encouraged not to make these perils journeys but to remain closer to home through the establishment of safe havens (not refugee camps) but towns under the control of the UN where health care education of children jobs can be found and asylum processing can take place, where ever possible people should be encouraged to return home when it's safe to do so

It's all part of the mess we find ourselves in that during a time when to resolve these huge issues unity is required instead we (by we I mean humanity in general) find ourselves isolating building walls, gated communities, blaming others while out there in space is a great big bit of rock hurtling towards us

Again I agree but I’m asking you what would you do with them when they land here?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I’ll ask you as well Randy, what would you do with the AS’s when they land here?

I think they way they are being dealt with is perfectly fine, as opposed to sending them to ascension / Guantanamo

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Again I agree but I’m asking you what would you do with them when they land here?

until then we have no choice other than provide shelter food medical aid education pending the outcome of their asylum case but not detention centres ships or far flung islands these are fellow humans who have until proven done nothing but escape oppression, wars and are in fear of death, we take the second lowest amount of refugees in the whole of Euroupe

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
until then we have no choice other than provide shelter food medical aid education pending the outcome of their asylum case but not detention centres ships or far flung islands these are fellow humans who have until proven done nothing but escape oppression, wars and are in fear of death, we take the second lowest amount of refugees in the whole of Euroupe

Would you like us to be dealing with more?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Would you like us to be dealing with more?

Yes I would like us to take our fair share but I also would like us to spend more on foreign aid scrap nucular wepons reduce our army increase our navel and airforce so we can defend our shores and offer relief aid when needed.

But I would like some of the 50% of England owned by 1% to be distributed in a more egalitarian way, I like Boris's idea of protecting 30% of land but in reality we the tax payers will be funding the 1% and to add to this the Tories are pushing through new laws to reduce public access to the land we will be paying for, last year the country gave James Dyson who has been buying vast tracts of the country side in recent years £75 million in subsidees, the Duke of Norfolk he of Arundal Castle owns enough of Sussex for the equivalent of 22,000 Amex stadiums.

I don't want to open flood gates but I do want us to be a thoughtful nation a beacon of tolerance and fairness I would much prefer us to reflect the Nordic countries than the United States

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes I would like us to take our fair share but I also would like us to spend more on foreign aid scrap nucular wepons reduce our army increase our navel and airforce so we can defend our shores and offer relief aid when needed.

But I would like some of the 50% of England owned by 1% to be distributed in a more egalitarian way, I like Boris's idea of protecting 30% of land but in reality we the tax payers will be funding the 1% and to add to this the Tories are pushing through new laws to reduce public access to the land we will be paying for, last year the country gave James Dyson who has been buying vast tracts of the country side in recent years £75 million in subsidees, the Duke of Norfolk he of Arundal Castle owns enough of Sussex for the equivalent of 22,000 Amex stadiums.

I don't want to open flood gates but I do want us to be a thoughtful nation a beacon of tolerance and fairness I would much prefer us to reflect the Nordic countries than the United States

Did you know that 97% of British land is inaccessible to the public.
That’s made up of;

Private housing (fair enough)
Landed gentry
Corporate owned land
Royal estates
Municipal land (again, fair enough)

Jan 30, 2008

What's an acceptable figure in your eyes , 7000 and counting :rolleyes:
Regards
DG

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Did you know that 97% of British land is inaccessible to the public.
That’s made up of;

Private housing (fair enough)
Landed gentry
Corporate owned land
Royal estates
Municipal land (again, fair enough)

Yes and did you know that if that land were distributed to each person living here amounts to an area the size of Parliment square

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Thank you for taking the time to write this, it must be frustrating living in country where in main the majority wouldn’t agree with you?

[emoji106]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes and did you know that if that land were distributed to each person living here amounts to an area the size of Parliment square

Interesting .
I forgot farming. I’d be interested in the % breakdown. Either way, we have plenty of land and resources to accommodate a good number of asylum seekers if we wanted to. No need for ideas about island camps.

Jan 30, 2008

Just remember Charity begins at home
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
No set number some years we have room for more some less 2015-2016 we had 26,300 excess deaths 2017-2018 we had 50,100 excess deaths

Oh ok, just make it up as we go along sounds a great idea, why didn't someone think of that one earlier :lolol:
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Duke of Norfolk also owns a large part of Sheffield city centre. Arundel Gate, part of Sheffield Uni, quite a few pubs called the Norfolk Arms and leases held for housing, One of the Dukes built a large mansion called The Farm. You'll also find a Howard Street and Fitzalan Square.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just remember Charity begins at home
Regards
DF

Please tell us how you have donated to charities at home?

The Martlets hospice?
The Rockinghorse Appeal?
Cancer Research?
British Heart Foundation?
Macmillan Nurses?
Guide Dogs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here