Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ascension Islands Asylum centre location.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Duke of Norfolk also owns a large part of Sheffield city centre. Arundel Gate, part of Sheffield Uni, quite a few pubs called the Norfolk Arms and leases held for housing, One of the Dukes built a large mansion called The Farm.

The historical Dukes can trace this land ownership back to the battle of Boswoth field where the first of these Dukes was employed as the Kings holder of the purse which effectively ment he was the Kings drinking mate who would organise and pay for a right good knees up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The historical Dukes can trace this land ownership back to the battle of Boswoth field where the first of these Dukes was employed as the Kings holder of the purse which effectively ment he was the Kings drinking mate who would organise and pay for a right good knees up

Cronyism was rife back then too. The really sad thing is that the rich elite have managed to persuade the working classes that all their problems, financial and employment wise, is all the fault of those foreigners, when it is down to greedy billionaires giving stuff away to their mates.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cronyism was rife back then too. The really sad thing is that the rich elite have managed to persuade the working classes that all their problems, financial and employment wise, is all the fault of those foreigners, when it is down to greedy billionaires giving stuff away to their mates.

I agree plus the elite or establishment were to a large part sidelined after WW2 when returning to some normality people wanted something radically diffrent so in came labour the NHS social security pensions payed holidays council estates comprehensive education cradel to death society, so popular was it that future Governments of all persuasions fell over themselves trying to prove they were the guardians of this, that was until Mrs Thatcher since then it's been chipped away bit by bit to the point that the establishment are so inboldened that they can do almost anything they want with impunity and sadly that includes the way we as a nation treat asylum seekers

Jan 30, 2008
Please tell us how you have donated to charities at home?

The Martlets hospice?
The Rockinghorse Appeal?
Cancer Research?
British Heart Foundation?
Macmillan Nurses?
Guide Dogs?

All worthy causes where as living in a hotel at the tax payers expense isn't
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All worthy causes where as living in a hotel at the tax payers expense isn't
Regards
DF

I pay taxes. You don’t. I’m happy for my money to pay for a hotel room for an asylum seeker. If you ever get a job and pay tax, your opinion might be worth something. In the meantime, you’ve no business mouthing off about what taxpayer’s money should or shouldn’t be spent on.

Jan 30, 2008
I pay taxes. You don’t. I’m happy for my money to pay for a hotel room for an asylum seeker. If you ever get a job and pay tax, your opinion might be worth something. In the meantime, you’ve no business mouthing off about what taxpayer’s money should or shouldn’t be spent on.

Epic :lolol:
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
FFS ,Where does international obligation say you can have a hotel at the expense of the country of origin :shrug:
Regards
DF

Although your post doesn't make sense, this may answer your query.

The UK has a statutory obligation to provide destitute asylum seekers with temporary accommodation, transportation and cash/subsistence support whilst their application for asylum is being considered. This is in accordance with the Immigration Asylum Act 1999, the Asylum Support Regulations 2000 and the EC Reception Conditions Directive 2003/9/EC.

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk...as a statutory,for asylum is being considered.

As a UK taxpayer I am very happy that my taxes go towards hopefully helping these poor souls get a safe place to stay and some subsistence support. It's nice to treat people with compassion.

Jan 30, 2008
Although your post doesn't make sense, this may answer your query.

The UK has a statutory obligation to provide destitute asylum seekers with temporary accommodation, transportation and cash/subsistence support whilst their application for asylum is being considered. This is in accordance with the Immigration Asylum Act 1999, the Asylum Support Regulations 2000 and the EC Reception Conditions Directive 2003/9/EC.

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk...as a statutory,for asylum is being considered.

As a UK taxpayer I am very happy that my taxes go towards hopefully helping these poor souls get a safe place to stay and some subsistence support. It's nice to treat people with compassion.

Dress it up as much as you like, temporary = a year I would imagine, stick them in a warehouse with heating and food would be more appropriate imho
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dress it up as much as you like, temporary = a year I would imagine, stick them in a warehouse with heating and food would be more appropriate imho
Regards
DF

There’s no dressing up. You asked a question. I answered it with the home office information.

But what was I expecting from you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/...eless-people-placed-eastbourne-hotels-2972934
couldn't get any worse :rolleyes: i bet Eastbourne residents are really chuffed ??? illegal migrants next ?
regards
DF

As far as I’m aware there are no plans to house immigrants on any large scale in Eastbourne. The homeless people that have been temporarily housed in Eastbourne have been moved there as a measure safeguard certain vulnerable individuals with specific issues that renders it unsafe for them to remain in Brighton.

It’s my understanding that Brighton & Hove council did this without the usual procedures which has caused some concern, probably rightly so. However this has largely been a safeguarding issue specific to the individuals that have been moved there.

Ultimately people have a right to be in a place that is safe.

I offer no opinion on the matter, just the facts as I understand them. Obviously everyone has the right to their opinion in the matter but it’s worth knowing the facts first. Yours to disregard as you see fit.

Jan 30, 2008
As far as I’m aware there are no plans to house immigrants on any large scale in Eastbourne. The homeless people that have been temporarily housed in Eastbourne have been moved there as a measure safeguard certain vulnerable individuals with specific issues that renders it unsafe for them to remain in Brighton.

It’s my understanding that Brighton & Hove council did this without the usual procedures which has caused some concern, probably rightly so. However this has largely been a safeguarding issue specific to the individuals that have been moved there.

Ultimately people have a right to be in a place that is safe.

I offer no opinion on the matter, just the facts as I understand them. Obviously everyone has the right to their opinion in the matter but it’s worth knowing the facts first. Yours to disregard as you see fit.

mmmmmmm, yet some people feel threatened by these people in their own town , well done B&H council :rolleyes:
regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nigel Farage is descended from French Huguenots. They must be spinning in their graves.

[tweet]1312791488850472966[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here