Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ascension Islands Asylum centre location.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Precisely this. The solution is to fix homelands and redistribute wealth globally. Ain’t going to happen, so mass migration will continue, accelerated by climate change. We have a lot to be very grateful for here in the UK. I do wonder when it reaches millions crossing the channel illegally what that’s going to trigger. There’s absolutely nothing to prevent it and desperate people do desperate things. Still, Persian cuisine in Dorset gotta be a gap in the market!

Millions? Come off it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Clearly not a view shared by the many refugees and migrants (yes, most people do understand the difference) who decided to risk their lives to get here, or by the thousands more waiting to risk their lives trying.

How do you define the difference between refugee and migrant? A view I’d like to briefly consider.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Millions? Come off it.

Per annum. Why not. 2 million and more walked into Germany. And that was a man made catastrophe. Imagine when mother nature starts really calling the shots over the next decade plus. Don’t forget, society May well be collapsing by then, what we know now makes the scale and magnitude impossible to imagine so not surprised by the come off it comment. But the experts, inc Sir David Attenborough, are predicting this dire scenario, as have I for past 30 years.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
How do you define the difference between refugee and migrant? A view I’d like to briefly consider.
A refugee is a person fleeing from a dangerous, life threatening situation to another country that is SAFE. The moment they pass through a safe country they cease to be a refugee and take on the mantle of migrant. In other words migrating to somewhere else to.live.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A refugee is a person fleeing from a dangerous, life threatening situation to another country that is SAFE. The moment they pass through a safe country they cease to be a refugee and take on the mantle of migrant. In other words migrating to somewhere else to.live.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Wrong. International law says they can choose where they seek refuge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Per annum. Why not. 2 million and more walked into Germany. And that was a man made catastrophe. Imagine when mother nature starts really calling the shots over the next decade plus. Don’t forget, society May well be collapsing by then, what we know now makes the scale and magnitude impossible to imagine so not surprised by the come off it comment. But the experts, inc Sir David Attenborough, are predicting this dire scenario, as have I for past 30 years.

It’s only a couple of hundred per annum.
Germany didn’t have a catastrophe either.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45419466

The public schoolboys in power have managed to persuade the working class in this country that austerity, job losses, food banks, lack of housing etc are all the fault of foreigners whether in Europe or immigrants, whilst robbing you blind themselves.
The greatest con of the last ten years.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Code:
Depressingly, a minority of posters actually defending the concept of sending refugees to island camps. It reveals a lot about the character of certain posters on here. The sort of people that in the not too distant past may very well have turned a blind eye to their neighbours disappearing in the night and who would have willingly colluded with tyranny.

Shameful really.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s only a couple of hundred per annum.
Germany didn’t have a catastrophe either.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45419466

The public schoolboys in power have managed to persuade the working class in this country that austerity, job losses, food banks, lack of housing etc are all the fault of foreigners whether in Europe or immigrants, whilst robbing you blind themselves.
The greatest con of the last ten years.

a) It’s reportedly that per month b) I know, but Syria did c) I’d give people more credit than that. It’s a contributory factor, because of the scale.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well the experts i watched the other night on TV were wrong then..........

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Either they were wrong, or more likely you didn’t fully understand what they were explaining

Claim

Under the Geneva Convention refugees should seek refuge in the first safe country they come to.
Conclusion

Incorrect. The UN Refugee Convention does not make this requirement of refugees, and UK case law supports this interpretation. Refugees can legitimately make a claim for asylum in the UK after passing through other “safe” countries.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country/

There are some exceptions under the Dublin Regulation but these are uncommon.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Code:
Depressingly, a minority of posters actually defending the concept of sending refugees to island camps. It reveals a lot about the character of certain posters on here. The sort of people that in the not too distant past may very well have turned a blind eye to their neighbours disappearing in the night and who would have willingly colluded with tyranny.

Shameful really.

Why would the UK send refugees to island camps to have their asylum claim processed? If they have refugee status then they have already had their asylum claim processed. Says a lot about the intelligence of some posters on here that some are still incapable of understanding the difference between a seeker of asylum and someone who has had their asylum claim accepted (or rejected) and then gains either refugee status or humanitarian protection or told to leave.
To then go on and make a reference to being an apologist for neighbours disappearing in the night simply makes you a cock.......and a stupid one at that.
Hows that ignore function going?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why would the UK send refugees to island camps to have their asylum claim processed? If they have refugee status then they have already had their asylum claim processed. Says a lot about the intelligence of some posters on here that some are still incapable of understanding the difference between a seeker of asylum and someone who has had their asylum claim accepted (or rejected) and then gains either refugee status or humanitarian protection or told to leave.
To then go on and make a reference to being an apologist for neighbours disappearing in the night simply makes you a cock.......and a stupid one at that.
Hows that ignore function going?

Should we make them wear orange overalls as well?

I think it's a great idea if it keeps angry people in Kent and Surrey happy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this morning i see the idea has moved on to ferries, something suggested until Blair. so many get caught up in this, float lots of ideas to look like gov is being firm on the subject for benefit of the target audience. does anyone think the migrants care? i doubt they hear about it and they dont intend to be detained by authorities either way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Should we make them wear orange overalls as well?

I think it's a great idea if it keeps angry people in Kent and Surrey happy

Which group are you referring to as "them" and have under consideration for wearing orange overalls?
Asylum seekers? Failed Asylum seekers? Those with refugee status? Illegal Immigrants?
Perhaps you mean people traffickers in orange overalls. Doubt anyone would object to a convicted people traffickers being made to wear an orange overall. They are complete scum after all.
Be more specific.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Which group are you referring to as "them" and have under consideration for wearing orange overalls?
Asylum seekers? Failed Asylum seekers? Those with refugee status? Illegal Immigrants?
Perhaps you mean people traffickers in orange overalls. Doubt anyone would object to a convicted people traffickers being made to wear an orange overall. They are complete scum after all.
Be more specific.

Sorry, when they talked about sending them to an offshore island I immediately thought of Guantanamo Bay

If anyone breaks the law let the law deal with them just like anyone else

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry, when they talked about sending them to an offshore island I immediately thought of Guantanamo Bay

If anyone breaks the law let the law deal with them just like anyone else

But we have people bending the law at the last minute to disrupt deportations, hopefully that will end soon and people that have no right to be here

can be deported from the country which is the the way it should be
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But we have people bending the law at the last minute to disrupt deportations, hopefully that will end soon and people that have no right to be here

can be deported from the country which is the the way it should be
Regards
DF

Bending the law to disrupt deportations. like stopping an 11 year old girl from having Female Genital Mutilation in Sudan.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...patel-over-case-of-11-year-old-at-risk-of-fgm

Jasmine was brought to the UK at the age of three by her mother, herself a victim of FGM and whose two sisters died after being cut in their native Sudan.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bending the law to disrupt deportations. like stopping an 11 year old girl from having Female Genital Mutilation in Sudan.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...patel-over-case-of-11-year-old-at-risk-of-fgm

Jasmine was brought to the UK at the age of three by her mother, herself a victim of FGM and whose two sisters died after being cut in their native Sudan.

I don't begrudge anyone escaping the barbaric practice of FGM and if she is over here for that reason she is more than welcome to stay in my view.

Fortuantely: Sudan bans FGM and breaks with hardline Islamist policies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-as-it-breaks-with-hardline-islamist-policies

However letting illegals in who support this practice are not welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here