Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Wasn't it Hurst who played instead of Greavsie? I wasn't even alive

It was indeed. Many including me weren't at all happy about it. Greaves was different class and might have scored even more than Hurst did. Still, Ramsey wasn't afraid to make unpopular decisions, and he backed them up with results. He also went public before the tournament saying that we'll win the World Cup. I was one of many who laughed and thought what a plonker when in fact history says he was our greatest manager.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
....any theories as to what Rio Ferdinand's "four words...." message to him was?...

Was it "Watch out, John Terry" while gesturing toward his girlfriend?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I ****ing love Ben White now. Kid seems like such a nice guy. Hasn't ever played up the 'Leeds made me' tag.
Absolutely deserves all the success he is likely to get.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shock one of the three best English Centre Backs not named John Stones is finally picked for the England squad and impresses compared to an injured slabhead (poor man’s Duffy), Mings (Champ standard at best and arguably poor mans Dan Burn). Even Tarkovski and Konsa would be better choices than some of those around the squad. Dunk and Webster might benefit if we can get into mid table next season and have a manager without Brighton bias (I’m fully aware fans of other clubs wouldn’t agree with my assessments above). Our defensive record was extremely good last season though compared to other PL teams.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shock one of the three best English Centre Backs not named John Stones is finally picked for the England squad and impresses compared to an injured slabhead (poor man’s Duffy), Mings (Champ standard at best and arguably poor mans Dan Burn). Even Tarkovski and Konsa would be better choices than some of those around the squad. Dunk and Webster might benefit if we can get into mid table next season and have a manager without Brighton bias (I’m fully aware fans of other clubs wouldn’t agree with my assessments above). Our defensive record was extremely good last season though compared to other PL teams.

The point is fans of other clubs whole heartedly agree with half of your assessment.
As for the other half they're wearing their own rosy specs, esp the Burnley fans (those that aren't booing knees).

My go to is Football Weekly, yesterday's discussion was how weak the is defence?
Mings and Cody out of form, Maguire injured.
Change formation, untried 3 at the back, make shift Shaw in the 3 etc.

It being pre tournament, it wasn't Southgate's fault.
Despite the fact he selected out of form (were they ever in form) and injured players.

"No Ben White has to start, Southgate got his first selection wrong and can count himself lucky he was able to make the right change". Noice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here