Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

D

Deleted member 2719

Congratulation Ben White, sneaking through the back door is always the best way.:albion2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't be too surprised if he starts in Maguire's absence.

I've just listened to today's Guardian Football Weekly pod.

The way they were talking about White would suggest the larger question is:-

'Will Maguire get back in?'

Purring does even begin to explain their take.
Along with 'why has Southgate wasted so much time on Cody and Mings'.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It sounds to me like lots of the media have decided white will play vs Croatia. It would be quite something to force his way in like that. Given he is not even Brighton’s best defender it makes our position in the league feel so bizarre. Yes I know our problem was at the other end but it is ridiculous that little old us might have someone starting for England and we have better player on our books. I remember when Danny cullip was the best defender I could remember ever playing for us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It sounds to me like lots of the media have decided white will play vs Croatia. It would be quite something to force his way in like that. Given he is not even Brighton’s best defender it makes our position in the league feel so bizarre. Yes I know our problem was at the other end but it is ridiculous that little old us might have someone starting for England and we have better player on our books. I remember when Danny cullip was the best defender I could remember ever playing for us.

Lots of comments from neutral fans also wanting Ben White to start against Croatia.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tabloids claim we have put a £50m price tag on White to "deter" interest from the big four.

Sounds like bollocks to me. Sounds like the tabloids and their influencers are trying to engineer a £50m move, like they have tried to put a bargain £30m price tag on Bissouma's head.

dont think tabloids or "influencers" engineer moves, clubs and agents do. tabloids fill columns with pages of speculation. its too easy for them now, dont even need a real source, can cite social media speculation, write up a paragraph or two on that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my leeds chums are stoked for me but gutted for themselves ....they seem to think if he has a good tournament he could be worth more than blockhead .....what did citeh pay boremuff for Ake......40 mill.....:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
my leeds chums are stoked for me but gutted for themselves ....they seem to think if he has a good tournament he could be worth more than blockhead .....what did citeh pay boremuff for Ake......40 mill.....:lolol:

I sincerely hope you thanked them profusely

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ben White, on his time at Leeds United;

"I wasn't made last year, I have worked hard for 10 years. It does not suddenly come in a year and my previous loans helped me build."

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Just listened to this. Unanimous agreement that White should start.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bit annoying it's taken Gareth so long, when it feels like we (or at least I) have been telling any mates who would listen quite how good our CBs are for ages now.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Ben White, on his time at Leeds United;

"I wasn't made last year, I have worked hard for 10 years. It does not suddenly come in a year and my previous loans helped me build."

Where did this quote originate? I saw it in the Argus just now but assume they lifted it from somewhere?

In the Argus the quote is a little longer but basically saying the same thing:

"I wasn't made last year, I think I have worked hard for ten years and it doesn't suddenly come in a year and you are doing well.
I had two loans before that and played quite a few games there so that has helped me build and perform at the level that I have."

Glad he's come out and said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here