Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mings was a left back at Ipswich and Bournemouth, only converted to centre back at Villa in the Championship. And he looks every inch a converted second division left back to me.

Utterly bizarre he's anywhere near a premier league starting 11, let alone an England squad.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is their anyone who actually rates Mings other than Mrs Mings and Mr Southgate ?

Friends with 3 Villa fans locally in Hove and they are some of the most biased fans I've ever come across. Always coming out with Grealish has never dived ever and Villa should be pushing for CL places etc etc (yawn!). Even they all say Mings shouldn't be in the England squad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, of course he preferred Ake. Would anyone argue against that decision? Mings needed game time after his injury, which he got in the Championship and then that club wanted to keep him and paid a premium fee to do so.

Personally, I think it's a revision of reality to criticise Howe for not playing Mings more often at Bournemouth.

We might be partly in agreement????/

In that Howe shouldn't be criticised for not playing Mings. Imho he wasn't as good at that time as the CB's paired by Howe.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just seen the Ben White is the 26th man clip on Sky Sports news, Leeds arse licking bias in abundance.

Showing clips of him playing for Leeds and said "Ben White who had a great first premier league campaign, also was a big part of Leeds United's promotion to the premier league blah blah"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
White-22.png

Will be popular with Albion fans - and the 'boo' boys.

Thank God he's not 88, eh? :laugh:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Look, we all agree that the best three CBs for England are White, Dunk and Webster. Southgate got 1 out of 3... I'm sure he'll get there in the end...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just seen the Ben White is the 26th man clip on Sky Sports news, Leeds arse licking bias in abundance.

Showing clips of him playing for Leeds and said "Ben White who had a great first premier league campaign, also was a big part of Leeds United's promotion to the premier league blah blah"

just makes ya wanna spew eh......and to read in the Guardian that Southgate wasn't happy that Henderson took the pen instead of Calvert -Lewins....:annoyed: what did he do about it ...?? suck his bow tie...??

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'm happy to let Leeds take all the credit they want for White's development. It makes it even funnier that a rival club is partly responsible for the fine player that we have. And they even paid us a loan fee to make him the asset he has become.

And while we're at it, thanks v much to Southampton for letting him go at 16 ....

Last edited:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Really hope he has deleted any social media posts from the last 15 years, that could offend anyone in the slightest

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Really hope he has deleted any social media posts from the last 15 years, that could offend anyone in the slightest

I’m worried too.

There are rumours currently going around on Twitter that someone who was at school with Ben when he was 7 clearly remembers him cracking the “knock knock, who’s there, doctor, doctor who” joke in the playground one break time.

If that’s true, and Ben IS guilty of slamming the wonderful NHS like this, when they’ve done so much for the nation during this pandemic, then his tournament is over before it’s even begun.

And serious questions need asking over his future at the Albion too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here