Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Has the club made some sort of announcement about not being able to buy any more players until we sell Biss or Ben? Odd way to run a football club, it is almost as if Mr Bloom has confused Football Manager 2020 with real life. We are in serious trouble if this is the case.

Not specifically, but Potter did say something on the subject last season, which was construed, by some, as indicating we were going to have to sell to buy.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19107402.graham-potter-reveals-thinking-selling-albion-star/

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
we all get that. But this thread is turning into repetition of last year only with the shoe on the other foot.

Ben would be off in a shot if allowed to go to arsenal. Anyone denying that are as clueless as the Leeds through and through clan from last year.

Possibly. But it won't be because they are Arsenal, it will be because he feels they are the right club to help him develop further.

He, more than anyone else in our squad, knows that he is likely to be playing at the top level for most of his career.
He has benefitted from making the right move at the right time.

Is Arsenal his best next step?
Right now, I'm not sure it is. All they are offering that we won't, is more money, and a "better" squad.
But in reality one more season learning from Dunk/Bruno/Potter/Veltman. can be argued to be a better experience for him. than a move to a sleeping giant, with no European football on offer.

Sure if Chelsea/Liverpool/City come in for him, he has a real chance of moving his experience/career up a notch.
But equally he could find himself stuck at Arsenal for the next 3 seasons and learn nothing new.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Nice interview. Certainly shows the value of a good quality loan, taking the players out of the U23 environment. Seems Haydon is adding some defending nous to his undoubted footballing ability.

Agreed, reflected some growing maturity in him I think. I wonder if he gets to stay this season, the article does allude to a possibility of that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The question is not on my expectations, it's more that I don't feel that Bloom is a billionaire.

You’re correct he’s not, he’s a multi billionaire

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Has the club made some sort of announcement about not being able to buy any more players until we sell Biss or Ben? Odd way to run a football club, it is almost as if Mr Bloom has confused Football Manager 2020 with real life. We are in serious trouble if this is the case.

Why would the club announce something like that?

And I’m fairly sure that’s not the case anyway. We’ve already signed two players and the windows not closed yet. Additionally we’re offloading a lot of assets this summer, not even counting the possibilities of Biss and Ben White. We should have a healthy amount of sales and wages off the book come start of the season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why would the club announce something like that?

And I’m fairly sure that’s not the case anyway. We’ve already signed two players and the windows not closed yet. Additionally we’re offloading a lot of assets this summer, not even counting the possibilities of Biss and Ben White. We should have a healthy amount of sales and wages off the book come start of the season.

With Izzy, Ryan, Proper and Ali J gone we are already 10 million pounds a year better off in wages.

Jimmy Grimble

Enjoying reading the discussion on this thread again now there’s no needless links to morons on Twitter[emoji106]

Jimmy Grimble

Can you stop bouncing this thread please with nonsense?

I thought there was genuine Ben White news.

What a bizarre definition you have of nonsense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good to read that. He seems to have matured a bit.

I still think a Championship loan is his next move.

Time is on his side though. He is still only 19, so he could spend this season at the Albion, learning from the coaches in the U23s and maybe playing in a cup game or two*, have a Championship loan next season and still be only 21 when he comes back to challenge for a first team place here.

* Not too many cup games though - I want us to put out strong teams in the cups and really go for them. I reckon that's our best chance at Europe (plus it's about time we won one of them!)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

Just logged in.

Has he signed for Arsenal yet?

Guessing not….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope no news. Just a couple of moaners who don’t know how to use the ignore function.

We await official serious news only. No Twitter rumours or links, or god forbid any fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here