Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has the club made some sort of announcement about not being able to buy any more players until we sell Biss or Ben? Odd way to run a football club, it is almost as if Mr Bloom has confused Football Manager 2020 with real life. We are in serious trouble if this is the case.

Stop living up to your username :lolol:

Not sure Bloom has actually commented at all about transfer business has he? He has suggested we’ll be aiming for the top 10 though so maybe he has been playing Football Manager 2020 :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"Football Intelligence Unit on Twitter: "Announced when Ben is back from his holiday" / Twitter" https://mobile.twitter.com/unit_foo...^1416102299349524481|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
The sun has a story saying the same

Alert [emoji599]

(Only joking [emoji6])

I saw this earlier. But as bad-ass as the name “Football Intelligence Unit” is, it doesn’t sound amazingly legit. I had enough issues at the time with tweets so didn’t really fancy sharing it.

FWIW all the Arsenal ITKs are now saying Ben’s a done deal.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What is the point of Naylor if he's not allowed to to report this story so as not to upset David Ornstein (or Barbs)

Infuriating

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1416131792852197379[/tweet]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sun has a story saying the same
Arsenal AGREE £50m Ben White transfer after seeing off late interest from Chelsea for Brighton's England defender https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15613042/arsenal-transfer-ben-white-fee-agreed-brighton/

Tom Barclay is actually ok and does seem to know his stuff re: Albion having covered south coast clubs for a while so I am inclined to believe this.

As much as I like White, £50m up front if that figure is true is great business for our third best centre back [emoji106]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ornstein was absolutely spot on with every scoop during the Euros so this looks like it has legs to it now.

If it’s £50m upfront, sad to see him go but we’ve done good business there.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

One thing we can be absolutely sure of.

No matter what’s reported, it’ll be a great deal for Brighton and Hove Albion.

This is an exciting time in many ways. This is the start of becoming wholly self sustaining as a club. Will be interesting to see which of our young talented CB’s will make the cut to join the seniors. We saw Ostigard and Hayden in training recently. But we also have Dedoncker and Van Ecke (excuse the spelling). Big decisions for GP and the staff to make.

But genuinely, and most excitingly… I think we can cover for Ben White leaving. That’s how good our squad is.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Fantastic by the club. 50m for White is fantastic business - he's not worth that imo but we stuck at a price and got it. Many of us said we should take 30million 1 year ago, instead we got a season of him playing + an extra 20m. AMAZING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As many have said, good business. Reminds me of Leicester who only sold when it suited them for top £, the difference being they are far more established in the Prem with success way above their perceived status ... Well played to all involved [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good bit of business if true......bit peeved though will cost me a tenner cos its Arsenal....had a bet with a gooner he would go elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here