Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Pretty much, sky sports transfer gossip is embarrassing. No guessing for who his source would be though, will give it a few weeks before Whites agent is back on the tele.

Probably hasn't even talked to the agent, just repeats whatever was in the morning's tabloids and tries to sound vaguely and plausibly ITK. Nobody can definitively knock the story down, so what has he got to lose? Not as much as if he went on and said 'You know what? I have no idea what Ben White thinks about any of this and neither has anyone else.' Even though that would be true.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Probably hasn't even talked to the agent, just repeats whatever was in the morning's tabloids and tries to sound vaguely and plausibly ITK. Nobody can definitively knock the story down, so what has he got to lose? Not as much as if he went on and said 'You know what? I have no idea what Ben White thinks about any of this and neither has anyone else.' Even though that would be true.
You're very naive if you don't think Ben Whites agent has not been speaking with other clubs and discussing contracts.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I guess time will tell, my friend, but to compare Bloom to Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk is a bit nuts. If Bloom keeps hold of White and/or Biss then that will tell me he has the money given he has top 10 aspirations.

But to be clear, Bloom is a legend and always will be. I love the man, but we need to be realistic with what we've seen in the last couple of years. We've signed Maupay, Zeqiri and an ageing injury prone Welbeck. If he really has the money, I'd expect a little bit more.

wow! you dont expect much do you....

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/pr...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

https://www.football365.com/news/europe-football-net-spend-liverpool-manchester-city

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

“As I understand” (From reading the same tabloids as you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You're very naive if you don't think Ben Whites agent has not been speaking with other clubs and discussing contracts.

Some agent are referred to as ‘super-agents’.

I believe this chap is often referred to as a ‘super-c***’. Does what is best for him prior to what is best for the player and appears a bit simple when interviewed on Sky.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some agent are referred to as ‘super-agents’.

I believe this chap is often referred to as a ‘super-c***’. Does what is best for him prior to what is best for the player and appears a bit simple when interviewed on Sky.

I've always wondered how agents get to be 'Super agents'. I assume it's when their home planets are destroyed in massive explosions and they are sent off in rockets to worlds with lower gravity where they develop unique powers. Either that or they're really just agents like any other.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

My feelings also. We have no way of proving, but I get the impression he’s completely making it up. Which in fairness is something tabloid sports writers have been known to do down the years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last year we had a load of Leeds fans convincing themselves that ben white wanted to stay at Leeds.

Oh how we mocked them.

This year we have a load of Brighton fans convincing themselves that ben white would turn down arsenal to stay at brighton.

I can’t be bothered to read through but where are the ‘load’ of BHA fans saying this? Arsenal is a step up and a much bigger club, obviously. But many fans think White could do better - if that means staying my with us and waiting and playing another season of prem football so be it. I just don’t see the posts you’re referring to or anyone thinking that?! On the pitch Arsenal are nowhere near as far ahead of us as City / Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea at the present time. And Arsenal aren’t that much ahead of the Albion on the pitch, crazy as it is that we can say this.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I can’t be bothered to read through but where are the ‘load’ of BHA fans saying this? Arsenal is a step up and a much bigger club, obviously. But many fans think White could do better - if that means staying my with us and waiting and playing another season of prem football so be it. I just don’t see the posts you’re referring to or anyone thinking that?! On the pitch Arsenal are nowhere near as far ahead of us as City / Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea at the present time. And Arsenal aren’t that much ahead of the Albion on the pitch, crazy as it is that we can say this.

Good point. Ben goes to Arsenal , Albion make top 10 and Arsenal finish 12th. Could happen

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We’re much more likely to make top 10 with the Ben White money to reinvest in someone who can score goals.
This, I don’t get if we keep White & Biss and sign no one else we are suddenly going to shoot up the table. We need a goal scorer or at least someone to cause mayhem up front.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Has the club made some sort of announcement about not being able to buy any more players until we sell Biss or Ben? Odd way to run a football club, it is almost as if Mr Bloom has confused Football Manager 2020 with real life. We are in serious trouble if this is the case.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This, I don’t get if we keep White & Biss and sign no one else we are suddenly going to shoot up the table. We need a goal scorer or at least someone to cause mayhem up front.

our form with sanchez suggests we will improve significantly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here