Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal 'poised' to sign Walton.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I would like to see Walton become our third choice keeper this season. We can't be seen holding players back if the price is right as it might put the youngsters of coming here. If he wants to stay here as he feels he has a better chance of making first team football then we should reject it.
Why would he want to stay as third choice keeper. He is a under 19 England keeper. If we want to keep him then he must be at least second choice. Looking at the keepers we have had he should have been told he would be second choice this year before his appearances for the under 19's. Now we are under more pressure to keep him.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
It does matter when talking about the only position in which you can't hide.

[MENTION=6045]seagurn[/MENTION] has the right idea in posts 26 & 33!!

Another senior goalkeeper will be coming in, it'll be up to Walton to take his place, and keep it.

How will he have the opportunity to stake his claim when he hasn't been given the chance and very unlikely now with another manager coming in. Walton should be number 2 for match day experiences and bonding with the first team.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Someone will eventually have to take a punt on him, whether that's us remains to be seen. Either way it won't do his career anygood to just sit in either ours or Arsenal's development squad. If he's good enough he should play. Butland couldn't have been much older than he is now before he became Birmingham's No.1.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How will he have the opportunity to stake his claim when he hasn't been given the chance and very unlikely now with another manager coming in. Walton should be number 2 for match day experiences and bonding with the first team.
That's what I'm saying, but Ankergren won't be number 1.

Senior g/k - PiG replacement.
Walton - The new Brez.
Ankergren - I know my place.

Walton will get more first team football here, next season, than at Arsenal.

It'll be up to Walton to convert cup/injury/suspension appearances into a league run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Walton - The new Brez.

It'll be up to Walton to convert cup/injury/suspension appearances into a league run.

At the moment, we only have Walton as Ankergren hasn't signed his offer yet.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Walton - The new Brez.

Maybe I misinterpreted your previous post but totally agree with this post and hope this season is Walton chance.

staben94

Jun 11, 2012
Greenwich/Hastings
As he's got a few more years on his contract, I hope Walton would see it that he's at one of the best clubs in the country in terms of facilities, that can boost his potential. Unless Arsenal make an offer that is deemed acceptable by BHAFC then I don't see Walton going.

£6 million + Theo Walcott. Then I'd be happy.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Why would he want to stay as third choice keeper. He is a under 19 England keeper. If we want to keep him then he must be at least second choice. Looking at the keepers we have had he should have been told he would be second choice this year before his appearances for the under 19's. Now we are under more pressure to keep him.

it's about progression. Being involved everyday with the first team squad is another step in his career. I don't think he will get anywhere near the first team at Arsenal.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
it's about progression. Being involved everyday with the first team squad is another step in his career. I don't think he will get anywhere near the first team at Arsenal.

He'd get near a Championship first team on loan, though -- and make shedloads of money. The loudest voice advising him will be in the game for 4% of the shed.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He'd get near a Championship first team on loan, though -- and make shedloads of money. The loudest voice advising him will be in the game for 4% of the shed.

He will be near with us. Involved week in week out. If last season was anything to go by he would be sitting on the bench every other week.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He will be near with us. Involved week in week out. If last season was anything to go by he would be sitting on the bench every other week.

Ah, but can we say that louder than his agent?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Take the money with an option one season full loan 2014-2015

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I just ask how so many people seem to be so knowledgeable as to exactly how good this kid is?

I don't doubt he's got promise, that's why we signed him, but youth team and professional football are worlds apart, which must be at least part of the reason we haven't produced a regular first team keeper from our youth side since...er...Mark Ormerod I'd guess. And his career hardly soared after he left. Chris May made half an appearance. Will Packham one I think (and threw a soft goal in). John Sullivan was OK in spells but his current standing within the game reflects, I have no doubt, his inconsistency.

Please don't think I'm saying Walton isn't good: for all I know he may be. I just wonder if some of you are basing your expectations (especially the ones who seem to think he could be thrown in as #1 next season) upon hype and rumour rather than factual knowledge or experience.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can I just ask how so many people seem to be so knowledgeable as to exactly how good this kid is?

I don't doubt he's got promise, that's why we signed him, but youth team and professional football are worlds apart, which must be at least part of the reason we haven't produced a regular first team keeper from our youth side since...er...Mark Ormerod I'd guess. And his career hardly soared after he left. Chris May made half an appearance. Will Packham one I think (and threw a soft goal in). John Sullivan was OK in spells but his current standing within the game reflects, I have no doubt, his inconsistency.

Please don't think I'm saying Walton isn't good: for all I know he may be. I just wonder if some of you are basing your expectations (especially the ones who seem to think he could be thrown in as #1 next season) upon hype and rumour rather than factual knowledge or experience.

In all the DS games that have been streamed he has put in above average performances , probably why he has been picked out for the England U19 squad and been in the England youngsters training camp sessions in January and May.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In all the DS games that have been streamed he has put in above average performances , probably why he has been picked out for the England U19 squad and been in the England youngsters training camp sessions in January and May.

Fair enough. Personally, I can't say I saw anything in those games that made me go "wow", but then playing against 17yr olds probably isn't an accurate reflection of his ability anyway. It's going to be how he copes against grown men that will tell us.

Please don't think I'm slating him. Hopefully he'll be fantastic. I just have no idea how everyone's so in the know, that's all, and I hope it's not all wishful thinking on your part :thumbsup:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Ulloa ,i can understand but not Walton. Does he think his career will take off,lost in the Arsenal machine.....never first choice ! Only relegation to look forward to. Or does he stay with us,with every chance of promotion to the first team,and then maybe !!!!......if this happens then it can only be the money,and i hope we do not sell cheap !!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here