Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal 'poised' to sign Walton.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
As an Arsenal fan, I'm disappointed in this. Think this is a mistake, let Walton ply his trade at this level (he's a chance of a few games this season if Ankergren gets injured, cup games etc - I don't think Brighton are in the market for a new keeper).

Although, in terms of goalkeeping depth at Arsenal, there's literally nothing now. Martinez is terrible and Fabby has gone.

Got a feeling (as always with moves like this) that this could ruin his career. However I suppose Jenkinson has done well. But then look at Hall who went to Spurs... he's pretty much done nothing (didn't he go to Swindon on loan?) and would've done better staying at Brighton in the long run, possibly. But if Walton goes there and jumps Martinez as second choice and Arsenal don't sign anyone, who knows... maybe some big money in terms of contract clauses etc...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Google translate = Make me No: 1 or I'm off?
Don't be so silly.

No team in the top 2 divisions is going to have a teenage #1 goalkeeper.

The most demanding Walton's 'people' can be is, 'make me #2, and don't sign the new number 1 to a 4 or 5 year contract'.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As an Arsenal fan, I'm disappointed in this. Think this is a mistake, let Walton ply his trade at this level (he's a chance of a few games this season if Ankergren gets injured, cup games etc - I don't think Brighton are in the market for a new keeper).

Although, in terms of goalkeeping depth at Arsenal, there's literally nothing now. Martinez is terrible and Fabby has gone.

Got a feeling (as always with moves like this) that this could ruin his career. However I suppose Jenkinson has done well. But then look at Hall who went to Spurs... he's pretty much done nothing (didn't he go to Swindon on loan?) and would've done better staying at Brighton in the long run, possibly. But if Walton goes there and jumps Martinez as second choice and Arsenal don't sign anyone, who knows... maybe some big money in terms of contract clauses etc...
Grant Hall is doing fine. After a successful season at Swindon in League 1 last year, curtailed by injury, he has signed for a season long loan at Birmingham. Not a bad club for centre backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here