Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal point of view

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Hiya lads thanks for letting me post on the site. I just wanted to put an Arsenal prospective across . Most proper Arsenal fans will not be confident about beating Brighton on Saturday . We can be beaten has already been proved on a few occasions this season . We are a shadow of former teams that have graced Highbury. We don't have the right players in the team and half of them look like they are there for the money only. I for one will not take anything for granted as I know your team will give its all and you play decent football.

Excellent news - we look forward then to giving your boys a bloody good hiding. We've been threatening it for a while but saving it especially for the Arsenal!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
10 mins or so?

No pubs near the stadium at all, it's in the middle of nowhere! Much better going to Lewes or Brighton city centre first and then getting the train in!

The two major disappointments about the Amex is the transport fiasco and nowhere to drink but the stadium beforehand!

Transport is well organised, nothing different to many stadia..... buses, park and ride, a station 150m from the ground, free travel with your ticket,.... Bars open before and after game, supporters bar open before and after game, two pubs in walking distance but both enforced home only ( Hikers and Swan).... away fans can use any bar after the game, free to mix peacefully and have a chat with all and sundry,.......... 7 minute train ride from Brighton central........ yes mate I see what you mean, its a disaster.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
..mind you, Buckley v Mertersacker ??

....anybody vs Mertersacker.... he never looks the real deal to me, I am sure Gus will load up the pace vs Sanga and Mertersacker....... that may be our only chance.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Transport is well organised, nothing different to many stadia..... buses, park and ride, a station 150m from the ground, free travel with your ticket,.... Bars open before and after game, supporters bar open before and after game, two pubs in walking distance but both enforced home only ( Hikers and Swan).... away fans can use any bar after the game, free to mix peacefully and have a chat with all and sundry,.......... 7 minute train ride from Brighton central........ yes mate I see what you mean, its a disaster.

Well said. I haven't queued once this season after a game. Stay behind for a pint, watch the scores come in and then a slow walk to the station for train East bound. No problems.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
I have decided to drive from Maidstone to Lewes park the car there and then get the train into Brighton . I am thinking about getting back after the game as I need to be back in Maidstone by 7pm at the latest for a meal with her indoors

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have decided to drive from Maidstone to Lewes park the car there and then get the train into Brighton . I am thinking about getting back after the game as I need to be back in Maidstone by 7pm at the latest for a meal with her indoors

If you go for your train straight at the final whistle , you will probably have between five and twenty mins queue,..... Not bad compared with queuing for a tube in north or east London after a game.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Originally Posted by Brightonia
10 mins or so?

No pubs near the stadium at all, it's in the middle of nowhere! Much better going to Lewes or Brighton city centre first and then getting the train in!

The two major disappointments about the Amex is the transport fiasco and nowhere to drink but the stadium beforehand!Transport is well organised, nothing different to many stadia..... buses, park and ride, a station 150m from the ground, free travel with your ticket,.... Bars open before and after game, supporters bar open before and after game, two pubs in walking distance but both enforced home only ( Hikers and Swan).... away fans can use any bar after the game, free to mix peacefully and have a chat with all and sundry,.......... 7 minute train ride from Brighton central........ yes mate I see what you mean, its a disaster.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you Somerset. I love everything about The Amex. I drive down from North of Reading and park just outside Lewes. Bus runs like clockwork, am in the ground within 10 mins of parking in Lewes!!...and it's all included in the ST..... A Balti Pie and Harvey's in Dicks, a bit of Atmos for 20mins before GOSBTS. Another pint at HT, clap em off the pitch and back on the bus.....pick up a takeaway Curry in Reading and home by 7:45pm.....my match day experience is only enhanced by a win and tempered by conceding in stoppage time to Bolton.
Now let me think....Withdean or Amex...?
I don't get the moaning......it's a F***ing brilliant experience going to The Amex.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Originally Posted by Brightonia
10 mins or so?

The two major disappointments about the Amex is the transport fiasco and nowhere to drink but the stadium beforehand!Transport is well organised, nothing different to many stadia..... buses, park and ride, a station 150m from the ground, free travel with your ticket,.... Bars open before and after game, supporters bar open before and after game, two pubs in walking distance but both enforced home only ( Hikers and Swan).... away fans can use any bar after the game, free to mix peacefully and have a chat with all and sundry,.......... 7 minute train ride from Brighton central........ yes mate I see what you mean, its a disaster.

Agree with you Somerset. I love everything about The Amex. I drive down from North of Reading and park just outside Lewes. Bus runs like clockwork, am in the ground within 10 mins of parking in Lewes!!...and it's all included in the ST..... A Balti Pie and Harvey's in Dicks, a bit of Atmos for 20mins before GOSBTS. Another pint at HT, clap em off the pitch and back on the bus.....pick up a takeaway Curry in Reading and home by 7:45pm.....my match day experience is only enhanced by a win and tempered by conceding in stoppage time to Bolton.
Now let me think....Withdean or Amex...?
I don't get the moaning......it's a F***ing brilliant experience going to The Amex.

That's the sort of comment I love to read! Thanks for posting it.

Personally, I'm more than a little worried by Arsenal. It all depends on the team that Arsene decides to field. How serious is he really treating the FA Cup? If he decides that he needs a trophy at any cost then I think a strong Arsenal will give us a good hiding. However, if he tinkers then I believe we have an outside chance.

Very much looking forward to it. Our track record against the Gunners is awful mind you.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Apologies I probably did over react! After going to Priestfield and The Withdean I wouldn't change The Amex for the world! I would like a decent watering hole before hand which is closer to the stadium but hey we don't live in a perfect world, and we can't have everything!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Walcott v Greer / El Abd......well they will both need a fifteen yard start.........bloody frightening.....mind you, Buckley v Mertersacker ( sorry about spelling ) could be interesting as well.

If Adam gets anywhere near Walcott he can expect to be wrestled to the ground and have his head patted..one day he's gonna walk because of it, let's hope it's not Saturday.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hiya lads thanks for letting me post on the site. I just wanted to put an Arsenal prospective across . Most proper Arsenal fans will not be confident about beating Brighton on Saturday . We can be beaten has already been proved on a few occasions this season . We are a shadow of former teams that have graced Highbury. We don't have the right players in the team and half of them look like they are there for the money only. I for one will not take anything for granted as I know your team will give its all and you play decent football.

I used to really enjoy watching Arsenal play about 10 years ago. Beautiful football.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Our BFG he is a joke

The-BFG.jpg

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
A great response from you Seagulls which is good considering i was on a Man City forum last week Blue Moon and what a load of numpties on there. I can get aggresive and have it etc but i dont come on forums for that its good to have the banter but as i always say if you dish it out be prepared to take it.And they couldnt.Always harping on about moaning Arsenal fans and how we are jealous of there success lol ( one Prem and fa cup) .
As i have said i am nervous of this game.yes we should win but i was saying that about the Bradford game and look what happened there......
Wenger had better play a full strength side if he doesnt he will be in for more stick, i was a big Wenger fan 7 years ago but over the last 7 years his legacyis falling apart with inferior buys and his lack of tactical knowledge, i am no longer in the AKB group.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
cant c us getting anything out of this...if we can b competitive up to 70 mins i wud b happy...but can c a rather comfortable win by say 3 or 4 goals difference

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
ill settle for 1-0 to the Arsenal but i think there will be more goals in it than that.
PS
good luck tonight i hope you win and then it will make me feel better on Saturday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A great response from you Seagulls which is good considering i was on a Man City forum last week Blue Moon and what a load of numpties on there.
I was going to ask how you were finding NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here