Arrogance of Arsenal plastics

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Is Piers Morgan going to be there on saturday? Might turn up early to see if I can get my photo taken with him :moo:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Arrogance of Arsenal plastics at work today, trying to tell me that this is our biggest game at the Amex, even after I pointed out that there will probably never be a bigger game at the Amex than the Doncaster.

I would also say games against Palace at home will be bigger than this one.

and I would even go as far to say Liverpool are a bigger team.

I'm glad we have got Arsenal, but this view from fans who watch games on TV really bugs me.

sorry rant over, just needed to get it out.

A rant that is not called for.
Palace are your local rivals agreed so its a huge match .
Liverpool a bigger team ? I would obviously say no but some would say yes, depends which way you look at it . I lived in Liverpool for 10 years and married a Liverpudlian and held my own in debates over that subject but I have always given them respect.
Every club has fans that watch the games on TV,Brighton will have loads. and the bigger clubs even more so.i have lots of mates who cant afford to go to the Emirates but these are reall fans who are passionate and have been to hundreds of matches in there life and have it in there blood. I have to stream lots of games as I cannot afford to go to a lot of them but already this season I have been to Old Trafford and Montpellier in the CL and will be at the match on Daturday. So please don't knock Arsenal fans and call us plastics, leve that to the Utd fans.
This is a huge game for you and could and should get your highest ever attendance at the Amex.

Pipe down mate, I wasn't calling all Arsenal fans Plastics, just the few I work with and talk about in my OP.

They call themselves life long fans but have never been to a game, that says to me plastic. Football has not always been as expensive as it is now and I have been to 5 Arsenal games at Highbury and the Emirates in my time so its not impossible to get tickets if you try.

But to spout rubbish about how its obviously the biggest game so far at the Amex I have to disagree for points already mentioned.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
I was about to come to your defence there mate , I'm chelsea ,(old chelsea) and understand your gripes about ticket prices etc, I would also advise you that there are a lot of insecure brighton fans on this site, not surprising when you've gone from 6,000 crowds to having 20,000 plus season ticket holders in the blink of an eye, hence the need to constantly drone on about plastics.
However the fact of the matter is , a Brighton v Chelsea game would be bigger , for the simple reason we've actually won trophies in the last 8 years , including the big one , I would'nt call us a bigger club than arsenal, in a few years maybe, but not at the moment, your history precludes me from saying that , but in the present context , a game against the current (like it or not ) european champions , who have won 3 titles , 4 fa cups, and 2 league cups, including one against you , since you last won anything , is , in fact bigger, and I also hope brighton stuff you.

PS The atmosphere at chelsea is bad, but it makes the emirates, and even the old library, sorry highbury, look like the san siro for an inter/AC derby.
No need to come to my defence mate as its not needed. Facts are that money cannot buy you history which is why your club will never be bigger than The Arsenal . Take away the Rusky and you would be where you belong halfway down the table.
You have the cheek to say the highbury library lol it rhymes that's all mate our fans make your fans look like choir boys . There fickle and don't know how to get behind a team as all they can do is moan moan moan .
If you were at Wembley when you beat us in the semi of the cup you could hear a pin drop in your end. It was the same in the fa cup final . Your club has no class we have plenty and remember form is temporary class is permanent. Unlike your club when your Rusky benefactor goes and you're down battling relegation ( again) we will back winning trophies again.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
You seem to having a conversation in an empty room there, mate. Was that 5 posts in a row?

From what I've read, nobody's having a dig at proper Arsenal fans like you. There just seems to be a bit of annoyance at people claiming to be fans of big clubs then lording it over fans of smaller clubs despite having never been to a game.

A friend of mine who's an Arsenal 'fan' is coming down from the West country to watch the game with his brother. They're both originally from Norfolk. Think my mate's been to the Emirates once, never went to Highbury. No doubt he'll be basking in Arsenal's glory if/when you win. I will find that a bit annoying too to be honest. Epitome of Plasticity.
Not keeping check mate but just thought I would put the records straight. And as I've stated look at the BSM website

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Pipe down mate, I wasn't calling all Arsenal fans Plastics, just the few I work with and talk about in my OP.

They call themselves life long fans but have never been to a game, that says to me plastic. Football has not always been as expensive as it is now and I have been to 5 Arsenal games at Highbury and the Emirates in my time so its not impossible to get tickets if you try.

But to spout rubbish about how its obviously the biggest game so far at the Amex I have to disagree for points already mentioned.
We will have to agree to disagree mate .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Laugh at my face and spit in my coffee and you would get it back ten fold .

Oh wow that means I better take a big hanky to the match then to wipe my face, although I doubt I will have ten coffees for you to spit in. Oh hang on you will be watching it via streaming or something wont you. For the record I dont give a shit about your history or your club no more than you do ours, so do yourself a favour and maybe lets end this here and now with may the best team win.

Ps it is Tossers not Tosses

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thank you for those fans that have spoken and put there point of view over in a well spoken way. As for those that use words like tosses etc I laugh in your face and say get a life. Maybe do what I do learn about other clubs appreciate what other fans have to put up with prem, Championship, etc it doesn't matter all fans are the same when dissected passionate about there club and want to see them play well again spare a thought the next time you slag off my great club and read what is on the BSM website and you will realise that there are thousands of Arsenal fans who can't go to matches or won't because of having to pay the highest prices in the Premiership.
http://www.wherehasourarsenalgone.co.uk

"their"

It is "their" club, not "there".

Btw. Why is it that Arsenal fans who don't go and only watch them on the telly are true fans, and Man United fans who don't go and only watch them on the telly are plastics? I never really understood that twisted logic.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No need to come to my defence mate as its not needed. Facts are that money cannot buy you history which is why your club will never be bigger than The Arsenal . Take away the Rusky and you would be where you belong halfway down the table.
You have the cheek to say the highbury library lol it rhymes that's all mate our fans make your fans look like choir boys . There fickle and don't know how to get behind a team as all they can do is moan moan moan .
If you were at Wembley when you beat us in the semi of the cup you could hear a pin drop in your end. It was the same in the fa cup final . Your club has no class we have plenty and remember form is temporary class is permanent. Unlike your club when your Rusky benefactor goes and you're down battling relegation ( again) we will back winning trophies again.
I was, no you couldn't, what were you doing in our end ?

PS 8 YEARS AND COUNTING ISNT IT ? TELL ME WE WONT BE BIGGER THAN YOU IN ANOTHER FEW (SILVERWARE FREE) YEARS.
PPS FOR SOMEONE WHOSE CLUIB IS OWNED BY USMANOV, AND KROENKE , ITS A BIT RICH TO BE TALKING ABOUT ( RUSKY) BENEFACTORS ISNT IT ? AND YES I KNOW KROENKE OR USMANOV ARENT RUSSIAN, BUT USMANOV , IS CERTAINLY EX USSR. !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not keeping check mate but just thought I would put the records straight. And as I've stated look at the BSM website

Fair enough. I know there's plenty of passionate Arsenal fans as well as a few arm chair fans. Every club has a bit of both to a greater or lesser extent.

Enjoy the game on Saturday (hopefully not too much though).

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
One has to put it into perspective..

Albion are no longer the small time provincial club, playing at a Council Ground, and run on a shoe-string (with Skint on our shirts) We are a respectable second tier club with talent, flair and resources.

Playing The Arsenal is a big game, yes, but we need no longer feel in awe of them. League games are more important anyway.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well I live in sleepy Mid-Sussex and the worst offenders for plasticism are by far and Away the Arsenal tossers. None of the "fans" that I have the misfortune to share a local pub with have ever been to The Emirates let alone Highbury.

A couple of the tossers were adamant they'd get tickets for the game through mates and when that didn't happen the comment that REALLY pissed me off was along the lines of "Why would I want to go to a noddy little stadium like yours when I could go to The Emirates.

Sussex is full of Plastics of the clubs who once won something and your lot are by far the most arrogant of the lot.

Sorry, but I disagree.

The most arrogant arses are Chelsea in Sussex. With Arsenal there is an understandable reason to support them even though they have won nowt for a fair time, they try to play good football, something that they achieved brilliantly through the late 90's and into the early 21st century. If Chelsea had won jack shit recently, why would people support them unless local to SW London or family connections. Even Wet Sham and Spurs have put more onus on good football when compared to Chelsea over the years.

To be honest, when we were at our worst (current L1 & 2, old 3 & 4 etc etc) I was known to visit Highbury if the Albion were away from home. I have also screamed abuse at Arsenal fans when at The Goldstone so I know where my true roots lie!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's laughable, Arsenal fans coming on here and telling us what our big games are.

This is a very enjoyable interlude from the Championship, which I am very much looking forward to as I expect to see a strong Arsenal team and young players like Wilshere are going to be the bedrock of my national team for years. It's a great occasion and a big bonus - but it is not a huge actual match for us.

In my book the really big games (exceptional one-offs like Donny apart, for obvious reasons - and that WAS big), you are not just excited but feel a bit sick at what losing might mean. That feeling is not there for this match, Palace in a few weeks is miles bigger for any true Brighton fan.

It's laughable, Arsenal fans coming on here and telling us what our big games are.

This is a very enjoyable interlude from the Championship, which I am very much looking forward to as I expect to see a strong Arsenal team and young players like Wilshere are going to be the bedrock of my national team for years. It's a great occasion and a big bonus - but it is not a huge actual match for us.

In my book the really big games (exceptional one-offs like Donny apart, for obvious reasons - and that WAS big), you are not just excited but feel a bit sick at what losing might mean. That feeling is not there for this match, Palace in a few weeks is miles bigger for any true Brighton fan.

Just another Armchair fan, brainwashed by Murdoch into believing the Premiership is the be all and end all of English Football and we should be honoured and thrilled to have them grace our pitch.

Bunch of tossers.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
One has to put it into perspective..

Albion are no longer the small time provincial club, playing at a Council Ground, and run on a shoe-string (with Skint on our shirts) We are a respectable second tier club with talent, flair and resources.

Playing The Arsenal is a big game, yes, but we need no longer feel in awe of them. League games are more important anyway.

This mate!

Although I loved the skint sponsor. Best shirt we ever had by a mile. Sorry to Arse fans but March 17th is way way bigger than this saturday. I don't give too much of a shit if we lose on Saturday, but on Paddy's day, its the be all and end all. Palace at home is just way way bigger.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

completely agree with this - wont care if we lose to The Arsenal - play offs and promotion far more important, Palace on 17th IS a big game.

Oh wow that means I better take a big hanky to the match then to wipe my face, although I doubt I will have ten coffees for you to spit in. Oh hang on you will be watching it via streaming or something wont you. For the record I dont give a shit about your history or your club no more than you do ours, so do yourself a favour and maybe lets end this here and now with may the best team win.

Ps it is Tossers not Tosses

The herd's seat for Saturday.

4d415581ea4a3.jpg

The herds favourite player

2365678067-soccer-barclays-premier-league-bolton-wanderers-v-arsenal-reebok-stadium.jpg

The herds bedroom poster

cropped-arsenal-wallpaper-13.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports