• No, but getting there.

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Not at all :(

Votes: 21 9.4%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Much like my thinking. In the absence of an outstanding second striker, it might be an easier and better option to get one of our seven plus winger/strikers to play a more central role forward and learn how to run into space as well as receiving the ball at their feet. Also going nearer goal able to take the ball on the half turn and be facing goal Peter Ward style. Less preoccupied with defending. I favour Lualua as he can go both ways and shoot with either foot. Even Elvis may be OK if learns to time his runs to avoid offside. He has the pace.

Left back/midfield may be the more feasible purchase. I would go out on a limb and shortlist Robbie Brady (Norwich) as first choice.

I'd love Brady, but:
-- I'd be gobsmacked if it happened, for numerous reasons
-- he's basically a winger/creative midfielder, and we've got plenty of those; if he could play that second striker role -- or something similar -- I'd be more persuaded

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd love Brady, but:
-- I'd be gobsmacked if it happened, for numerous reasons
-- he's basically a winger/creative midfielder, and we've got plenty of those; if he could play that second striker role -- or something similar -- I'd be more persuaded

Agree. Wages might be prohibitive. Maybe Jeremy Helan (Sheff Wed) or Stephen Ward (Burnley)?

Still a case for a defensive midfielder/playmaker so Dale Stephens could be pushed forward and a speed merchant who can run into space and discourage the opposing full back from venturing forward and catch them on the break if they do.

I can't think of a ready made striker and I think we need another left-sided player, maybe a central defender that can play left back?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, mostly. Although still annoyed that the ridiculous sending off of Stephens at Middlesbrough will continue to punish us for the first game of this season.

Looking forward to the new season. Booked train tickets to Derby, Newcastle, Burton and Ipswich now. All good trips and especially looking forward to Newcastle now as I've not been to St James' Park.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Getting there. A couple of months off here was a necessity though!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I got over it immediately because it's only a game and as disappointing as the way it ended was, I had to carry on trying to carve out some sort of meaningful existence in this real world which is horribly complex and soul suckingly out of whack.

The struggle to find solace in the real (fuct up) world will continue to dog me for the most of my days, but hopefully next seasons sporting distraction will be uplifting as it was for so much of last season. I do fear that the league will be tougher than last, and would probably settle for top 6.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It feels like we're in a vacuum. All of the main players are still at the club and there's unfinished business. Right now we have a slightly better starting day XI but with question marks around the future of Stephens, Kayal and Hemed it could go very wrong very quickly and the angst of the missed opportunities of last season may resurface once more.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think I was mostly over it the day after the Play-off semi-final second leg.

We gave it a fantastic go in very difficult circumstances, and even then I was looking forward to the start of the upcoming season.

Me too. Was an odd feeling after getting so close but can not wait for the new season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends. If we sell the family silver Stephens, Beram, Hemed, Dunk for the sake of a few quid then no. Our statement of intent whatever Barber says is Championship football.

If we are serious. And I mean ****ING serious then we say to them if we **** up this time you are free to go at the end of the season thus waiving any (or a minimal transfer fee) and we rebuild.

Im more confident in our scouting than buying shit like COG, Clunge, Spanish Rod, Ballsack etc

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No point dwelling on the past, yes from me.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here