Votes: 98 43.8%
  • No, but getting there.

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Not at all :(

Votes: 21 9.4%

• Total voters

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
They also invested VERY heavily again last season, is this something we intend to do? If not then we are not really in the same situation as they were.

Possibly not on the same scale that they did as they spent just under £30m in the summer window I think. For us it's more important to keep the squad we have & add a couple more top players. Considering the tiny margin in which we missed out by I don't think it would be necessary to go mad with signings.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So much has happened in between with sport and culture that I almost need reminding of last season.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
If Boro had scored just ONE goal fewer in spanking us at the Amex, then they would still be in the Championship, and Albion in the Prem.

It's impossible to conceive of a narrower margin of failure - and I fear it will be impossible to get so close this time around.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The rational side of me is very much over it and looking forward to this season with optimism (providing we can keep Dunk, Kayal, Stephens and Knockaert). However, a tiny part of my brain is still raking over the coals and looking at games last season where we could have snuck the odd extra goal here and there which would have got us over the finishing line.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hell, yes! :)... top Wardy-type striker signing (and an experienced central defender) and then onto the promised land for the mighty Albion...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No..Not over it...Just ordered Derby tickets so hoping to feel more positive come 6th August!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd like to see how hungry the players are come kick off. I think if we keep the spine of the squad and add a couple of talented youngsters with a bit of pace then we will finish top 2.
But who really knows? Football is totally unpredictable at times.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yes. Was over it after the first leg of the play offs.

I'm very excited about this season, possibly the most excited going into a season I've ever been. We're a quality striker away from having an outstanding starting 11 and a couple of squad signings away from having the strongest team and squad in my Brighton supporting lifetime. All of which means we'll probably end up having a stinker of a season...but for now I'm SUPER PUMPED about the season ahead.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Getting there. I got over 2013 quicker because this time we were stitched up by officials. First Mike Dean and his linesman, an offside goal and then the ridiculous sending off which was then exacerbated by the FA not rescinding the decision.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Still no. I am really bitter regarding how we were cheated and 'to the get over it' brigade. Feck the lot of you, I remain really
p!ssed off!

The Stephens sending off was a travesty. The decision not to send Barton off....... Etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If we had Knockaert and Skalak from the start of last season I am 100% convinced we would have been promoted with matches to spare. If we keep the main men and make those 2-3 crucial additions to the squad then I am optimistic we can do it this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This could be a much more exciting season than the one we would be having if we'd got promoted. Is that positive enough for you?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nearly got over Barry Lloyd presiding over the sale of our best players in the eighties.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If Boro had scored just ONE goal fewer in spanking us at the Amex, then they would still be in the Championship, and Albion in the Prem.

It's impossible to conceive of a narrower margin of failure - and I fear it will be impossible to get so close this time around.

You can't say that because the last game would have been played on an entirely different basis (if indeed al other results before that had stayed the same). Boro would then have had to win rather than Albion.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we can keep our key players, then yes. While we'd really benefit from a quality, quick, goalscoring striker, that could emerge in a number of ways, not necessarily a marquee signing tomorrow. CH has the tactical nous to get a lot out of this squad, and I wouldn't be surpried if he used eg March, Skalak, Knockaert in different roles/formations at some point if we don't get this rapid second striker, or the one we get doesn't do what we expect him to do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we can keep our key players, then yes. While we'd really benefit from a quality, quick, goalscoring striker, that could emerge in a number of ways, not necessarily a marquee signing tomorrow. CH has the tactical nous to get a lot out of this squad, and I wouldn't be surpried if he used eg March, Skalak, Knockaert in different roles/formations at some point if we don't get this rapid second striker.

Much like my thinking. In the absence of an outstanding second striker, it might be an easier and better option to get one of our seven plus winger/strikers to play a more central role forward and learn how to run into space as well as receiving the ball at their feet. Also going nearer goal able to take the ball on the half turn and be facing goal Peter Vardy style. Less preoccupied with defending. I favour Lualua as he can go both ways and shoot with either foot. Even Elvis may be OK if learns to time his runs to avoid offside. He has the pace.

Left back/midfield may be the more feasible purchase. I would go out on a limb and shortlist Robbie Brady (Norwich) as first choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here